Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424325
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 260
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 289
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224231
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309643
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169222
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6313
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 807
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61168

Lenovo M93 Tiny - I3 4160T support
#11
(03-22-2020, 12:58 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:35 PM)gingerben Wrote: Do you think if I change my model number to 10A4S00R0D when I update the BIOS this would maybe help?
Will not help.

I will swap the CPU for another 4160T and try again. I will update the thread once I know if the first was faulty.

Thanks again for your help.
find
quote
#12
I tried another 4160T and it wouldn't work like the first. So I guess the problem lies with the BIOS not supporting them.
find
quote
#13
I don't think so.
find
quote
#14
(03-26-2020, 01:43 AM)gingerben Wrote: I tried another 4160T and it wouldn't work like the first. So I guess the problem lies with the BIOS not supporting them.

I have the same issue. I have a G3220T by default in my M93 tiny.
Purchased a i5-4590T from ebay. The seller says that was tested and working.

When I start my m93, the fan spins but doesnt boot. Seems that is not supported. However is present in cpu upgrade list.
find
quote
#15
So I have no more ideas.
find
quote
#16
(04-06-2020, 08:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: So I have no more ideas.

I do have the idea, just have no experience in updating microcode.
Lenovo says that E32, M73p, M83, M93, M93p, E93, P300 bioses are the same. (lots of people might be interested. )
https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds035753
After visually inspecting M73 board is exactly the same, like above boards IS8XT v1.1
By this list, cpu in question should be supported but for some reason Lenovo doesnt want us to mess around: https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkC...062014.pdf
which in my language means that cpu is supported in certain model numbers.


I found a thread regarding bios whitelist removal which might be helpful guide to update the microcode:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-C...ios?page=4
find
quote
#17
Updating microcode will not help in your case.
find
quote
#18
yes?...could you please tell me what is supporting what are you saying?
find
quote
#19
It's not BIOS problem. Current BIOS has support for this CPU.
find
quote
#20
(04-06-2020, 10:58 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: It's not BIOS problem. Current BIOS has support for this CPU.

Thats a speculation of yours. However, a whitelist for cpu could be quite possible.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)