Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Yesterday 03:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Yesterday 11:25 AM
» Views: 73
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Yesterday 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69427
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1321
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70432
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11128
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36920
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 544771
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10736
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4224
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 171
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 169
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 164
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 177
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-20-2024 07:24 AM
» Replies: 1973
» Views: 660122
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
04-20-2024 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22224
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
04-20-2024 03:21 AM
» Views: 135
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
04-19-2024 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22955

Lenovo g710 bricked, be alive again, but...
(05-21-2019, 11:06 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Sorry, I don't know what you mean when you say >> under Akku

Correct serial is AB20860980, and it's correctly set in the BIOS at a few locations, where it should be.
So yes, I think we both misunderstand each other now maybe?

This number >> 131752040348 <<< is not a serial number, but some Lenovo ID number
Whatever command given to WMIC that pulls this as serial is incorrect, which you can confirm by BIOS main page showing you the actual and correct serial, as well as the other WMIC command/image you showed me too.

Hi again,

i try to explain.
"Under Akku" means "under the battery" on back side. when i take the Batterie out ther are the SN Number,
Volt data for the battery and a lot more other informations. You have that picture from me a few days before.
This SN Number (the right one) is ==>>AB20896330, NOT AB20860980 (like now after flashing a bios *.bin from an other
person/Laptop I flashed). that the wmic issue was different again I saw of course also but think is not so relevant, is it? I know It is not the SN.
Here are two pics attached to explain, a picture says more than a thousand words ;-)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1xkdcc
find
Ohh, OK, thanks for telling me what Akku means Big Grin Yes, I know about that serial. BUT!!!! Sorry, I didn't notice until just now you mentioned it's off by some digits, every time I saw it I thought it matched so didn't think anything more about it. Very sorry I missed that!!

When you kept mentioning, I thought you were talking about this ABxxx serial vs the 131752040348 one, I didn't notice there was a problem at the ABxxx serial! Sad until you mention now!

We can fix that, sorry I've missed this all along! It's same location as I mentioned. So, if you want I can send you your original dumped BIOS with corrected ABxxx serial and corrected board ID - I think that is all we need to do here, I can't believe I was seeing that ABxxx number as correct every time I looked at it! Big Grin This sound good, and correct to you?
find
Hello again,
None of that's a problem. We are all humans, only the positive end result counts. ;-)
Would you please change this for me as soon as possible if you can and as you describe the changes (SN and MB ID -- hmm, what is the MB ID?
was it on sticker pics i sended?)?
Excuse the question again.
Do I have to flash the untouched 2nd Bioschip (the smaller one with 2MB) now also additionally or is it enough to flash the big one with 4MB?
It is important to me that everything is correct and runs perfectly, because it is not my own PC.
Unfortunately the friend also lives a good distance away. Therefore it would be nice if everything works good an flawlessly.
Thank you very much so far, till tomorrow please.
find
Hello Lost_N_BIOS,
i really don't want to be impatient and would just ask if you could work on the files for me?
Thanks for your effort.
find
Sorry, I only check new posts each day, so sometimes threads get lost to me. And of course, sometimes I am behind and can't get to a thread when I see a new post, then next day I check new posts and it's lost to me too then.

Yes, MB ID is on a sticker on the board. No, you do not have to flash the other chip, but as I mentioned previously it's best to rebuild a single image, update the ME FW, and then split it and reflash both.

Changes start at 200B8 in the first padding file when BIOS opened with UEFITool, this file must be extracted and edited, then reinserted.
UUID is first, in BIOS format >> 0031DEC10DCDE3812C0C202564932369
MAC Address is next
Then Lenovo ID, the 131 number incorrectly given at some WMIC command as serial, other given correctly at IdentifyingNumber
Next is board ID number I mentioned is incorrect >> 90N0B52117U0 >> You're correct >> 69N0B5M23A01

Incorrect serial is in block little below the above block @ 20800, it's in this block/area twice, once at top and once at bottom, you will notice it easily
Here is fixed BIOS, sorry for delays!

If you want BIOS with updated ME, CPU microcodes, and rebuilt as single BIOS then split to put on both chips let me know, otherwise you can use this alone and should be fine
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...4876155150
find
(05-29-2019, 06:46 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Sorry, I only check new posts each day, so sometimes threads get lost to me.  And of course, sometimes I am behind and can't get to a thread when I see a new post, then next day I check new posts and it's lost to me too then.

Yes, MB ID is on a sticker on the board.  No, you do not have to flash the other chip, but as I mentioned previously it's best to rebuild a single image, update the ME FW, and then split it and reflash both.

Changes start at 200B8 in the first padding file when BIOS opened with UEFITool, this file must be extracted and edited, then reinserted.
UUID is first, in BIOS format >> 0031DEC10DCDE3812C0C202564932369
MAC Address is next
Then Lenovo ID, the 131 number incorrectly given at some WMIC command as serial, other given correctly at IdentifyingNumber
Next is board ID number I mentioned is incorrect >> 90N0B52117U0  >> You're correct >> 69N0B5M23A01

Incorrect serial is in block little below the above block @ 20800, it's in this block/area twice, once at top and once at bottom, you will notice it easily
Here is fixed BIOS, sorry for delays!

If you want BIOS with updated ME, CPU microcodes, and rebuilt as single BIOS then split to put on both chips let me know, otherwise you can use this alone and should be fine
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...4876155150

Oh, that's very nice of you.
Thank you for your suggestion with that file togehter (as---one file).
Please send me this one file also as you suggested (with changed MB ID, SN, etc.)
Thank you very much for your effort.
find
Hmm, ... ??
I think if I interpret that right, the SN in the file you sent me is the wrong SN again?
In 2 places (via a hex tool) I find the AB20860980, the wrong SN.
At Offset 00020830 and 00020900. Both are the wrong SN.
Please read thread 25 again in ascending order, it's clearly written inside and following threads.
Also the correct SN (AB20896330) is under the battery where I sent a picture.
please check this again before you send a complete bios so that the numbers are correct.
If possible also the MB ID and what you recommended to change in your last
thread (29) at the end to me and the last file again you sended but with correct SN.
like here as you wrote  that thing with one Biosfile to flash normaly (without Programmer?)
"If you want BIOS with updated ME, CPU microcodes, and rebuilt as single BIOS then split to put on both chips let me know,
otherwise you can use this alone and should be fine"
Thank you very much.
find
File as a whole cannot be used by you, unless you know how to edit BIOS, or only after we've tried flashing mod BIOS with stock tool and then gone around it's restrictions (that's a process we'd have to do). It's only used in order to build a regular full BIOS and update the ME/FD ect part on the other chip, it would be split in two again before I sent back to you. It can't be flashed in normally without unlocking/modifying other parts of the BIOS or the stock flashing tool "InsydeFlash" (since it will not be "Stock" BIOS anymore), but that is how the file is used by the stock process. You have flash programmer, so no need of editing the BIOS to get around these locks, or editing the stock flash tool to allow you to flash the full single file. See, here is the stock exe BIOS package extracted, it uses a 6MB BIOS , which I extracted from the even larger .FD File you see there. This contains driver image, EC image, INI image, BIOS image & BIOS Certificate (Signature)
[Image: WyLKKnJ.png]

If you want updated ME FW and unlocked FD to put on the other BIOS chip (2MB) let me know, I will compile BIOS into single and update this for you, then split and send you the other 2MB file to program into the chip.

I know AB20896330 is the correct serial number per your previous and current comments, that is the serial I placed in the last BIOS I just sent to you
Sorry, I see what you mean, I was in a hurry when I sent that to you the other day, I must have copied the incorrect one from my notes!

I checked and already did correct the MB ID # to the correct value.
Here is BIOS with corrected SN, sorry I missed that on previous edit!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...3941361279

And here, to save us any time back-n-forth again, here is package with Updated ME FW, FD unlocked, and BIOS Lock disabled.
This contains the single 6MB Image, and split 2MB and 4MB files to put on each respective BIOS chip.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...6077532457

The single file can only be used if we go through the process of finding which error you get when trying to flash with InsydeFlash tool and then I edit it to avoid that error. Since you have a programmer none of that is necessary for us here.
find
Hello again Lost-N-BIOS,
thanks a lot for your quick response and the files.
I have just loaded out of my interest this with a HexEditor and saw the changed Bios/SN.
I have a question to it.
Why the area is marked yellow exactly in the changed area? Do I move the mouse pointer over it (please see picture attached),

you see the old wrong SN popping up everytime i move the cousor over the yellow range.
Is that somehow relevant?

Because I don't really know about bios programming (but I like to learn more everytime)
I need to ask following what you'd recommend.
Should I go the way 1 with the file to flash the big chip only, or the way 2 where i have to flash both files on both chips?
What are the advantages and what would you choose ( way 1 or 2)?
It's for an older gentleman and friend of mine who needs it to work reliably and standard.

Other some (only) questions just for interest.
Would it have been possible to simply replace the SN in the same place using a HexEditor or is this not so easy because of possible checksums, etc.?
Is it possible after the flash of the modified unlocked bios files (2 pieces / 2 chips) to flash normally if a new standard bios version appears?
or shouldn't this be done afterwards?
A big "thank you" again to you for your help and for me instructive answers.
find
I have no idea what hex editor you are using, or what mode you have it in, or what files are open etc, but that looks like some kind of compare or differences mode and it's showing you differences between that file and some other, or that file and previous etc. Ignore it or open the file in some other hex editor if this concerns you. What you see written in the actual file is the only actual data in that file.

I would flash both chips, so you have updated data on both and the unlocked FD so you can easier flash/recover if need be next time around.

I do not know if changing this data in direct hex w/ complete or dumped chip file would break the BIOS or not, it's not the proper way to do it so I don't suggest that method. IF that's what you meant when you asked about replacing SN

When/if new BIOS shows up for download, install it using the normal process with the exe provided by Lenovo. Do not program on anything you extract from the exe, this will cause you to loose serial, UUID, LAN MAC ID, NVRAM etc all over again. You sent me "Dumped" or "Backed-up" files, which I used to create the files for you to program in, this is not same as what you get in exe BIOS download even after double or triple extractions etc.

You're welcome!!
find