Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.22 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Today 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22046
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 40987
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6578
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317155
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101080
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2525
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 339
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55329
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64134
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 99
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52220
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167264
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334

General method to remove whitelist from Insyde BIOS
where is bios.fd file on my computer
find
(01-22-2012, 10:56 AM)hspumanti Wrote: I finally got my hands on a 2MB ROM I could work with. I used the NAWA1110 (v1.10) ROM which is for a Lenovo G455/G555 laptop for this effort. The string to search for in this case was "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it". So after loading up the .ROM file in EZH2O, I brought up WinHex (which keeps crashing so it takes longer than it would otherwise) and searched for the Unicode string. Finding that I then searched UP for the Hex Values '4d5a'. Finding this I copied from here to the end of the data region where the string was found and saved it to 'something.exe'. Since I'm on a 64 bit system I can't use debug.exe, so I used PEBrowser64, which worked fine for what I was needing. Using PEBrowser64, I opened 'something.exe' and then opened the sections list on the left pane and dbl-clicked the '.text' section which brings up a limited disassembly window. This allowed me to get the starting address and then going to the View->Disassemble At... and putting in the address '180000260' I get a disassembly of the main routine for checking the wifi card Ven/Dev ids (see fig1 and 2).

Disassembly 1 The device checking routine
Disassembly 2 The rest of the story

A quick inspection of this showed that to get out of this routine we need to get to the address '3d0' which quickly leads to the ret statement. We want to make as few changes as possible since we don't know what might happen with any of the returned values. Seeing the 'jne 305' looks like it could cause an endless loop since nothing that is tested would be changing (unless another thread was running that had access to the memory at SP+40). Also notice the 'lea cx, 960' at address 2eb, this is the address of the 'unauthorized' string. Changing the 'jne 2f9 at address 2c0 to a jmp 2f9 gets us past the string output and changing 'je 30d' at address 2fb to 'jmp 30d' gets us out no questions asked. See fig. 3 for the disassembly with the final modifications.

Disassembly 3 The Fix

I hope this helps in dealing with the 2mb version of the Insyde BIOS. Here is a link to the modded ROM:

Modded BIOS zipped
Hi, please update your link to the modded bios for lenovo g555
find
(03-29-2012, 10:06 AM)-+Bert+- Wrote: [quote='hspumanti' pid='41346' dateline='1327247803']
I finally got my hands on a 2MB ROM I could work with. I used the NAWA1110 (v1.10) ROM which is for a Lenovo G455/G555 laptop for this effort. The string to search for in this case was "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it". So after loading up the .ROM file in EZH2O, I brought up WinHex (which keeps crashing so it takes longer than it would otherwise) and searched for the Unicode string. Finding that I then searched UP for the Hex Values '4d5a'. Finding this I copied from here to the end of the data region where the string was found and saved it to 'something.exe'. Since I'm on a 64 bit system I can't use debug.exe, so I used PEBrowser64, which worked fine for what I was needing. Using PEBrowser64, I opened 'something.exe' and then opened the sections list on the left pane and dbl-clicked the '.text' section which brings up a limited disassembly window. This allowed me to get the starting address and then going to the View->Disassemble At... and putting in the address '180000260' I get a disassembly of the main routine for checking the wifi card Ven/Dev ids (see fig1 and 2).

A quick inspection of this showed that to get out of this routine we need to get to the address '3d0' which quickly leads to the ret statement. We want to make as few changes as possible since we don't know what might happen with any of the returned values. Seeing the 'jne 305' looks like it could cause an endless loop since nothing that is tested would be changing (unless another thread was running that had access to the memory at SP+40). Also notice the 'lea cx, 960' at address 2eb, this is the address of the 'unauthorized' string. Changing the 'jne 2f9 at address 2c0 to a jmp 2f9 gets us past the string output and changing 'je 30d' at address 2fb to 'jmp 30d' gets us out no questions asked. See fig. 3 for the disassembly with the final modifications.

Disassembly 3 The Fix

I hope this helps in dealing with the 2mb version of the Insyde BIOS. Here is a link to the modded ROM:

Modded BIOS zipped
Hi, please update your link to the modded bios for lenovo g555
I ordered Atheros-based card. But when I replaced original card with new atheros card I get this message:

"Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it."

Hi, please update your link to the modded bios for lenovo g455
thank you
find
(01-22-2012, 10:56 AM)hspumanti Wrote: I finally got my hands on a 2MB ROM I could work with. I used the NAWA1110 (v1.10) ROM which is for a Lenovo G455/G555 laptop for this effort. The string to search for in this case was "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it". So after loading up the .ROM file in EZH2O, I brought up WinHex (which keeps crashing so it takes longer than it would otherwise) and searched for the Unicode string. Finding that I then searched UP for the Hex Values '4d5a'. Finding this I copied from here to the end of the data region where the string was found and saved it to 'something.exe'. Since I'm on a 64 bit system I can't use debug.exe, so I used PEBrowser64, which worked fine for what I was needing. Using PEBrowser64, I opened 'something.exe' and then opened the sections list on the left pane and dbl-clicked the '.text' section which brings up a limited disassembly window. This allowed me to get the starting address and then going to the View->Disassemble At... and putting in the address '180000260' I get a disassembly of the main routine for checking the wifi card Ven/Dev ids (see fig1 and 2).

Disassembly 3 The Fix

Modded BIOS zipped

new link
http://www.mediafire.com/?3u1ejhghbreqet3
find

Disassembly 3 The Fix

Modded BIOS zipped

new link
http://www.mediafire.com/?3u1ejhghbreqet3

Attached Files
.zip   NAWA1110WL.zip (Size: 1.09 MB / Downloads: 22)
find
So, I’m a total newb when it comes to bios and hex editing. I have searched through the forums for over a day now trying to figure out how to get by the whitelist. I have a Motion CL900 and have broken down the bios http://www.motioncomputing.com/drivers/C...A06_RN.htm and found that I use the QEX2GA06.fd. I would like to use the wwan port which has a Sierra Wireless MC8355 card in it, for another wlan slot (intel 3945ABG). I don’t receive an error message on boot but it will simply not register that the card is there. The wwan card has VID 1199 & PID 9011. I played with the hex a little and found 99 11 11 90, but I have no idea what to do with it and would prefer not to brick my system Tongue Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Big Grin
find

Disassembly 3 The Fix

Modded BIOS zipped

Can you please update the Disassembly 1, 2, 3 link?

Thanks,
find
(06-28-2012, 09:52 AM)SST-P Wrote:

Disassembly 3 The Fix

Modded BIOS zipped

Thanks,

Disassembly 1
Disassembly 2
Disassembly 3
find
(06-28-2012, 04:01 PM)hspumanti Wrote:

Disassembly 3 The Fix

Modded BIOS zipped

Thanks,

Disassembly 1
Disassembly 2
Disassembly 3

message I received when try to download.

Sorry, the file link that you requested is not valid.
Reasons for this may include:

Invalid link
The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of user
find
(06-28-2012, 04:01 PM)hspumanti Wrote:

Disassembly 3 The Fix

Modded BIOS zipped

Thanks,

Disassembly 1
Disassembly 2
Disassembly 3

message I received when try to download.

Sorry, the file link that you requested is not valid.
Reasons for this may include:

Invalid link
The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of user
find