Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424376
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3608
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224372
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6778
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309680
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20268
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169251
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6334
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61188

G50vt-x5 upgrade from x9100 to QX9300 (Freezing at startup)
#11
Try to delete or rename file C:\Windows\System32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll
find
quote
#12
It says I need permision from Trusted Installer. How do I remove this file? This is my laptop, only one user. I am the admin.
find
quote
#13
Take ownership of this file and change permissions - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2...-boot.html
find
quote
#14
Having trouble. I will take some time to figure out how to do this and return once it is done
find
quote
#15
(02-22-2018, 02:39 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Take ownership of this file and change permissions - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2...-boot.html

Ok, I renamed it.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#16
OK. Now try to boot with Number of processors=1 and QX9300.
find
quote
#17
I should not that in the mean time, I changed my CPU back to 2 cores. It was too slow when I changed it to 1 core.
find
quote
#18
Ok so do step one again, and now try to reboot with qx9300 installed?
find
quote
#19
It didn't work. Same freeze up at the same loading point.

I should mention that I read somewhere that this quad core isn't technically a quad core (like modern quad cores) since its just 2 due cores put together. I really dont know anything about cpu's but i do remember reading this and i do see that there are two places to put thermal paste on. This is the how my processor looks (view image) so maybe the system doesn't see these as real quad cores? I guess it was INtels first line of quad cores so it was primitive?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#20
A few motherboards with PM45 chipset can boot quad cores CPUs. It's hardware incompatibility.
But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting:
[Image: quadcore-pinsy1dm5.jpg]
[Image: sockelt6126e71.jpg]
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)