Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2515
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40955
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 313
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55299
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64126
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 139
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167094
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 233
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125403
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317036
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[OFFER] Acer Aspire E5-572G Modded Bios
@AzuraMeta

Hi,

flashing the stock BIOS using the recovery flash method will get your BIOS back to default completely. To see whether you successfully flashed the stock BIOS, you can look at the version number in the BIOS. The ModBIOSes have a character after "1.09" while the stock BIOS has not. If you even have these issues with the default BIOS, the problem has to lie somewhere else.
It could either be a software issue or a hardware component that's causing problems.
First off, you may run some stress test tools to see if you can track down the error some more. Some tools that may be useful: Aida64 (can test various things), OCCT (can test CPU and GPU - uncheck AVX when doing the CPU stress test), Memtest86+ (memory stress test), Prime95 (can test various things, but mainly CPU). There are some guides online in regards to using these tools for error locating.
If you can't find anything that way, testing with a freshly installed OS/another OS might be worth a try.

To keep the notebook from overheating while doing stress tests, you could use some tools that force the fan to max speed (only max speed and auto are selectable - have tested the first two and can say that they are working properly):
1 - https://github.com/jaryn-kubik/AcerFanControl (utility that allows temperature-based fan control, Windows)
2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nx8sq7egpdqly...r.rar?dl=0 (modified Aspire 5750G fan control utility by Acer, modified by Gaboros from Acer forum, Windows)
3 - https://github.com/neduard/acer_5750G_fan_maximiser (fan control script for Linux)

A lot of information in regards to fan control that applies to this notebook can be found in this thread: http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Lapt...light/true

Hope you are able to find the cause of your problems!
find
Hello
I managed to write BIOS version 1.09c successfully but now I have a big problem! After some BIOS settings change the laptop no longer boots, blue power LED stay on continuously and nothing happens. I tried to rewrite the BIOS through the crysis procedure FN + Esc but without success (after Fn+Esc + Power button it starts reading from the USB stick), then the fan spins to maximum and remains so even for 15 minutes, until pressing power button (pressing five seconds ) for shutdown or disconnect the AC adapter .
Any advice would be helpful. I opened the laptop in an attempt to reset the bios but can not locate the BIOS chip or CMOS reset jumper.
Also i fail to find the motherboard scheme for this model Acer Aspire E5-572G, on the motherboard of the laptop is the writes : Z5WAW LA-B702P ( it should be the model number,i think .. )
find
@Wollff

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that.
Which settings did you change and did you apply the recommended settings before that?
Some of the options I recommend can prevent such problems from happening (tested it with some settings) and will redirect you to the BIOS instead if there's a problem.

Specifically these:

Advanced:
ACPI Table/Features Control: TCO WatchDog Support ---> Enabled
ACPI Table/Features Control: WatchDog ACPI Table ---> Enabled
Extended ICC: Use WatchDog Timer For ICC ---> Enabled

Here's a schematic for the motherboard.
You need to short two pins to clear the CMOS on this motherboard, you can find it on page 13 in the schematic with the description "JME1".
I looked for those pins myself at some point, they are beneath the memory modules. So you'll need to take out the memory modules to reach the spot. Hopefully that will be enough to fix the problem.
If it isn't, you'll need to get a chip-flasher and a SOIC8-clip. I have done a chip-flash on this notebook before with a CH341A flasher, so I'd recommend you to get this one (it's rather cheap as well). The type of the BIOS-chip is "cFeon EN25QH64" and it is located near the CPU.
Here's the data sheet of the BIOS-chip.
In that case, you'd need to make a dump of the BIOS-chip with the chip-flasher first. After that you could send it to me and I'd look into creating a BIOS with default settings based on the dump. After flashing it, the notebook should work again.
I'll try to help you in case you don't know how to do it.

Hope you can get your notebook to work again.
find
@mclarke2355
Thank you very much for your help .
Unfortunately I have not been successful to make the laptop boot , but ... what I want to say, is that the modified BIOS is good, the flash operation was easy , and the system booted ok , it was the settings I made (something about memory, selecting an XMP profile 2 since i have a HyperX Impact, 8GB, DDR3, 1600MHz, CL9, 1.35v, 1 stick ) that caused the problem !
Still having trouble visually locating the BIOS-chip (a picture would help) . The CMOS reset did not work (I found two pins - bronze color, beneath memory modules). I will try to buy the necessary tools for rewriting bios . Question ,it is not enough to write a BIOS version from the archive you posted on page 1 (Acer Aspire E5-572G BIOS-ME-EC-FD Collection) ?
And once again thank you for your help .

P.S. Is this good : FLASH CH341A USB to TTL SPI 24 / 25 series ?
find
@Wollff

Oh, that's sad...
Unfortunately I didn't make a photo of the chip location before, but here's a photo of the chip (from the internet).
Looking for the cFeon logo should be the best way, it's the part that is easiest to recognize.
Writing a BIOS from the collection to the chip should work, but you would lose the Mac address of the lan card, Windows key and other numbers that are specific for your notebook (service tag, etc.). Especially the mac adress could cause problems when you want to connect your notebook over ethernet. With the dump of the chip we should be able to preserve these things.
That flasher should be okay. Just be sure to get a SOIC8 clip (example) as well.
find
(02-23-2017, 11:08 AM)PWollff Wrote: @mclarke2355
Thank you very much for your help .
Unfortunately I have not been successful to make the laptop boot , but ... what I want to say, is that the modified BIOS is good, the flash operation was easy , and the system booted ok , it was the settings I made (something about memory, selecting an XMP profile 2 since i have a HyperX Impact, 8GB, DDR3, 1600MHz, CL9, 1.35v, 1 stick ) that caused the problem !
Still having trouble visually locating the BIOS-chip (a picture would help) . The CMOS reset did not work (I found two pins - bronze color, beneath memory modules). I will try to buy the necessary tools for rewriting bios . Question ,it is not enough to write a BIOS version from the archive you posted on page 1 (Acer Aspire E5-572G BIOS-ME-EC-FD Collection) ?
And once again thank you for your help .

P.S. Is this good : FLASH CH341A USB to TTL SPI 24 / 25 series ?
Disconnect Battery, and CMOS battery (if it possible), unplug all RAM modules.
Then do Power Flee by pressing power button 20 secs or so.
Then connect AC, Power on, it will bootloop cos no ram installed.
- in one of the shutdown in-between bootloop , quickly connect CMOS battery connector back in its place. Let it reboot,
- it will shutdown again cos still no ram installed,
- after another shutdown ( still in-between bootloop ) quickly connect/insert 1 ram modules to its placed.
Then after next reboot it should back to life to enter Setup Mode. Then you could load Default Settings and restart or shutdown to connect battery and another ram modules, if you had 2 slots installed.
find
Hello,
@mclarke2355
I managed to buy the necessary stuff and now I need some help (a lot of help actually ) . First, with what program I can edit/read/modify the bios file that I will copy from the chip . Secondly, where exactly in the entire string of bios file are the memory settings Memory Overclocking / DIMM Profile (XMP) ; Memori\y Reference Clock ; Memory Ratio ; because these were changed . So the following sections : overclocking memory / DIMM Profile (XMP) + Memory + memory clock ratio referince - need to be restore to defaults !
Thank you in advance .
find
Hello,

have you tried the method that heltrix wrote about already?
I've read that some people successfully used that method to revert the settings back to default.

If that doesn't work, you'll first need to get a backup of the current BIOS from the chip.
You can use this software. Before you can use it, you'll need to install the drivers from the according folder.
Be sure to use the verify function as it is very important that the BIOS-dump is correct.
To extract the BIOS, we can use UEFITool or PhoenixTool.
I'll look into the specifics when I have some more time (this weekend probably).
find
Yes I tried what heltrix said and unfortunately it did not work (thanks anyway heltrix).
Quick question, if I made a backup BIOS (version 1.05) in 2016 with blocked version, can it be extracted from there (the bios file) ?
find
It might be usable, but I need to know how you created it and which size it is.
find