Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424466
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 284
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224534
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309726
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[OFFER] Acer Aspire E5-572G Modded Bios
#21
It is in my topic, post nr. 4: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...-BIOS-1-05
The method and tool i used are recommended by @BDMaster

P.S. My bios chip has written on it the following : AH1439; 25B64BSIG . The problem is that the programmer CH341A, with SOIC8 SOP8 clip, on pressing detect returns an error about "access violation at address 0097EA42" ... I use version CH341A_1.30 .
find
quote
#22
Ok, with some modifications we can use this backup.
I'll just need to append the management engine and the flash descriptor to the backup, but I've done that before already.
I'll look into getting a flashable image ready as soon as possible.

Edit: The autodetection might not work. Please select "GIGADEVICE" as manufacturer and "GD25Q64" as model and then try to read the contents of the chip again.

Edit2: Here's a guide that shows how to read the chip (GD25Q64) with a CH341A programmer: http://forum.x86pad.com/t/guide-how-to-u...-other/926
Pleas try to do it like this and use the software they offer.
However, you shouldn't need the 1.8V adapter.
Someone was able to flash the same chip with the CH341A programmer here, so it should be possible.

Edit3: Here's a specsheet of the BIOS chip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4NHIB...mt1MDI2U3M
find
quote
#23
Ok, I've built a flashable image with your backup as a base, you can find it here.

In case you haven't seen the edits of my previous post, please take a look at those as well.
find
quote
#24
I managed to read the bios (wasn't pulling down the lever of CH341A and so the programmer could not read the chip) and save it . The chip is indeed GIGADEVICE/GD25Q64, and i did see/read the edits and links from post #26 (thank you by the way, they were useful) . As software i used version CH341A_1.30 that you gave me and it worked.
The image that you put in the above post ( #27 ) , i managed to write it, but the laptop is in boot loop .
I will now attach a copy i made with programmer CH341A :
find
quote
#25
Ok, I'll take a look at it later today/tomorrow.
find
quote
#26
OK , thank you very much .
If you downloaded the file i will to delete it ( for saving space ) .

P.S. When i flash/write the image from post #27, the write/verify process goes well ( 100% ) but i get the following error at the end : " the image and chip size are are in disagreement " !
find
quote
#27
I have created two new images you can try: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...dfaGM/view
Please start with the first one. If that works, you don't need to try number two.
In case an image works for you, please also check whether the unique numbers (serial number, etc.) are correctly displayed in the BIOS.

Sorry for the late response, I was quite busy and had to think about this for a while.
Also, I'm not sure why the program shows this message, your backup and the image I gave you are completely identical in size.
To be sure that the flash process worked properly, please dump the chip contents to a file after you have flashed a mod and compare it to the file you flashed (you can use a checksum-calculator for that).
find
quote
#28
Good news, the system works !
First, i want to thank you @mclarke2355 for all your support and time .
Secondly, I have to apologize, because of my incorrect ram mounting - the system was in boot loop, not from insufficient modified BIOS version. More exactly the image from post #26 works perfectly now( once the ram module is installed correctly ), same thing with images from post #31( managed to write them both for testing purpose and they both worked) . I realized that something is wrong when i flashed the two images you provided me in the post above ... i then disassembled all the parts and I carefully reassembled them back .
So the system works , the image from posts #26,31 are good for restore purposes (on my system) and the most important ,BIOS 1.09c runs perfectly stable .
find
quote
#29
I'm glad that you got this problem sorted out and have your notebook back working!

Also, I've already started working on an updated ModBIOS that will have the settings to reduce bricking risk enabled by default.
The basics work fine already and I'm currently just looking into further improvements.
As the available EzH2O tool doesn't work with the BIOS of this notebook (and there's no other tool to do this either), I had to do this the manual way which took quite some time. Some other useful changes will be included as well.
find
quote
#30
Two questions:
Will your (intel based) BIOS also work on my AMD-FX Laptop?
Where did you get the 1.09 BIOS? (Acer offers me only the 1.08)
I've attached the FD file from the newest BIOS update (from Acer), if it should help somehow.
If necessary I could try to make a dump of my BIOS.
The only thing I need to work is the AMD-V option.

Best regards - me


Attached Files
.zip   FRKY108.zip (Size: 2.96 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)