Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317136
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101074
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2524
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40971
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55318
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64132
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6569
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52219
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167225
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 140

Need help unlocking X550JX Aptio bios
Hi!

This is my first post here and it had to be a request Sad I am trying to unlock the hidden settings in the advanced tab of AMI Aptio bios. In my case, I could access the advanced tab in the bios. But except for a few options such as virtualization, etc, I don't see any other advanced options. I tried following instructions in some of the forum posts and so far, this is what I could achieve.

-Saved the bios file using AMIBIOS Aptio firmware update Utility

-Used MMTool (ver 4.5) to extract setup module

-Extracted setup module using Universal IFR tool

After taking a look at the IFR file, I checked the offset where the advanced tab began. There, I could see some settings such as clock speed, AHCI, etc in unscrambled format. Since I am not good at hex editing, I am not able to do anything with the values. Could someone help me with unlocking those settings?

Machine : Asus X550JX (https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X550JX)
Bios    : AMI Aptio X550JX.204 
Bios version : 204

I have attached the .rom file along with the extracted setup and the IFR files. Kindly take a look. Thanks Smile

Attached Files
.zip   X550JX_try.zip (Size: 2.48 MB / Downloads: 35)
find
After a bit of searching, I came across AMIBCP. The tool was a god send! Using the tool, I was able to unlock most, if not all the hidden settings in Advanced, Security and Chipset tabs. I was able to flash the edited bios without any problems using Afuwin64. But when I check the bios, I don't see the Chipset tab. I had set everything to "user" in "Access" column of AMIBCP. Does this take some old school hex editing? If so, could someone help?

Edit: In the setup module I extracted, I was able to identify the hex value that enables Chipset tab. I edited the value and save it using HXD. Now when I try to replace the original setup module with the modified one, I am getting the error message "Invalid ffs file". Any ideas?
find
Big Grin 
After spending the whole day trying to unlock my bios, I finally have a fully unlocked bios! Every setting in the advanced and chipset tab are editable in the bios now Smile Thanks to all those nicely put down guides and AMI's well developed tools, I learnt a lot about bios and option roms as well. 

In case if any of you are wondering how I did it, here it is.

-Extract the bios file from the system using AfuWin64
-Use AMIBCP tool to change locked/hidden settings's status to "User"
-Save the work as .rom file
-Using MMTool, extract the file name, "setup"
-Use Universal IFR extractor to look for the menu order (the initial order was 01 01 00 01 01 01) in the setup file you just extracted.
-Open the saved rom file in Phoenix SLI mod tool
-Go to "structure view" option and find the guid, "setup"
-Extract the "PE32 image section" under "compressed section"
-In order to enable the Chipset tab, use hex editor (I used HxD) to edit the extracted file by searching for the sequence (01 01 00 01 01 01) and changing it to (01 01 01 01 01 01). Save the file.
-Replace "PE32" image section under "setup" with the edited file.
-Save the rom file
-Use AfuWin64 to flash the bios file

NB: In the previous post, I mentioned about getting "Invalid ffs file" error when trying to add the hex edited file to the rom using MMTools. The reason seems to be associated with incorrect checksum. This problem was automatically taken care of by the Phoenix SLI mod tool.

If anyone wants the edited file, I have attached them along with this post.
Warning: I take no responsibility if the bios breaks/burns your system! You take sole responsibility. These mods are meant for Asus x550jx (ver. 204) only. Installing it on any other bios versions may result in a hard brick!

There are 2 files in the archive. I have included the original unmodified bios file as well.

X550JX_Untouched - Original unmodified bios file
Safest - Has all the tabs unlocked but with settings in default state. This means some settings are either not displayed or greyed out.
Advanced - Everything except for boot options and security settings are unlocked and editable. Be careful when fiddling it as you might permanently put your system to sleep :/

The mods may close this thread now Smile

Attached Files
.zip   X550JX_Modded.zip (Size: 6.85 MB / Downloads: 210)
find
will this work for my aptio American megatrends bios uefi?

i want t add some options to my cyberpower fangbook 3 one of them being switch FN function.
find
So you  went from making a request to solving your own answer. Could you make a step by step video of the process it took for you to get a successfully unlocked bios? I'm sure it will help a lot of people who wouldn't even know where to begin in doing something like this.
find
thanks for bios look here for setting fan or create profile for this notebook
https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc
find
(01-23-2016, 01:53 PM)(b)ios Wrote: After spending the whole day trying to unlock my bios, I finally have a fully unlocked bios! Every setting in the advanced and chipset tab are editable in the bios now Smile Thanks to all those nicely put down guides and AMI's well developed tools, I learnt a lot about bios and option roms as well. 

-Use Universal IFR extractor to look for the menu order (the initial order was 01 01 00 01 01 01) in the setup file you just extracted.
-In order to enable the Chipset tab, use hex editor (I used HxD) to edit the extracted file by searching for the sequence (01 01 00 01 01 01) and changing it to (01 01 01 01 01 01). Save the file.
-Save the rom file

NB: In the previous post, I mentioned about getting "Invalid ffs file" error when trying to add the hex edited file to the rom using MMTools. The reason seems to be associated with incorrect checksum. This problem was automatically taken care of by the Phoenix SLI mod tool.

Warning: I take no responsibility if the bios breaks/burns your system! You take sole responsibility. These mods are meant for Asus x550jx (ver. 204) only. Installing it on any other bios versions may result in a hard brick!

There are 2 files in the archive. I have included the original unmodified bios file as well.

Safest - Has all the tabs unlocked but with settings in default state. This means some settings are either not displayed or greyed out.
Advanced - Everything except for boot options and security settings are unlocked and editable. Be careful when fiddling it as you might permanently put your system to sleep :/

Friend,
Thank you very much for your amazing job! 
I flashed your advanced driver but it asks for a password to  edit settings. Do you know this password?

Best regards,
RuRa
find
It's been a while since the last reply...but I'll join in the choir and say biiiiig thanks for uploading your modded Bioses. Tried the Safe model and flashing it with the GUI version of AfuWin64...and it worked brilliantly  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I now have access to CPU settings and could disable EIST and C-States which likely have been causing issues with my UAD Apollo Twin USB audio interface.

I was hesitant at first as I'm newbie at BIOS modding but I can share my research and fears in case someone else is hesitant to use your files.
I saw that your files were slightly smaller than the original .204 bios...but as I learned the APTIO container for the flash file does not work with modded bioses and you need to stay with the pure UEFI image....this explained the slight size difference.

As the mobo, built in, Asus EZ flash did not work with modded .rom files without APTIO containers...I was also hesitant to use a windows based flasher as it is said they're more likely to fail due to background O.S. activities and I didn't know if I needed to set any specific Block Options in the AFUWINGUI.exe...but the program defaulted to only set the "Main BIOS Image" flag and I went with this (as also the asus original file did the same) and it sounded fairly safe and a better match in comparison to the other options.

afuwin2
picture hosting
[Image: fkGLpv]

Anyway it worked brilliantly for me.

So once again....Huuuuge thank you!  Smile
find
Is this an Aptio V or IV bios?
find
(07-17-2016, 07:35 PM)RuRa Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 01:53 PM)(b)ios Wrote: After spending the whole day trying to unlock my bios, I finally have a fully unlocked bios! Every setting in the advanced and chipset tab are editable in the bios now Smile Thanks to all those nicely put down guides and AMI's well developed tools, I learnt a lot about bios and option roms as well. 

-Save the rom file

Friend,
Thank you very much for your amazing job! 
I flashed your advanced driver but it asks for a password to  edit settings. Do you know this password?

Best regards,
RuRa

For the 'safest' bios file, you've set up a password for entering the bios setting. What is the password?
find