Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71385
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6602
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22089
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41032
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 105
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317271
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55347
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64140
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52238
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167349
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 244
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 337
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 135

Need modder to unlock oc on rog strix gl10cs
Hey, is that possible to fix it next week probably? since im at other place and i cant do it now
find
No worries! In the meantime, I will check if there are any potential locks that could prevent a flash.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
hey so im back online so. yes i tried the ez flash ulility thing and tried to flash it from an usb driver and both didnt work and the method 2 you said idk what it is
find
Hello Laxris,

I am back from vacation and (still) trying to catch up.

We are going to try AFUDOS this time. It might give us an error, but that will still be useful for our purposes. Please follow the following:

1.) Create a bootable FreeDOS flash drive using Rufus. Please visit this page for information on how to do so: https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/Creating_a_Bootable_DOS_USB_Stick

2.) https://www.ami.com/download/aptio-v-ami-firmware-update-utility/

Download the ZIP file from this page and inside it, go to afu>afudos>AfuDos.zip->afudos. Extract AFUDOS.exe to root (top directory) of the USB flash drive.

3.) Place the modified BIOS image on the root of the USB flash drive.

4.) With the flashdrive still plugged in, restart your computer to enter the BIOS Setup Utility (BIOS menus). In the Boot Menu, instruct your laptop to boot from the USB flashdrive.

5.) Boot into FreeDOS. Run "AFUDOS GL10CSAS311_mod.rom". If you renamed the modified BIOS image to something like "mod.rom" earlier in this process, be sure to enter that same file name here.

6.) Either this will work or it won't. If it does not, then take a picture of the error you get, as this information will guide us on the next step of the process.

Looking forward to a successful result, though fully ready to troubleshoot further if need be!

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
I tried this method when you were gone but i cant boot from my usb. for some reason it only work with windows 10,7 and more install. but i tried with 3 different usb drivers
find
Alright, I figured that might be an issue. This is likely due to the fact that systems are by default set to UEFI Boot and not Legacy BIOS boot mode. I did not see a setting to change this upon quick inspection.

We will try to boot into an EFI environment instead. This should work with UEFI Boot mode.

EDIT: Updated Instructions (8/1/2021)
------------------------------------------------
For the AFUEFI method, please follow the following:
1.) Format a USB Flashdrive as FAT32. This will erase all files on your flashdrive. Follow these instructions: https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/format-usb-flash-drive-in-windows-10.html#part2 BUT DO NOT TICK "QUICK FORMAT" in Step 3. We do not want to do a quick format.

2.) https://github.com/chipsec/chipsec/raw/master/chipsec/modules/tools/secureboot/Shell.efi Download this file. It is a UEFI shell. Create the directory /efi/boot on the flashdrive and then place the Shell.efi file there. Rename it to "bootx64.efi".

2.) https://www.ami.com/download/aptio-v-ami-firmware-update-utility/ Download the ZIP file. It contains AMI Aptio V flashing tools. Within that archive, navigate to afu>afuefi>64>AfuEfi64.zip>AfuEfi64> and extract AfuEfix64.efi to /efi/ on the flashdrive.

3.) Place the modified BIOS image in the /efi/ directory on the flashdrive.

You should now have the following three files on the flashdrive:
/efi/boot/bootx64.efi
/efi/AfuEfix64.efi
/efi/mod.rom*

*Substitute "mod.rom" with the name of the modified BIOS image.

4.) With the flashdrive inserted into a USB port, reboot your computer and enter the BIOS Setup Utility. Set the computer to boot from the USB flashdrive.

5.) Once you boot into the EFI Shell Environment, run the following commands:
fs0:
cd efi
AfuEfix64.efi mod.rom

6.) If you encounter an error, please either take a picture of the error or write down *exactly* what the error is.

www find
still dont wortk sadly. its just keep popping off a black screen for like a seconds and come back to bios
find
Hello Laxris,

I have updated my previous post with more complete and correct instructions. Please follow these again exactly and let me know how it goes.

An error code from AFUEFI or a successful flash are both useful results! Hopefully we can get past this black screen issue.

Just for clarification, you can still normally boot into Windows, right? Do you get the black screen for a few seconds when you boot into Windows or does it just go straight from the BIOS splash screen into the Windows boot screen?

www find
the black screen show off only when im on the bios when trying to open my usb driver
find
Hmm, that's weird. Since USB booting altogether seems to be problematic, let's try flashing from within Windows using AFUWIN.

Within that same Aptio V Firmware Update Utility archive, navigate to afuwin>64>AfuWin64.zip>AfuWin64>. Extract AFUWINx64.EXE to a directory. Open a command prompt and navigate to that directory in command prompt using the 'cd' command. For example, if you extract AFUWINx64.EXE to C:\Afu , the command to get to that directory would be "cd C:\Afu".

Now run "AFUWINx64 mod.rom /GAN". Let me know what error you get, if any. We will get this BIOS mod flashed eventually!

www find