Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223997
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20231
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6282
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61133

Dell Dimension 9200 RAID 8.5
#1
I made this for my work machine. I'm using it successfully but I do not use an actual RAID at work - just using the OROM for performance reasons. It loads fine, so it should all work, but because I have not tested it with an actual RAID array, I won't post it in confirmed updates. Tried 10.6 first but it didn't work and it was a pain for me to get this on there, so I didn't feel like trying other versions. I was sure that 8.5 would work because it's within the 64KB barrier that some machines have.

Dell Dimension 9200 / XPS 410
Intel Matrix RAID 8.5
Dell SLIC 2.1

Partially tested working

Note to those who may be unaware: This file will work in both Windows and DOS. If you need to recover anything, you can make a flash CD (Google FlashCD1.zip) and just run the EXE.

Edit: This is based on version 2.5.3, if the filename didn't make sense. If anyone has this machine and wants to try 8.7, 8.9.1, 9.6 or 10.1, let me know. All I can tell you right now is that 10.6 does not work and that 8.5 does. Stock was 6.0.

Edit 2: Tried some more configurations. RAID 9.6 freezes before the RAID prompt ever comes up. As for the other following tests, I may have messed up as I created these files on my work machine instead of home machine, but integrating either AHCI 1.20E and/or RAID 8.7.0 ICH9 or 8.9.1 ICH10 will freeze after the RAID text comes up. It will go into setup and even show the boot menu, but will not boot to the hard drive. I may be retesting these scenarios.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#2
Hi Dansolo

Can not extract your DXP061-020503_SLIC.zip file (7-zip, winzip, winrar). Can you please check? Waht packer do you use?

Cheers, impidu
find
quote
#3
Hi,

I'd be interested in an update on how you got along with those versions - esp v10.1 (or anything which will be more SSD friendly than v6).

Thanks
J
find
quote
#4
Sorry for the corrupt file. I'll try to remember to upload it again tomorrow. I did not get this working with anything later than 8.5 though I haven't tried every single version. But I couldn't get 8.7, 8.9, or 8.9.1 working.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#5
*polite nudge*

Smile
find
quote
#6
Any chance you still have a link to this file? :-)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)