Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424209
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223918
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169171
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61124

How to try it safely?
#1
Hi,

I'm interested (and have been for awhile) in getting an 11n WIFI card (TPLink WN861N, as it turns out) working in my HP/Compaq TC1100, for awhile, and I found that there was a modded BIOS here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...-Whitelist

The thing is, the TC1100s are kind of old, and getting harder to come by, so I really don't want to brick mine (ok, ok, stupid thing to say - who DOES want to brick their stuff, right Smile?), so I was wondering what you all, who are way more experienced with this, would consider to be steps to try to minimize the chance of that?

I'm thinking that, as a first step, I should first try to see if the Phoenix Crisis thing works with the TC1100, i.e., try to do a crisis flash with an original HP firmware and find out whether that works or not.

Assuming that that DOESN'T work (i.e., no crisis flash), what other things can I do before actually trying flashing with the modded .WPH file?

Or, is it then going to be an "all or nothing" situation?

Finally, one really (probably) dumb question: That modded BIOS was apparently based on an already modded BIOS, which was modded to include "SLIC 2.1". What is that "SLIC 2.1", and why do I want it/need it (FYI, I'm still running the original Windows XP Tablet Edition on my TC1100).

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions.... I'm sure I'll have more before this is all over Smile!!

Later,
Jim
find
quote
#2
If your runnig xp you dont need slic 2.1. Google it for more info as we cannot tell!

Theres really isnt a safe way except to make a request , take the risks and see what happens. I wont be held responsible if you brick your machine and you flash all our mods at your own risk!

Regards

Admin
find
quote
#3
(02-12-2010, 04:38 AM)1234s282 Wrote: If your runnig xp you dont need slic 2.1. Google it for more info as we cannot tell!

Theres really isnt a safe way except to make a request , take the risks and see what happens. I wont be held responsible if you brick your machine and you flash all our mods at your own risk!

Regards

Admin

1234s282,

Thanks.

Understood about the risk...

If the crisis recovery flash does work on the TC1100, and if the flash with the modded bios messed up the machine, am I right that doing the crisis recovery flash would bring the machine back alive?

Thanks again,
Jim
find
quote
#4
You are right in assuming the Crisis Recovery disc MIGHT bring the machine back , if it doesnt and your bios chip is removable from the motherboard , you can ship it to us and we can reprogram for $15 plus shipping both ways . This service will be available as soon as we receive our programmers

Regards
Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)