Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424209
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223918
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169171
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61124

Help with upgrading Dell Vostro 200 to Xeon X5272
#1
Hello all, I'm new to this so I'm really inexperienced. I have an old Dell Vostro 200 at home (currently with Core2 Duo E8400) that I want to upgrade to a dual core Xeon X5272 so that it can run as a 64 bit system. Can someone guide me through modding the bios and installing the modded bios on the computer? Thanks!

Bios Link: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/...Id=R199863
find
quote
#2
Tell sSpec of your Xeon X5272.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with your Xeon.
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
find
quote
#3
sSpec: SLANH

When I try to boot with the Xeon, the system fans remain on high and the system beeps repeatedly beeppausebeeppausebeep... ,which apparently indicates Motherboard failure. It booted fine when I put the C2D back in.
find
quote
#4
It's attached to this post.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#5
Your motherboard is based on G33 without support for FSB=1600 Mhz.
So you can't use your Xeon X5272 with this motherboard.
find
quote
#6
Thanks. I guess I didn't do my research well enough on this. Do you think that there would be any problem with an X5260 or X5270 with 1333MHz FSB?
find
quote
#7
I think it's senseless. Your current E8400 is almost the same with Xeon E5240.
BTW: E8400 supports "64 bit system".
find
quote
#8
I've been an idiot this whole time Big Grin  I just assumed that because it was running 32 bit Windows that the C2D wasn't 64-bit capable. Thank you so much for all of your help!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)