Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 733
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107701
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3535
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9185
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8741
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14344
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425620
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227518
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119700
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 618
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310574
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

Dell Vostro 200 v1.0.16 Experimental Unlocking & Upgrading Project
#81
I dont understand why this board dont run quad processors. I was searching g33m02 and google says its a http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000319 board, and in specifications are written this: "Intel® Core™2 Quad" and "Supports Intel® next generation 45nm Multi-Core CPU".
I tested on this board with Vostro200-1016-RAID87-AHCI10670-VGA1653-IBA1363-slic-2.1.BIN and got a black screen. So i dont have any idea to keep this mobo alive. Was thinking to buy Asus P5Q Pro or Turbo.
find
quote
#82
(11-25-2014, 05:29 PM)boltron88 Wrote: Sorry to revive a old thread but did anyone find a fix for the dead LAN MAC of all FF's after flashing?
after update my LAN MAC Address changed to all FF and even after restoring my BIOS backup the problem still persists, any help would be appreciated

Hi
Did you reflashed yourLAN MAC? If yes, how you did it?
find
quote
#83
(11-28-2014, 10:56 PM)Kasm279 Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 05:29 PM)boltron88 Wrote: Sorry to revive a old thread but did anyone find a fix for the dead LAN MAC of all FF's after flashing?
after update my LAN MAC Address changed to all FF and even after restoring my BIOS backup the problem still persists, any help would be appreciated

Yes, use the Intel utility for their ethernet chipsets. I believe this is it, but it's been a while. http://www.intel.com/support/network/ada...008212.htm

Next time don't clear the DMI block. Rolleyes

I have the same problem. My Lan MAC has all EE's. I downloaded utility from Intel, but I don't known how to use it. Can you help me? The utility name is PREBOOT.EXE, is this correct one?
find
quote
#84
Hi,

Just loaded 2nd bios from this thread to try to enable AHCI for better performance with SSD.
(I already run Vista 32bit on a Samsung 850 EVO, with the mobo configurated as RAID)

When I change to AHCI in the bios and restart, the screen says AHCI enabled, and list my HDD and CD drive.
Then it starts to load windows (the green loading bar), but soon reboot.

After that, it keeps on doing the same thing: Dell screen > AHCI screen > Windows load > reboot > ... etc

But it works just fine in RAID mode (using the PC to post this message).

2 questions:
- What is wrong ?? Other people seems happy with that bios
- Would the performance of my SSD improve using AHCI mode instead of RAID?

Currently, Samsung magician performance test shows that my SSD runs at half the speed it should (and that AHCI is not enabled). And that I can't activate "Write cache buffer" because of Intel IRST drivers or/and some Marvell chipset.

Any help?

Thanks
find
quote
#85
(03-11-2016, 06:28 AM)sergiowai Wrote: Hi,

Just loaded 2nd bios from this thread to try to enable AHCI for better performance with SSD.
(I already run Vista 32bit on a Samsung 850 EVO, with the mobo configurated as RAID)

When I change to AHCI in the bios and restart, the screen says AHCI enabled, and list my HDD and CD drive.
Then it starts to load windows (the green loading bar), but soon reboot.

After that, it keeps on doing the same thing: Dell screen > AHCI screen > Windows load > reboot > ... etc

But it works just fine in RAID mode (using the PC to post this message).

2 questions:
- What is wrong ?? Other people seems happy with that bios
- Would the performance of my SSD improve using AHCI mode instead of RAID?

Currently, Samsung magician performance test shows that my SSD runs at half the speed it should (and that AHCI is not enabled). And that I can't activate "Write cache buffer" because of Intel IRST drivers or/and some Marvell chipset.

Any help?

Thanks
Hi sergiowai,

A-1) Your copy of Windows is restarting because it's missing AHCI drivers.
When switching between RAID/IDE/AHCI from BIOS that is what's happening normally.
The easiest way is to re-install, because the driver injection procedure is fairly complicated for a running copy of Windows.

A-2) You can trust Samsung Magician, what it says about performance - AHCI is better.

Best regards,
Eugene
find
quote
#86
Thank you very much,

So I need to reinstall the OS after activating the AHCI in the BIOS, now that it permits it (v2 from this topic).

Anybody else having the message about the IRST/Marvell thing?
I will look on the web, see if there is a workaround, and post here later if successful.

Thank you again to all  for the work here.
find
quote
#87
Hi,

Just re-installed vindows.

AHCI is now enabled, but SSD performances are poor.

Sequential tests are half what Samsung announces, like before with RAID.
But Random are now very very low, I was getting half with RAID, but its now very bad with AHCI.

I'm using latest Intel drivers, nothing from DELL.

No more message about Intel/Marvell chipset, and cache write seems enabled.

I'm running out of ideas. Would it just mean that even with AHCI enabled, that motherboard can't really benefit from SSD drives?


[Image: 160320115032655547.jpg]

[Image: 160320115033362541.jpg]

thanks
find
quote
#88
(10-25-2014, 12:52 AM)Eugene74 Wrote: Greetings everyone,

One more reason to keep this Thread alive:
You can run Quad Core Xeon LGA 771 CPUs on Vostro 200

Xeon 771 is fast QUAD core on a low price (just gOOgle: LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs)
I just modified "Vostro200-1016-RAID87-AHCI10670-VGA1653-IBA1363 slic 2.1" one more time to be able to run Yorkfield-CL And Harpertown 45nm XEONs.

Package includes DELL-DD981F15 certificate matching the SLIC added by mikewh

... and you are ready to go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7pj1f2ryv0606...2.zip?dl=1

Thanks again Dansolo and Thanks mikewh Rolleyes

Hello
when I click to download I have dropbox error 404
thanks
find
quote
#89
(03-28-2016, 11:50 AM)tilt77 Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 12:52 AM)Eugene74 Wrote: Greetings everyone,

One more reason to keep this Thread alive:
You can run Quad Core Xeon LGA 771 CPUs on Vostro 200

Xeon 771 is fast QUAD core on a low price (just gOOgle: LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs)
I just modified "Vostro200-1016-RAID87-AHCI10670-VGA1653-IBA1363 slic 2.1" one more time to be able to run Yorkfield-CL And Harpertown 45nm XEONs.

Package includes DELL-DD981F15 certificate matching the SLIC added by mikewh

... and you are ready to go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7pj1f2ryv0606...2.zip?dl=1

Thanks again Dansolo and Thanks mikewh Rolleyes

Hello
when I click to download I have dropbox error 404
thanks
I find it in atachement files
thanks
find
quote
#90
(03-28-2016, 01:20 PM)tilt77 Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 11:50 AM)tilt77 Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 12:52 AM)Eugene74 Wrote: Greetings everyone,

One more reason to keep this Thread alive:
You can run Quad Core Xeon LGA 771 CPUs on Vostro 200

Xeon 771 is fast QUAD core on a low price (just gOOgle: LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs)
I just modified "Vostro200-1016-RAID87-AHCI10670-VGA1653-IBA1363 slic 2.1" one more time to be able to run Yorkfield-CL And Harpertown 45nm XEONs.

Package includes DELL-DD981F15 certificate matching the SLIC added by mikewh

... and you are ready to go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7pj1f2ryv0606...2.zip?dl=1

Thanks again Dansolo and Thanks mikewh Rolleyes

Hello
when I click to download I have dropbox error 404
thanks
I find it in atachement files
thanks

Hi, did you tried it? Does this mod work?

Thanks in advance.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)