Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-553(G) BIOS Unlock
(08-23-2019, 01:03 AM)A_fella Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have an Acer E5 553 13AB laptop with an AMD A12 9700P APU that I would like help with.

I'd like to know if there are hidden options to be unlocked in this BIOS such as disabling PSP, fan speed control, Virtualization (The chip actually supports it), and overclocking, and if not, is there a way to add them?

It's a pain to enable VT through windows and thermal throttling is horrible.

Here's the link to the BIOS. I am currently using V 1.19 as V 1.31 caused issues and I had to revert to this one.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/su...00830A7600

I'd be more than happy to donate to whoever helps me fix this issue.

Thanks
Hi
Need your bios dump...check your PM
find
(05-06-2017, 05:37 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 05:32 PM)araxhiel ¿ Wrote: Alguien ha podido flashear el archivo FD?

Hasta ahora no puedo hacer eso en E5-553-1786, a pesar de las instrucciones que se me han proporcionado (o estoy demasiado tenso para entenderlas / seguirlas, o esta computadora portátil es realmente un PIA).

Gracias por adelantado.

Atentamente.
Hola
leer pm
Hola, también puedes enviarme las instrucciones, no he podido actualizar mi BIOS desde un acer E5-553-1786.

Gracias
find
(08-23-2019, 01:39 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 01:03 AM)A_fella Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have an Acer E5 553 13AB laptop with an AMD A12 9700P APU that I would like help with.

I'd like to know if there are hidden options to be unlocked in this BIOS such as disabling PSP, fan speed control, Virtualization (The chip actually supports it), and overclocking, and if not, is there a way to add them?

It's a pain to enable VT through windows and thermal throttling is horrible.

Here's the link to the BIOS. I am currently using V 1.19 as V 1.31 caused issues and I had to revert to this one.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/su...00830A7600

I'd be more than happy to donate to whoever helps me fix this issue.

Thanks
Hi
Need your bios dump...check your PM

I've sent it. Let me know if you need something else.
find
Hello,

I might need your help. I have applied the method with h2ouve mentioned above, and it worked. But everytime on two, when the system was shutting down, whether intentionally or low battery, the virtualization was going back to deactivate. And I always repeated the same process.

Until today: when I enter in the cmd, everytime I tap “h2ouve -gv vars.txt” or “h2ouve -sv vars_mod.txt” it shows sth like:

Now parsing Variable Information...

LoadDeviceDriver fail, GetLastError=0x2

Failed to get bios data!

Fail to get Variable Information

My problem is that I don’t really know what LoadDriverDevice means.
find
Hey all again!

I was wondering if someone has found the bits to change in the bios dump to increase video RAM for this laptop from 512 MB to 1 GB.

Any inputs so far? I'm using BIOS v1.19 and I was able to add the Virtualization fix

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
find
can Anybody Help.
I need to AMD-V to Enable in My laptop Acer E5-553G-114Q
my Vars.txt already at below
BIOS Ver : V1.31
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Attached Files
.txt   vars.txt (Size: 118 KB / Downloads: 0)
find