Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 93
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424398
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3611
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 202
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224435
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119165
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6781
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 400
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309693
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61958
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20271
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169263
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6341
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 820
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5791
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61193

Fujitsu AH562 BIOS-UEFI Problem-Assistance request
#1
Hi, I would appreciate your help with the following problem.

I have a Fujitsu laptop AH562 witn a BIOS-UEFI problem since I converted the HDD to a SSD. For more details on the paltop go to the following link:

http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/s...=TECHSPECS

After copying the HDD to SSD with ALtiris utility provided with the Kingston SSD and replacing the HDD with the SSD the laptop went into a startup loop with no screen display and only the disk LED flashing twice per second. I waited for approximatly 2h and then stopped the laptop by depressing the power switch for 5 seconds.

Since then, at power-up, the laptap always goes to the UEFI boot menu with the Boot Menu and Application tabs. 

The SSD itself runs properly and boots Windows 10 Home on another PC tower using an Asus motherboard with Award BIOS-UEFI.

Please refer to the folowing link for photos: (hoping that it will work)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsHDQcxWPKQBiAbE9qVsNM4HHL37
 
I also included the photos as a ZIP file attachment .

The Boot Menu shows no boot devices.
 
The Application Menu shows 10 applications entries but repeats the same options many times:
- 5 x Diagnostic Screen, 
- 1 x Diagnostic Program, 
- 4 x BIOS Setup. 
 
All entries are functional and they all do what they should do.
 
After selecting BIOS Setup in the Application menu, the normal BIOS screens appear but the only Boot Order entry in UEFI-BIOS Boot menu is Floppy Disc Drive which does not exist on this AH562 laptop. 

Normally I would see at least a SATA drive and a CD/DVD SATA drive. In the attached Diagnostic Screen photo, I have a SATA HDD and ODD drive installed and they do not show in the Boot Order enties.

In this situation, I cannot boot from any device since the Boot Order menu shows no HDD/SSD or CD/DVD entry. Only the Floppy disk is shown.

Nonetheless, the Application Menu entry Diagnostic Program allows successfull testing of the CPU. Memory and HDD.

In addition, the Application Menu entry Diagnostic Screen shows the HDD and CD/DVD. 
 
Clearing the NVRAM CMOS by shorting the 2 pads under the RAM memory location did not clear this condition even after reseting the BIOS to Default setting.

Removing the HDD and ODD and any USB drive did not change the laptop behaviour.
 
*** My need for assistance ***
 
I need assistance to recover from this unusual situation wich prevents the use of this otherwise fully functional LIFEBOOK AH562.
 
This appears to be an incorrect configuration of the UEFI-BIOS which did not correct itself on startup. It is possibly a UEFI-BIOS corruption.

So it looks like resolving my AH562 problem will require to find the proper following items for this laptop:

- a BIOS-UEFI file,
- a flashing tool, 
- a procedure for flashing the BIOS-UEFI file into the onboard chip.

*** My questions ***

- Should I reflash the UEFI-BIOS to restore the proper Boot Order entries?
Note: I cannot find any BIOS for the AH562 on the Fujitsu Canada Support web site. The BIOS update utility available for other A-Series laptops would only run from Windows which cannot be booted in my case without a HDD or CD/DVD.

- Are the proper BIOS-UEFI file, tool and procedure available for this Fujitsu AH562 laptop? 
 
- Will the laptop access the USB disk if the actual Boot order entries only show a Floppy Disk Drive in the  UEFI-BIOS Boot menu?
 
- Is my only option replacing the AH562 motherboard?
Note: In the attached photos you have the motherboard part number. Is this motherboard available from any source at an acceptable cost for this aging laptop.
 
If you are not able to help me with this problem, would you please refer me to a person who could assist.
 
Even with 18 years of experience with computers, I need assistance with this unusual case.
 
A happy Fujitsu LIFEBOOK who still has hope for his friendly old laptop...

I appreciate your collaboration.


Attached Files
.zip   PhotoSelection.zip (Size: 7.2 MB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#2
Hello, i'm newbie, and not sure right understand what exactly mean Secure BIOS, why boot to Disc, USB driver or PXE  need  Supervisor Password, Secure Boot Option, CSM, and when(?) Remove the Supervisor BIOS Password. Did you changed( if need ) something when try boot from another Disc even containing same partitions?
   
find
quote
#3
(05-16-2018, 05:29 AM)LLC Wrote: Hello, i'm newbie, and not sure right understand what exactly mean Secure BIOS, why boot to Disc, USB driver or PXE  need  Supervisor Password, Secure Boot Option, CSM, and when(?) Remove the Supervisor BIOS Password. Did you changed( if need ) something when try boot from another Disc even containing same partitions?

The behaviour of the Fujitsu AH562 on power-up is always the same with any HDD or SSD. 

All HDD and SDD used to test work properly from another PC using Award UEFI.

Even the originally functional electromecanical HDD which was cloned to a SSD causes the same behaviour on the AH562. This original HDD is still functional and boots to Windows 10 Home 64 bit on another Award UEFI PC.

The AH562 no longer boots to any time of boot divice. It simply goes to the Phoenix UEFI  Boot Manager on power up.

I even tried a USB GPT disk with a UEFI Shell apllication and it will not boot from that USB drive. THis same USB drive boots to a UEFI Shell on the other Award UEFI PC.

My problem seems to be that my Phoenix UEFI no longer recognizes ant boot device other than the Floppy drive showing only in the Boot Order List of the Boot tab of the BIOS setup utility.




I have a ticket open with Futjitsi technical support for 2 weeks and I am still waiting for a technician to call me. I do a flollow-up every week.

I just don't know where to go from here...
find
quote
#4
(05-14-2018, 04:21 PM)Christian Hinse Wrote: Hi, I would appreciate your help with the following problem.

I have a Fujitsu laptop AH562 witn a BIOS-UEFI problem since I converted the HDD to a SSD. For more details on the paltop go to the following link:

http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/s...=TECHSPECS

After copying the HDD to SSD with ALtiris utility provided with the Kingston SSD and replacing the HDD with the SSD the laptop went into a startup loop with no screen display and only the disk LED flashing twice per second. I waited for approximatly 2h and then stopped the laptop by depressing the power switch for 5 seconds.

Since then, at power-up, the laptap always goes to the UEFI boot menu with the Boot Menu and Application tabs. 

The SSD itself runs properly and boots Windows 10 Home on another PC tower using an Asus motherboard with Award BIOS-UEFI.

Please refer to the folowing link for photos: (hoping that it will work)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsHDQcxWPKQBiAbE9qVsNM4HHL37
 
I also included the photos as a ZIP file attachment .

The Boot Menu shows no boot devices.
 
The Application Menu shows 10 applications entries but repeats the same options many times:
- 5 x Diagnostic Screen, 
- 1 x Diagnostic Program, 
- 4 x BIOS Setup. 
 
All entries are functional and they all do what they should do.
 
After selecting BIOS Setup in the Application menu, the normal BIOS screens appear but the only Boot Order entry in UEFI-BIOS Boot menu is Floppy Disc Drive which does not exist on this AH562 laptop. 

Normally I would see at least a SATA drive and a CD/DVD SATA drive. In the attached Diagnostic Screen photo, I have a SATA HDD and ODD drive installed and they do not show in the Boot Order enties.

In this situation, I cannot boot from any device since the Boot Order menu shows no HDD/SSD or CD/DVD entry. Only the Floppy disk is shown.

Nonetheless, the Application Menu entry Diagnostic Program allows successfull testing of the CPU. Memory and HDD.

In addition, the Application Menu entry Diagnostic Screen shows the HDD and CD/DVD. 
 
Clearing the NVRAM CMOS by shorting the 2 pads under the RAM memory location did not clear this condition even after reseting the BIOS to Default setting.

Removing the HDD and ODD and any USB drive did not change the laptop behaviour.
 
*** My need for assistance ***
 
I need assistance to recover from this unusual situation wich prevents the use of this otherwise fully functional LIFEBOOK AH562.
 
This appears to be an incorrect configuration of the UEFI-BIOS which did not correct itself on startup. It is possibly a UEFI-BIOS corruption.

So it looks like resolving my AH562 problem will require to find the proper following items for this laptop:

- a BIOS-UEFI file,
- a flashing tool, 
- a procedure for flashing the BIOS-UEFI file into the onboard chip.

*** My questions ***

- Should I reflash the UEFI-BIOS to restore the proper Boot Order entries?
Note: I cannot find any BIOS for the AH562 on the Fujitsu Canada Support web site. The BIOS update utility available for other A-Series laptops would only run from Windows which cannot be booted in my case without a HDD or CD/DVD.

- Are the proper BIOS-UEFI file, tool and procedure available for this Fujitsu AH562 laptop? 
 
- Will the laptop access the USB disk if the actual Boot order entries only show a Floppy Disk Drive in the  UEFI-BIOS Boot menu?
 
- Is my only option replacing the AH562 motherboard?
Note: In the attached photos you have the motherboard part number. Is this motherboard available from any source at an acceptable cost for this aging laptop.
 
If you are not able to help me with this problem, would you please refer me to a person who could assist.
 
Even with 18 years of experience with computers, I need assistance with this unusual case.
 
A happy Fujitsu LIFEBOOK who still has hope for his friendly old laptop...

I appreciate your collaboration.


Here is BIOS for AH562 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
find
quote
#5
(06-03-2018, 01:49 AM)Hi Wrote: Here is BIOS for AH562 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Hi Algun.

With your help, I now have the proper flash tool and BIOS files for my Fujitsu AH562.

But I still have a propblem to get my AH562 to boot from a USB key.

In my original post, I mention that I have only on option to boot from in my actual corrupted BIOSand this option is Floppy  Disk drive wich is not an installed device on this laptop. 

All other boot device option in the Boot Order list of the BIOS Boot Menu tab are missing and I don't know how to add the miisng options: HDD, ODD, USB drive.

Do you know how to recreate an normal Boot Order list ?

Thanks al lot for your help.

Christian Hinse
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)