Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223829
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309528
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 (45CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#1
I have already seen the whitelist removed version post. That version is an older bios. The bios that mine came with is newer. 45CN47WW I cannot find a download link form Lenovo's site, so I ask for instructions on how to dump my current bios.

This laptop came with an Intel 1000 BGN.
Here is the hardware id given by device manager:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&CC_0280

Lastly, so Lenovo's tend to be RSA signed? I don't think this one uses a Phoenix bios.

Thanks to all of the help!
find
quote
#2
I just got the new wireless card today. Atheros 9285. I still haven't found a link to the bios version 45CN47WW. Is there a way for me to extract the current bios so it can finally get patched?
find
quote
#3
Hello

I'm trying to install an Intel 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC+Bluetooth in place of the stock Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN.

I'm currently running Win7 Ultimate and Ubuntu Linux dual boot with Linux GRUB as the loader for the dual configuration.

The following link is the BIOS update for the Z570-

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS027327

It's for BIOS version 45CN38WW, but I have version 45CN47WW (the unit was made A few months after the 45CN38WW update)

I tried using the file for Z570 in your archive: http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Whitelists%2F&download=Len_G570_40CN23WW_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe

The first time i used it, I got "error 97" and the program stopped responding. I tried 3 more times and the just hangs up and stops responding
the progress window says

(check) Load new BIOS
x Analyze Old and New BIOS Compatability ---> it hangs up on this step

I still have the original HDD with only win7 on it, I could switch drives if you think it would make any difference.

Otherwise any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
find
quote
#4
(03-07-2014, 02:04 AM)Aratinga Wrote: Hello

I'm trying to install an Intel 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC+Bluetooth in place of the stock Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN.

I'm currently running Win7 Ultimate and Ubuntu Linux dual boot with Linux GRUB as the loader for the dual configuration.

The following link is the BIOS update for the Z570-

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS027327

It's for BIOS version 45CN38WW, but I have version 45CN47WW (the unit was made A few months after the 45CN38WW update)

I tried using the file for Z570 in your archive: http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Whitelists%2F&download=Len_G570_40CN23WW_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe

The first time i used it, I got "error 97" and the program stopped responding. I tried 3 more times and the just hangs up and stops responding
the progress window says

(check) Load new BIOS
x Analyze Old and New BIOS Compatability ---> it hangs up on this step

I still have the original HDD with only win7 on it, I could switch drives if you think it would make any difference.

Otherwise any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Backup bios for mod: https://app.box.com/s/n0pd6fcig5j0lp9acgpb
(Run and upload result.rar)

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#5
(03-07-2014, 03:06 AM)sovem Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 02:04 AM)Aratinga Wrote: Hello

I'm trying to install an Intel 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC+Bluetooth in place of the stock Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN.

I'm currently running Win7 Ultimate and Ubuntu Linux dual boot with Linux GRUB as the loader for the dual configuration.

The following link is the BIOS update for the Z570-

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS027327

It's for BIOS version 45CN38WW, but I have version 45CN47WW (the unit was made A few months after the 45CN38WW update)

I tried using the file for Z570 in your archive: http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Whitelists%2F&download=Len_G570_40CN23WW_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe

The first time i used it, I got "error 97" and the program stopped responding. I tried 3 more times and the just hangs up and stops responding
the progress window says

(check) Load new BIOS
x Analyze Old and New BIOS Compatability ---> it hangs up on this step

I still have the original HDD with only win7 on it, I could switch drives if you think it would make any difference.

Otherwise any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Backup bios for mod: https://app.box.com/s/n0pd6fcig5j0lp9acgpb
(Run and upload result.rar)

Here it is (see attachment)


Attached Files
.rar   result.rar (Size: 99.86 KB / Downloads: 38)
find
quote
#6
Wrong backup. Please run as administrator and upload result.rar again.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#7
(03-07-2014, 04:56 PM)sovem Wrote: Wrong backup. Please run as administrator and upload result.rar again.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what's wrong. There's only one account on the machine and it has Admin privileges. I ran the program again but got the same result.

I even tried creating another administrator account and running the program again, but I got the same error results.

Is there a different version for Linux? I could try running it from the Linux portion or switch the HDD back to the original.

whats your recommendation?
find
quote
#8
(03-07-2014, 06:05 PM)Aratinga Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 04:56 PM)sovem Wrote: Wrong backup. Please run as administrator and upload result.rar again.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what's wrong. There's only one account on the machine and it has Admin privileges. I ran the program again but got the same result.

I even tried creating another administrator account and running the program again, but I got the same error results.

Is there a different version for Linux? I could try running it from the Linux portion or switch the HDD back to the original.

whats your recommendation?

Right click and "Run as administrator"

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#9
(03-07-2014, 06:08 PM)fjfc Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 06:05 PM)Aratinga Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 04:56 PM)sovem Wrote: Wrong backup. Please run as administrator and upload result.rar again.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what's wrong. There's only one account on the machine and it has Admin privileges. I ran the program again but got the same result.

I even tried creating another administrator account and running the program again, but I got the same error results.

Is there a different version for Linux? I could try running it from the Linux portion or switch the HDD back to the original.

whats your recommendation?

Right click and "Run as administrator"


ok, here it is


Attached Files
.rar   result.rar (Size: 1.65 MB / Downloads: 41)
find
quote
#10
(03-07-2014, 06:47 PM)Aratinga Wrote: ok, here it is

WL removed: Ideapad_Z570_45CN47WW_NWL_Aratinga
http://rghost.net/52899010
Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)