Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
Yesterday 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31787
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 57965
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
Yesterday 11:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 890
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Yesterday 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661904
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 173
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55290
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 155
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 136
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69764
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1373
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70711
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11193
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 37088
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1731
» Views: 546006
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10874
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 591
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4283

Lenovo g710 bricked, be alive again, but...
This is a split BIOS, you cannot write one BIOS only, you must write both chips at once, from a 6MB BIOS file split into 4MB+2MB. So this is why your writing of one BIOS is not fixing things, in whatever you were trying.

Whatever software version you used for CH341A dump of 4MB chip didn't work (blank dump FF/00). However, since you said you flashed this, please clarify, did you flash this chip with software flasher or by programmer? If by programmer, then all is lost and that may be a valid blank dump, if programmer erased but then incorrect version used so write didn't happen as expected. If you used software flashing you meant, then you need to dump this BIOS again for me with all CH341A versions until you find version that works correctly for that chip ID

What does "Microwire" dump mean? That one also blank as mentioned above.

2MB dump looks OK, so no need to redo that one.

Universal BIOS backup Toolkit dump is OK, however, you now need to get a similar dump from programmer. Check by hex, not hex-compare because it wont be exact match due to checksum and time/date changes, but make sure it's not all FF or 00 before you send me, I don't need anymore FF or 00 blank files. You need to get this similar dump via CH341A so you can find correct software version that works, so you can properly write back any good BIOS I send you back, otherwise if you don't do this then you'll only be writing in FF or 00 blank file even though it looks like you're not. Hope you get what I mean.

If all versions give you 00/FF files, then redo connection, maybe loose, recheck all connected correctly etc

You may also need to use ASProgrammer 1.40 - https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash/releases/
Go to IC, Select the correct brand, then ID (or click Read ID, then pick correct one)
Then read the chip, and if you see data (not FF or 00) then save, then click unprotect and your done. Send me that file.
Do this anyway, even if you get CH341A software to give you a valid file, this way you are unlocking any protected bits.
find
Hello Lost_N_BIOS,
Thank you very much for your answer.
Unfortunately I really do not know well what to do with BIOS Mods or rescue. It is a difficult and complicated topic for me.
Please forgive my missing knowledge on that.
I had written, like described already at the very beginning of the thread, only after a stopped Bios Flash (was at 65% for a day, after switched off it was full dead, only black screen, no boot)
and i searched just one way to revive the dead Lappie (and bought my first two programmers, --ch341a and ezp2019 without any knowledge of it---it seems the ezp2019 is a lot quicker and
autovoltage --1.8/3.3V).
After flashing of the main chip (only this one, without the small one) the laptop worked again (but with other SN),
otherwise the pictures of the running system would not have been possible with the BIOS screen.
After that i searched a way here to geht right sn back in the new written (with ch341a, not with soft) bios again.
Microwire is only just another programming tool (you asked for that).
Which version of the CH341a or EZP2019 programmer software would you recommend and wich Programmer is better of that two?
There are so many Sofware Versions on the net, just download the latest SoftVersion and if yes where best to download?
Thanks a lot for your patience.
grettings
bighope
find
Sorry it took so long with the file.
The clip to fix on the chip has no hold the right way (i think its very cheap material, it slipped every time from the chip or has no contact.
At the beginning bevor a few days it was a lot better) and I needed a lot of tries to get the files.
Hope everything is ok so far.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/62x0ah
Thank you very much for your help, please let me know if you have any questions or if you need anything else.
Greetings
bighope
find
Here is all versions of software for CH341A, aside from ASProgrammer 1.4 which I linked above for you
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5007472602

No preference from me about which programmer or software you use, only that we need to get a valid dump via programmer.

From the latest files you sent, looks like ASProgrammer dump is OK! So we can use that, give me some time I will make you new BIOS to program to both chips
find
(05-19-2019, 02:34 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Here is all versions of software for CH341A, aside from ASProgrammer 1.4 which I linked above for you
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5007472602

No preference from me about which programmer or software you use, only that we need to get a valid dump via programmer.

From the latest files you sent, looks like ASProgrammer dump is OK!  So we can use that, give me some time I will make you new BIOS to program to both chips

Thanks for the programmer files.
Did you need the right SerialNumber again? I think you have it on the pictures (i send to you before).
Didn't you say the 2nd bios was ok?
I am asking because I didn't change anything on that and the laptop is running fine since I flashed the first big chip.
Just with the wrong serial number. Can we leave the 2 Chip as it is or must or better to flash it?
On the pictures you have, you can also see a UUID; if this is correct compared to before, sadly i can't say.
Is there a way to flash the new Bios the normal way over an exe file like original bios?
Then I could assemble (put togehther) the laptop again, because my friend would actually need the laptop again tomorrow/the day after tomorrow.
And it is an horror to get contact over the Clamp because it slipped very easy from the chip and ist very heavy to get contact (to chip identified
over software). First Time (few days) used it was a lot better. I think its worn out a little bit.
find
You're welcome. No, I have the proper serial, thanks and did you notice, it's shown in the BIOS correctly. You've got it inserted into a few places in the BIOS currently. I see one or two that has the other serial/ID but this ID is longer than serial shown in BIOS or on back in battery slot so I think it's not same thing.

131752040348 << WMIC "Serial"
AB20896330 << BIOS and actual serial - See below
^^ See what I mean, these are not same length, and I compared a few other dumps, others serial is correct in same locations as your currently, but this "ID" differs, and this is not shown anywhere on your board stickers, so without "Before" dump I cannot fix this

UUID is correct still, the end of that is your current proper LAN MAC ID, and you said LAN (Ethernet, not Wireless) is still working, correct? If yes, then UUID is correct now

It's best to flash both chips, the BIOS is a single file, split into two parts not evenly, and I planned to update and clean/transfer your settings to new ME FW too, and unlock the FD so you can flash easier from windows or DOS after this and not have to use the programmer anymore unless it bricks.

No, new BIOS will need to be put on with programmer, to both chips. Then after that, yes, you will be able to flash all BIOS later using normal methods or with Intel FPT (suggested, if the BIOS you are flashing is not a stock BIOS exe package)

From what I see now, all is correct, except for maybe the motherboard ID # in the BIOS, which I can fix, but this is not a value you've been looking at or seeing in any software etc, Do you want me to correct this, it's the only thing I see to fix, that I have a correct value to replace what's in their currently >> 69N0B5M23A01 << From your board sticker, current value = >> 90N0B52117U0

Other than that above, nothing else I can correct because we don't have the original info for what was in the original position of whatever gives you the "Serial" from WMIC - which is not actual serial, but some other Lenovo ID

Also, I just noticed, you did not give me image of underneath memory sticks, did you look there and there is no sticker?
find
Hi again,
the right Serial Number is AB20896330 under Akku. Yes and the wmic was as you described an other number (131752040348).
SN Number showed (after flashed the "foreign" bios) in Bios first screen (pic. you have) is AB20860980.
Those are different or am i wrong!?
I have looked again under the RAMs, there is nox sticker. is it unusual that the notebook works after flashing the Chip1 only?
Because everything works fine i can say it till now. (have cloned my friends HDD to an ssd to check; even Activation was ok).
find
That is what I mean, you have correct serial already, this other number pulled by WMIC is not a serial number but rather another type of ID number. I compared your BIOS and several dumps, all have serial like your current proper one, and then all have this other ID of same format/length etc. And you notice, in your images, the other WMIC pull gives this number as IdentifyingNumber not serial. So the "Serial" Pull alone by WMIC is just incorrect

Yes, you are lucky to have been able to flash one chip only, but I do see now the split is at a space, so it may always be OK until the redo the BIOS and it splits in the middle of data next time.

So, I think you are good to go really, after having checked all those details in your BIOS vs few other dumps from people. And since activation is OK too, that means you don't need to change that other board ID number either.
find
Hmm, please excuse me again.
I somehow don't understand exactly.
I wrote that the correct SN was AB20896330 (under Akku)
The one that is after the Flash in the Bios start window is still a
other ( AB20860980 ) and therefore NOT correct serial number!???
Pic you have from it. But you write that would be ok? Am I messing up something?
There are different numbers (apart from the additional wmic query, which is different too again)
Maybe it's my bad English that makes me misunderstand... sorry for that.
How would it go on now?
greetings
bighope
find
Sorry, I don't know what you mean when you say >> under Akku

Correct serial is AB20860980, and it's correctly set in the BIOS at a few locations, where it should be.
So yes, I think we both misunderstand each other now maybe?

This number >> 131752040348 <<< is not a serial number, but some Lenovo ID number
Whatever command given to WMIC that pulls this as serial is incorrect, which you can confirm by BIOS main page showing you the actual and correct serial, as well as the other WMIC command/image you showed me too.
find