Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424209
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223918
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169171
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61124

Dell Inspiron 15 7577
#1
Hi my laptop has a i5-7300HQ its has a max boost of 3.5GHz for one core 3.3GHz for 2 cores, 3.2GHz for 3 cores and 3.1GHz for four cores. I would like if it was possible to raise the four core multiplier to 3.3Ghz to 3.5Ghz. I have tried everything XTU, Throttlestop, SETFSB nothing works. Would anyone be able to change the bios or allow me to change the reference core MHZ past 100MHz? See in XTU I receive a been score in the high 600's the record though on HMBOT is in the 900's with multiple other people in the 900's. Does anyone have any idea how they were able to get such a high score and how can I replicate it? 

Thanks for any input and help it just may not be possible for me to get anymore performance out of it and that is def a bummer.

Also does anyone know how to get the PLL for my computer and then add it into SETFSB I think that could work as well but I just don't know enough yet to do it.
find
quote
#2
(03-30-2019, 09:31 AM)uscgpeterson Wrote: Hi my laptop has a i5-7300HQ its has a max boost of 3.5GHz for one core 3.3GHz for 2 cores, 3.2GHz for 3 cores and 3.1GHz for four cores.
This is normal for i5-7300HQ.
find
quote
#3
(03-31-2019, 03:29 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 09:31 AM)uscgpeterson Wrote: Hi my laptop has a i5-7300HQ its has a max boost of 3.5GHz for one core 3.3GHz for 2 cores, 3.2GHz for 3 cores and 3.1GHz for four cores.
This is normal for i5-7300HQ.


Yes I know I was just giving information for anyone that might have been unfamiliar with the chip. But I guess if anyone thought they could help me they would probably know lol. I just wanna know if there is anyone way possible to boost this thing 200mhz to 300mhz on all four cores nothing crazy.
find
quote
#4
I'm trying to OC the CPU in my computer so that I can get all four cores to 3.5ghz instead of just 1. I am guessing that I would have to get the bios unlocked if so does anyone know if it has been done yet or that can do it? What about unlocking Throttlestop or XTU? Idk what the capabilities of what someone can do, there might be other options that aren't as big as the bios.

Also I'm guessing that if I were to get the PLL for my motherboard and input it into SETFSB I could potentially overclock it a little. I just don't know enough to figure it all out. If anyone has any information on either of those request please, please let ya boy know.

Thanks for any input!
find
quote
#5
You can't overclock it.
find
quote
#6
(03-31-2019, 11:28 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: You can't overclock it.

Yeah I don't think so but I was able to get a 10% performance increase do to adjusting the voltages. I got the top benchmark on userbenchmark last night which is pretty cool. Its like a mini overclock.  Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)