Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424466
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224536
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309726
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

HP Probook 5330m clean bios image request
#1
Hi,

I hope someone could help my old workhorse, HP Probook 5330m. (TL;DR need a new clean bios file)

Problem started with a brainless idea to move away from windows 8 into 10 and resulted into fiasco with corrupted bios file and password locked unbootable computer. 

About seven years back, I thought that the projects that I was working on required more security and as a result bios has password and more restricting security setting was set up.

Sadly HP was not overly co-operative and their recommended way to help, was to sell me a new motherboard with the bios-chip.

So, Now I have an bios with admin password and in an boot protected mode. I can access hard drive's Windows 8 on another computer, but I don't think it has a lot usability until I get the bios to boot. (Current BIOS is 68SFF ver. F.28)

Next thing I would like to try is to replace or reprogram bios chip.
I can desolder the chip in our hacklab and take it to my friend to be read and written. As I have no original bios file and no knowledge of which regions bios stores it's password and local settings, so putting it back would be more that crapshoot without some help. And in top of that, I have suspicion that the bios file may not have it's integrity anymore.

I have read something about bios images in these models are encrypted or at least signed or partitioned in a way that makes then unusable in their distributed form before or after being unzipped. So, any pointers on how to turn original bios upgrade into burnable image would be more that appreciated.

Any help will be appreciated.
find
quote
#2
Ok, so now I have image dumped from the chip. it's size is 8 Mb.  PM me, if you like to take a look at the image.
Looks that the data from bios file has beginning at the and end tags visible on the bios image dump and is stored from 0x00500000 to 0x007FFFFF. 
(that makes exactly 314 5727 bytes)

I do wonder does direct writing to chip bypass the signature all together or should it be written into somewhere?
And are all images equal or are these rescue drives different than these normal upgrades images?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)