Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317112
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40965
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55312
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64131
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52216
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167189
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
I have a Gateway GT5670 ECS MCP61PM-GM I killed with the abit mod file last fall. I purchased another bios chip and came with EMachine ET1161 bios and added support for 4X Phenom. Well at least it boots and works , still say's unknown cpu with 2.8 4X Phenom. I would like to get overclock features to work , and have switched back to 8400 3X 2.1 Phenom. Link to ET1161 bios
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...1676010193&Step1=Desktop&Step2=ET Series&Step3=ET1161&OS=V10&LC=en&BC=eMachines&SC=PA_6E
I try to use the old origional bad flashed chip with AFUDOS and can get a nonfunctional 512k flash but not the current 1024k bios which fails at 75% when hot flashing. I guess the factory chip is just bad ?
Do you think this Nettle bios will work? Or can you do the same mods to Emachine file? I have another board to hot flash with ,should it fail again, but its a different chipset and awd flash refuses to flash even with common switches. AFUDOS might , but I cant get switches / options configured right to force
find
Hi Bill,

I would make a new thread with the EMachines request so I can research the info on the board a bit more. I'm also a bit unclear as to where the Phenom is running and on what BIOS. Also, the ABIT BIOS has been tested personally on all my machines and does work, so it's possible there is a slight variation in the version number of your board, but even that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
(01-20-2011, 03:06 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi Bill,

I would make a new thread with the EMachines request so I can research the info on the board a bit more. I'm also a bit unclear as to where the Phenom is running and on what BIOS. Also, the ABIT BIOS has been tested personally on all my machines and does work, so it's possible there is a slight variation in the version number of your board, but even that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Sorry , I did post again in AWARD section. The failed flash could have been to bios chip limitation.? The new replacement chip works fine , and has newer cpu recognition , ( It says SERVER BIOS, not sure if it's the same as posted) as the 4X chip would not boot before, but still I wanted over clock features. I thought I read a post that a replacement chip may be more ready to take a differant bios. I have tried several times to reflash the old dead chip , and it dies oround 75% of 1024k flash and is succseful at 512k flash but fails to boot. Both computewrs run 1024k flash. I'm, reluctant to force a flash on the good chip I have because I cant reflash a failed attempt and force a reflash on the 8 dip Biostar board I have. Uniflash is supposed to be MCP61P compatable , but balks at this chipset(the ECS MCP61PM=GM) on the Gateway , as well as AWD flash and Afudos on the biostar. If I could flash 1 of my biostar chips ( i have 3 boards) to the working bios , I would try a variety of flashes , as long as I could recover. But [censored] W/O a condom...? Well in this forum you know where you end up. DOA. The ABIT Bios seems to be the real deal , dont know why it failed but I cant reflash without way home. Bill
find
Hi everyone! I have an HP Pavilion m8200n with Windows Vista 32 bit that has this motherboard and I recently installed a brand new AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz (purchased new from newegg in retail box with heat-sink/fan assembly with the 4 pin wire) from the stock AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @3.0 GHZ. Unfortunately after installing it my computer won't boot or anything, not even any beep codes just the fans turn on and that's it.Huh So I ended up reinstalling the dual core and everything is back to normal. After doing some research I found this fantastic website. So my question is, would it be possible to flash this bios and then I could get my quad core to work without any problems. I don't plan on doing any overclocking, I just want my quad core to work without going through an entire adventure and without damaging anything. Or would it just be better to replace the motherboard with one that is compatible? I also heard that I might have problems "IF" I replace the motherboard with a different brand cause HP is tattooed into the motherboard or something in that nature. Sorry for being such a noob but I'm learning more about motherboards everyday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
find
Every time I try to flash to the old bios now (NT2V527.BIN), using the same switches as the first time, it says:
-------------------------------------------------------------
For NF-MCP61-6A61KE11C-19 DATE: 07/16/2008
Flash Type -
File Name to Program : nt2v527.bin

-> The program file's part number <-
-> does not match with your system! <-

-------------------------------------------------------------
How could I make it flash it?
I got the bios from Here and used UniExtractor then WinRAR to get to the bin file.
Thanks.
find
Do you try with the /f -switch?

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
Well I tried adding it, so it went, /py /sn /cc /cd /cp /wb /r /f and it said:
------------------------------------------------------------
For NF-MCP61-6A61KE11C-19 DATE: 07/16/2008
Flash Type - PMC Pm49FL004T LPC/FWH

File Name to Program : nt2v527.bin

So I tried doing just /cc /cd /cp /r /f, it said do you want to back up, even tho I didn't really care, I hit yes, then after entering in a file name it's now stuck at:
Now Backup System File to Bios !
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░

Should I try using different flags?
Also, is it ok to shut it down with that message up?
Thanks.
EDIT: Shut it down, and seems like nothing changed, the only reason I'm trying to put the old bios back also, is that I got a new motherboard for my main computer, so I'm putting this one back in the OEM case to make it a 2nd computer.
Since flashing originally, when the fans plugged in, it was very very loud, then after a minute it started making screeching sounds, so I want to go back to the original bios so this doesn't happen again.
Is it possible that this could have damaged/ruined the fan also?
If I buy a new case fan for it that's ok running at full speed would this work? Or is it over volting it too much even for that.
Sorry for all the questions, Thanks Again.
find
Hey guys,

I have been quite busy putting up our new site FAQ, but I will answer both of your questions in depth ASAP.

TheWiz
www find
Hello all, any help would be appreciated as I'm afraid I royally screwed things up. Some backstory:

My computer is an HP m8300f with the Nettle2 board. Installed a new graphics card earlier today (HD 5670) to replace the onboard gpu. Started getting some clacking noises from the gpu, googled it and turned up some results suggesting a bios update might fix it. That led to here, and so I installed the bios in the OP as per the instructions hoping that might magically fix it.

The clacking was still there, but now the fans were also much louder than they were on the stock bios (this was with fan set to auto). I decided I would just reflash back to the original bios since I wasn't doing any cpu overclocking anyway, and assuming that this was okay to do. For some reason, the usb drive I had used to flash the modified bios wouldn't appear in the boot options, so I used the extracted winflash executable from the HP bios setup. I chose the reflash all option (or similar) and chose the stock bios.

Now when I boot up, it just shows garbled text. Obviously, I messed up. Anything I can do to salvage the situation? Is there any way to reset the bios?

EDIT: update. I reset the CMOS settings as per the HP support website. The bios is still messed up, but it now passes on to operating system! I'm not sure if I should cut my losses now, since the computer is essentially functioning or continue trying to fix the bios. Any suggestions on how to do that would be appreciated.
EDIT2: this is the update all option I selected in winflash when I tried to go back to the manufacturer bios (http://i.imgur.com/8ECe0.png). Clicking it selected all the boxes above it. The fan settings currently seem to be from the default bios (ie. not loud).
find
Hi edrap,

I have the same GPU in this mobo with the ABIT BIOS. It does do the clicking at first, but if you give it about 30 seconds it will properly boot and run the card under the modified BIOS. I get really weary with the HP Winflash, so if you want everything working I'd try re-following the same instructions, clearing your cmos, putting the new card in, and just waiting until it boots (booted up for me after about 30 seconds of clicking). This BIOS unfortunately doesn't have USB boot support, drives me nuts too.

Additionally, you could follow the same procedure using the stock BIOS rom if you want to play it safe.

TheWiz
www find