Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227628
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3) 5.17 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
(01-14-2013, 02:23 PM)Platonfire Wrote: I'm considering trying the adwflash method with the bios on first page, i will say what happen later on..
Okay, so I tried the "awdflash" method with the first page bios and everything seemed to be okay until the reboot ( yeah this is the crutial moment... ) so now only a nice black screen, no beep at all, and when I try to power off sometimes the Cpu fan stops and sometimes it goes "faster".
I tried a cmos reset ( with the jumper under the RAM )
I tried the integrated graphic device ( after pulling out the pci-e card )
So I think ( yeah I'm a genius Smile that he mobo is dead ( 5 year old or so, wasn't bad at all )

the MB spec : HP MCP61PM-HM rev 2.2 ( product of china is written between the pci ports )
south-bridge rev was A2
before flashing I had the 5.29 bios
CPU : Phenom X3 8600 (toliman )
3gb ddr2 ram
I'm not too sad about it, i just wanted to take a look at the bios oc/option and maybe check if a cpu upgrade was possible while waiting for a new MB ( yeah DDR2 might be a bit out of date nowadays ;p )

Maybe someone with bios chip wants to take the MB if so PM, maybe we can get something out of it.

I have no idea what could be wrong in what I've done, maybe someone has an answer and if so I'd be glad to hear about it....
find
quote
Hi. I am a first timer on your site. Been reading lots of your posts and I am convinced you know what you are talking about lol. I have the ECS Nettle 3 MCP61PM-HM mobo and of course it has the stock HP BIOS on it and its just god awful. I updated it to v5.29. I was wondering if these are compatible with my motherboard and version of BIOS so I can finally OC this OEM computer. Its the HP Media Center m8400f if that helps any. Will wait for your reply. Please let me know if you need anything else from me Smile
find
quote
Hi Strongweak,

This computer has the Nettle3 motherboard and will most certainly work with this mod. Please follow the latest instructions on the first post f the thread for details on how to install.

Regards,
TheWiz
www find
quote
Will this bios work on my MB it came from a Gateway pc. It had a sticker covering the original PN of MCP61PM-HM rev 2.1 with MCP61PM-GM ver 2.1 Im assuming the -HM is Hp MB and the -GM is for the Gateway MB. From what i can tell is made by ECS.
find
quote
People need to remember that you need to look up the compatible cpu's for the bios mod that you are using or add your own cpu id to it.
find
quote
nevermind this post
find
quote
I flashed the M801W_10.BIN and now all I get is a black screen, my fans are on and when I push and hold the power button my fans spin up to max.

I noticed that when I boot up the CD-Drive spins up, could the BIOS be looking for a disk based recovery? I have a floppy plugged in, but the light never comes on; then I have a USB with the BIOS on it, but to no avail.

So, is Abit NF-M2PV (M801W_10.BIN) Award, AMI, or Phoenix? In the manual it says Phoenix -Award.
find
quote
I just flashed the new M801W_10.BIN

I get the same issue as SirOcelot.

V2.2 Board

Is there any sort of way to recover this?
find
quote
(04-27-2013, 04:26 AM)lightbulb41 Wrote: I just flashed the new M801W_10.BIN

I get the same issue as SirOcelot.

V2.2 Board

Is there any sort of way to recover this?

After two nights of solid research and every known recovery method, I have resulted to calling around to my local PC repair shops to see if they have a EEPROM flasher, and how much to flash it.

What's weird is I followed the method on the front page to the T and this is the result.
find
quote
Hello, this is my 1st post at this site, so with any help from you i would be thankfull!
Have a Nettle3 to try to flash for OC options, did this [http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...727#pid727] and now... Bumm! Hello black screen, only fans working...
Read a lot to try to make no mistake, the awdflash seemed to perform 100% but now it seems i have a dead MCP61PM-HM.
Some specs: Phenom X3 8550; 4x512MB DDR2 (KVR533); bios 5.29; Win8 x64.
Did it even tolerating the fact that might have bad result but hopping to correct using the linux live cd recovery described, but forgot that i might not be able to boot it...
So can you advise about best options, for instance, where to get the right chip already moded (if possible) or e standard one, or hardware to reflash (and howto's)?
Thanks in advance!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)