Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223826
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309526
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274954

Dell Alienware Aurora R4 & Ivy Bridge-E
#31
Go to \Intel ME System Tools v8 r3\Flash Programming Tool\Windows64 and run in command line with administrative rights:
fptw64 -a 0x3EA068 -l 0x1C028 -d ucode.bin
Show results and attach a file ucode.bin
P.S. Did you test your Xeon with other system?
find
quote
#32
Here's the file you wanted and no I have no other LGA 2011 system to test with. I got the CPU from a seller who claims to test every CPU they sell so I'm fairly confident it's working and the mobo is instead the problem.


Attached Files
.bin   ucode.bin (Size: 112.04 KB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#33
Copy ucode_m.bin to \Intel ME System Tools v8 r3\Flash Programming Tool\Windows64 and run in command line with administrative rights:
fptw64 -a 0x3EA068 -l 0x1C028 -f ucode_m.bin
Show results.
find
quote
#34
I flashed the new microcode successfully and tried the xeon again but it still won't POST.
find
quote
#35
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
find
quote
#36
Here's the screencap.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#37
Microcode updated correctly.
I haven't other ideas but testing your Xeon with other system.
find
quote
#38
Thanks so much anyway I really do appreciate the help I feel it's a long shot to get it to run on a dell proprietary system anyway. I'll probably end up selling the system and getting one of those chinese x79 boards that have xeon support. If you have any ideas on which one is good I'd appreciate it.
find
quote
#39
Hi, Sorry to revive an old thread. I have the r4 motherboard with i7 3820 too and is hoping to upgrade to e5 1680 v2. I think this is still possible because I found geekbench results https://browser.geekbench.com/search?q=r4+1680+v2 that use the exact components.
find
quote
#40
Read this thread attentively.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)