Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424441
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224488
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309712
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169306
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6344
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61198

Bricked Cq60-211dx
#11
(11-22-2015, 12:45 PM)tavishd Wrote: if you let it sit long enough it will power down or restart. It should only start short beeping when it has the correct board id named to your bios bin file. Are you sure your flashing the correct bios image for your laptop?

Thanks for the reply! Sorry to bother you with a long post.. but maybe you'll need the details!

here's my story:

How it happened:

I was reverting from win10 to win7 (win 10 has the option to do so) and during the process, laptop rebooted once and it started up as a blank screen (screen backlight was ON but screen was black) and after about half hour letting it like that, I noticed it isn't even doing anything. I tried to turn it off but Power button didn't respond (even if holding for few seconds). The only way to turn it off was to remove the battery. Next time it gave me 2-blink led sequence which later I found out it is related to BIOS corruption.

What I tried so far:

Extracted the 363FF03.fd file from the BIOS setup (I tried all 3 versions available on HP site F03 F12 an F15) and tried recovering it with the following names: 363F.bin, 363.bin, F.bin (this one I got from PhoenixTool - it said F.BI? ), but none of these worked.. only a single or couple of beeps and reboot.
Then I read your post about board ID and there is a sticker on my laptop saying : REV. 3652-110... I gave it a try with 3652.bin and finally it beeped 5 times... then beeped 6 times after that, but with about 8 seconds pause between each beep....  then nothing..
So: .....___.___.___.___.___.___._. (notice the shorter beep in the end)
I let the laptop stay like that for an hour but it didn't shut down itself.

Am I missing something here??  Undecided

p.s. 
- Laptop model: Compaq Presario CQ61-420EM
- I tried with 4GB usb formatted as FAT or FAT32.. I even partitioned it as 500MB only just to give it a try.
find
quote
#12
try also 03652.bin and 3652.rom. try only with the latest bios f15.
find
quote
#13
also try removing your cmos battery for a few minutes. This happened during a windows 10 install. Remove your hdd also and see if you can get into the bios. sounds like something uefi is corrup.
find
quote
#14
Hi mate,
Extract bios file from original installer file 363FF03.fd and rename It as (make multiple copies) :

363F.fd
363F.bin
3652.fd
3652.bin
F.BIN

Use the HP Tools UEFI to prepare the USB Stick and rename as HP_TOOLS It !
Then copy into the Recovery Files and use the recovery procedure to start It.

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#15
Hi mate,
Extract bios file from original installer file 363FF03.fd and rename It as (make multiple copies) :

363F.fd
363F.bin
3652.fd
3652.bin
F.BIN

Use the HP Tools UEFI to prepare the USB Stick and rename as HP_TOOLS It !
Then copy into the Recovery Files and use the recovery procedure to start It.

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#16
Hi, and thanks!

@tavishd, I had no success with suggested filenames.. so far, the only name that made my laptop "react" was 3652.bin. 
As for the HDD and battery,  I did most tests without HDD being attached and I also tried leaving the battery out overnight.. with no success!!!

@BDMaster,  I read somewhere about creating the HP_TOOLS USB but I didn't find that utility for my Laptop model on the driver downloads section.. Does this mean that it doesn't support UEFI or I simply have to get the tool elsewhere? If so, can you please share a link?


I appreciate your effort for help guys as I'm running out of ideas.. and repair stores in my place here are not much of a hope! They only fix some "basic" stuff :/
find
quote
#17
Here You go :

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48394.exe

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)