Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424443
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224492
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309716
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20277
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169307
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6345
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Broken Insyde-Bios Acer Aspire 4820TG
#1
Ladies & gentlemen,

I interrupted a BIOS update and probably destroyed my Insyde BIOS. So I tried to do a BIOS recovery with different tutorials (for example https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/), but it did not work.

Model: AS4820TG
Product Name: Acer Aspire 4820TG-434G50Mn
BIOS Chip: SOIC8

I have performed the following steps:

1. I got the correct BIOS file from the Acer website (BIOS_Acer_1.15_Windows.zip).
2. I unzipped BIOS_Acer_1.15_Windows.zip, came out the following files:
BIOS_Acer_1.15_Windows.zip \ DOS \ ZQ1_115.exe
BIOS_Acer_1.15_Windows.zip \ Windows \ ZQ1_115W.exe
3. I unzipped the ZQ1_115W.exe, came out the following files:
AtpTimerInfo.dll
ding.wav
FWUpdLcl.exe
InsydeFlash.exe
iscflash.dll
iscflash.sys
iscflashx64.sys
Platform.ini
xerces c_2_7.dll
ZQ1x64.fd
4. I formatted a 2GB USB stick with FAT.
5. I copied the file ZQ1x64.fd to the USB stick.
6. I have removed AC and the battery pack.
7. I connected the USB stick to the laptop.
8. I pressed FN + ESC and did not let go.
9. I have connected AC to the laptop.
10. I pressed the power button.
11. After 15 seconds the USB stick started to light up and I released FN + ESC.
12. The fan got louder. No beep. The screen switched between two blacks. The USB stick changes regularly between: 10-20 seconds light up, 3 - 4 times short flash, no light, 10-20 seconds light up...  ...and so on.
13. I wait 10-30 minutes but nothing happens.
14. I turn off the laptop, remove the USB stick and turn on the laptop again.
15. I still do not get any output on the screen.

Have I made some mistakes? Or should I try another file? Or is there another solution without remove the chip?
I already tried every BIOS-file from the Acer homepage (v1.13-v1.25) and also a working and tested file from notebookreview. I also tried with ‘Windows’ key and the ‘B’ key. And i also used another USB Sticks.
Sorry for my poor English.

I dont have money for new hardware so i would be glad if someone can help me with this issue, very very thank you.  Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)