Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424233
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223943
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119113
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

[Help] Core i5 560m with Lenovo Y550P
#1
Hi folks. I have Lenovo y550p with i3-350m. Intel HM55 chipset and Insyde bios.
I upgraded my cpu to i7 740QM with no problem.
But it was heating, under 4 core load it was throttle, plus my fan doesn't stop all day, hated it.
I sold i7 i740QM and buy second hand i5 560m.
BUT
When i install i5 560m to my laptop, there is no luck.. Fan is spining for 2 seconds and fan stops, also screen doesn't show anything, complete black. And stays that way..  Long pressed power button and finally i could turn that f*** laptop off. I tried but never worked.. Never find a solution on the internet.


I think the problem is BIOS. (microcode or whatever it is ??)

I'm using latest bios; 1ECN33WW (V5.07x64)
NOTE: I'm using  "whitelisted" modded version of this bios. Because i'm using new wifi card Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth.



Here is the link for my bios; http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/BlhW71sF/file.html


Note; It contains folders. Original 32 bits, 64 bits and Modded 32 bits, 64 bits.  I'm using modded -whitelisted- x64 please use that.


Please help i have to do this.. I searched a lot but couldn't find anything and don't know how...
This laptop from 2010 and there was different models.. i3-3xx, i5-4xx, i5-7xx. I could efford for i3..
i5-5xx models never sold i thing this is reason why it doesnt support from ist bios??
Chipset and cpu socket is fine, it should be working with i5 560m?



My mother language is not English but if you make it so far, thanks for reading.. Smile
find
quote
#2
Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults.
find
quote
#3
Thank you for quick response.
I can't go to bios because i never see the screen.. Doesn't boot at all.. F2 doesnt work.
I think i5-5xx Cpu (i560m) dosn't recognize by bios...(?)
find
quote
#4
This BIOS hasn't support for Arrandale core with stepping K0 (CPUID=0x020655).
find
quote
#5
(03-07-2017, 12:35 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: This BIOS hasn't support for Arrandale core with stepping K0 (CPUID=0x020655).

Bad news Sad
But HM55 chipset supports it...(?)
Isn't there any way to add this support to my bios?
find
quote
#6
I can try but without guaranties.
find
quote
#7
(03-07-2017, 12:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I can try but without guaranties.

If there is hope, i can try it.
If it doesn't work, my bios and my laptop dies forever?? Or i can recover to my orijinal bios somehow? Without booting to windows.. If yes, can try it. But i cant risk if my laptop could die in vain Smile
find
quote
#8
In bad case you can boot with any i7-xx0QM and reflash native BIOS.
find
quote
#9
(03-07-2017, 01:05 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: In bad case you can boot with any i7-xx0QM and reflash native BIOS.

Oh yes if it is, no problem. I can definitely try it!
Note: I sold my i7 740QM. Now i'm using my good old i3-350m and thats ok too.  I'm waiting  Angel

Please don't forget to use modded -wwan whitelisted- one.


I'm asking so much but... I have another bios that has Unloced menus.
If you can, it would be nice to have  Wwan whitelisted + unlocked menus bios. And +560m support of course.


And last thing; i wanna donate you guys. There is way to donate without paypal? we cant use paypal since last year. Country; Turkey. F***!!
find
quote
#10
I almost forget. As i said, if you can add, unlocked menus bios is here;
http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/4LQztg5H/file.html
(it has only unlocked menus. dont have wwan whitelist or dont have i5 560m support...)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)