Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221475
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118779
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6588
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 195
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61632
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 377
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20021
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168665
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6059
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 597
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5547
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60833
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274733
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 712
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24685
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694420
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174292

[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 (29CNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
#1
I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z560
BIOS: 29CN40WW v2.17

Latest available from Lenovo is 2.15 (29CN38WW)

I was able to access the Advanced settings tab once, but after a reboot, I can no longer get back to it. I take it you can only get in it once, and then it read/write-locks itself?

My main reason for getting back in there, is to reenable my Express Card slot, and to change my RAM bus speed from 1066 to the full 1333 (which is what my RAM is, and what the board supports).

Im stumped as to how I even got in to the Advanced tab to begin with!

Here is the link to the latest available BIOS update from Lenovo:
http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Dri...15_X64.exe

If there is a way to pull my v2.17 BIOS, and work with that, let me know. I just cant afford to brick this laptop, I need it working.

I will gladly donate if someone can help me out.
find
quote
#2
(11-30-2012, 05:01 PM)chevycam94 Wrote: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z560
BIOS: 29CN40WW v2.17

Latest available from Lenovo is 2.15 (29CN38WW)

I was able to access the Advanced settings tab once, but after a reboot, I can no longer get back to it. I take it you can only get in it once, and then it read/write-locks itself?

My main reason for getting back in there, is to reenable my Express Card slot, and to change my RAM bus speed from 1066 to the full 1333 (which is what my RAM is, and what the board supports).



I just modified that particular bios on someone's request, seems to work fine, here some pics:

http://i.imgur.com/2AOu8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ILy05.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SXrfX.jpg

(Thanks @chrishelms at MDL for testing and pics).



You can grab the BIOS here: http://goo.gl/rLpQa


(11-30-2012, 05:01 PM)chevycam94 Wrote: I will gladly donate if someone can help me out.

Donations are always welcome Smile -> http://goo.gl/z2ics


Remember, there are probably some options which won't work for your system... so don't change anything you're not certain about, it might mess up things. E.g. disabling the iGP can cause issues depending on the hardware implementation.
find
quote
#3
(12-05-2012, 07:48 AM)svl7 Wrote:
(11-30-2012, 05:01 PM)chevycam94 Wrote: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z560
BIOS: 29CN40WW v2.17

Latest available from Lenovo is 2.15 (29CN38WW)

I was able to access the Advanced settings tab once, but after a reboot, I can no longer get back to it. I take it you can only get in it once, and then it read/write-locks itself?

My main reason for getting back in there, is to reenable my Express Card slot, and to change my RAM bus speed from 1066 to the full 1333 (which is what my RAM is, and what the board supports).



I just modified that particular bios on someone's request, seems to work fine, here some pics:

http://i.imgur.com/2AOu8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ILy05.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SXrfX.jpg

(Thanks @chrishelms at MDL for testing and pics).



You can grab the BIOS here: http://goo.gl/rLpQa


(11-30-2012, 05:01 PM)chevycam94 Wrote: I will gladly donate if someone can help me out.

Donations are always welcome Smile -> http://goo.gl/z2ics


Remember, there are probably some options which won't work for your system... so don't change anything you're not certain about, it might mess up things. E.g. disabling the iGP can cause issues depending on the hardware implementation.

I will certainly check it out. Now your file is the modified 29CN40WW not 29CN38WW, right?

Also, if I mess something up, and before you bash me, yes, I DID read quite a bit on this site about it, whats the best way to get my BIOS back to stock (even if its the 38WW version). Would that be to pull the system battery, wait, and put it back in, and reflash on first boot?
find
quote
#4
Doesnt work. The InsydeFlash utility found the newer version of the BIOS on my computer, and wont allow me to go to the lower (modified) version
find
quote
#5
OK, after quite a bit of gut-wrenching testing, I managed to pull the stock BIOS from my laptop. Its not available anywhere that I can find (at all), so here it is.

This is version 29CN40WW pulled from a Lenovo IdeaPad Z560
http://d-h.st/PsX

See what you can do with this one.

Mods, if there is a way to upload this to be in the BIOS list availble on this site, let me know.
find
quote
#6
(12-15-2012, 02:49 AM)chevycam94 Wrote: OK, after quite a bit of gut-wrenching testing, I managed to pull the stock BIOS from my laptop. Its not available anywhere that I can find (at all), so here it is.

This is version 29CN40WW pulled from a Lenovo IdeaPad Z560
http://d-h.st/PsX

See what you can do with this one.

Mods, if there is a way to upload this to be in the BIOS list availble on this site, let me know.

(12-15-2012, 02:49 AM)chevycam94 Wrote: OK, after quite a bit of gut-wrenching testing, I managed to pull the stock BIOS from my laptop. Its not available anywhere that I can find (at all), so here it is.

This is version 29CN40WW pulled from a Lenovo IdeaPad Z560
http://d-h.st/PsX

See what you can do with this one.

Mods, if there is a way to upload this to be in the BIOS list availble on this site, let me know.

Hey I made some adjustments to the 29CN38WW(v2.15) version of the bios so that u can be able to downgrade ur bios easily without any errors or error messages. I had 29CN39WW(v2.16) version and it used to show those messages and would not allow me to downgrade until i made a few changes to the older version and its working just fine. I am able to access advanced settings tab now.

Here is the link to the modified downgradable 29CN38WW(v2.15) version
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uqbue0...ttings.rar
find
quote
#7
so would plz if you dont mind tell me how to flash .bin BIOS or even how to convert it to .ROM??
thanx in advance
find
quote
#8
I know this Lenovo Z560 is old but its still my daily driver for games like minecraft etc. I have bios version 29CN39WW (V1.16) and i would like to upgrade to version 29CN40WW with the ability to edit the advanced settings like the fan speed etc. Please help me as I really want to decrease the fan speed.  Smile
Thanks in advance
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)