Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221458
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118779
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6588
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 195
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308746
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61632
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 376
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20021
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168663
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6058
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 597
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5547
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60832
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274733
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 712
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24685
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694411
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174291

[REQUEST] $100 USD bounty for overclocking in ThinkStation S30 (4352)
#11
You're welcome!
find
quote
#12
(03-03-2018, 11:35 AM)lamovo Wrote: just as an update I unlocked the bios and while I gained the ability to force the ram into 1866mhz mode which worked well with my sticks the base clock was still unavailable. I can live with it only thing i could see doing in the future is upgrading it to ivy bridge and changing the built in fan tables that were hidden before the unlock. I would post the complete installation file (uses lenovo factory updater modified for new bios on a dos drive) but i dont have the allowed space for it.

This is awesome. Would you mind posting how you unlocked the bios? (Step-by-step, tools used, etc)

It's too bad the Ivy upgrade doesn't appear possible; after reading on a few forums it seems the issue lies with an ME7.x firmware upgrade which isn't supported. But if I could force 1866mhz on the RAM and overclock to 4.0Ghz, then I might be able to squeeze a little more life out of the system
find
quote
#13
Hello I need a Lenovo S30 4352 bios unlocked.

I need RAM speed unlocked in this bios included in this pack.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/a2j366usa.zip

I tried to open the IMAGEA2.CAP with amibcp.exe but it says it's not a bios file Sad

Can anybody help? Even just suggesting what software to use would be nice.

 
find
quote
#14
Really nobody that can help unlocking that bios?
find
quote
#15
(09-11-2019, 02:45 AM)hummm Wrote: Really nobody that can help unlocking that bios?

Bumping this as I would be very grateful if this BIOS could be modded. I currently have an S30 4351 with a Xeon E5-1680 V2, which is an unlocked processor. In the current BIOS, it lets me change the multipliers for the cores, but the highest it will run is 3.7 on all eight cores. It allows me to set the multipliers higher, but it has no affect. The default multipliers are 39 - 38 - 37 - 35 - 34 - 34 - 34 - 34. There seems to be something that is stopping the higher multipliers from being applied, though they are saved. I still have lots of room, as far as temps go, to go higher than 37 on all eight cores, and I would also like to bump up the memory timings. I know people have gotten the 1680 v2 above 4.5GHz on all cores using X79 boards, I am hoping I can somehow get mine over 4.1 or 4.2 without having to change systems. I have too much invested in this machine right now with an LSI SAS RAID controller, 128GB RAM, enterprise SSDs, etc.

Any thoughts, hints, or help would be great.

Thanks.
find
quote
#16
Photo 
hello to everyone

i'm the owner of two lenovo s30 : one of them is a sandy bridge version and the other is an ivy bridge version.

There is a easy solution for overclocking them: buy an unlocked cpu (i've choosen the e5-1660 V1 and e5-1660 V2)
go in the bios and select the multiplier you want for 1,2,3, xx cores

End

the ivy bridge version overclock ivy bridge cpus only.

i hope this could help

bye


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#17
This will not help me.I need to unlock RAM speed not CPU as the speed is not set correct
find
quote
#18
consider that memory frequency is related to cpu model cause the memory controller is inside cpu himself.

the motherboards of sandy bridge and ivy bridge are different, so you can't do what you would in my opinion.

good luck anyway
find
quote
#19
The memory speed is wrong according to the manual. My cpu supports higher mem speed, bios just don't give the correct value. That's why I need a unlocked bios cus the setting is there, just hidden.
find
quote
#20
(11-12-2019, 01:17 AM)hummm Wrote: The memory speed is wrong according to the manual. My cpu supports higher mem speed, bios just don't give the correct value. That's why I need a unlocked bios cus the setting is there, just hidden.


please write here  your cpu model, memory banks, and how many banks of them you have mounted, there are some limitation depending the cpu you are using.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)