Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101455
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 514
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2868
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7256
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6975
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14332
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425378
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3830
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 521
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227327
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119523
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6988
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 609
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310539
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62213

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Unlock
#51
how do i create a flashable file for the bios after modifying the dump of the original file
find
quote
#52
hi to all.
i am trying to install a NVMe m.2 ssd on vn7-791g, will i be able to enable the m.2 to support NVMe with the advanced tab?
find
quote
#53
Hello guys, total newbie here. I am trying to unlock the Advanced menu in my BIOS and mod the VBIOS of my Acer Aspire VN7-791G. I spent the last few days looking through different forums, reading countless threads and I didnt manage to gather any kind of information of what´s needed to actually mod the bios. My main AIM is to decrease the vCore on the CPU and bypass the +135Mhz core limit on my NVIDIA 860M Maxwell GPU. Any help would be appreciated


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.14_A_A.zip (Size: 5.07 MB / Downloads: 15)
find
quote
#54
(11-23-2019, 12:24 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 11:49 AM)Midaser Wrote: Hello guys, total newbie here. I am trying to unlock the Advanced menu in my BIOS and mod the VBIOS of my Acer Aspire VN7-791G. I spent the last few days looking through different forums, reading countless threads and I didnt manage to gather any kind of information of what´s needed to actually mod the bios. My main AIM is to decrease the vCore on the CPU and bypass the +135Mhz core limit on my NVIDIA 860M Maxwell GPU. Any help would be appreciated
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
You need a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Check your PM

Thank you for your fast response. Just out of curiosity - what does it mean thats its protected? I mean, there were different people with the same laptop and had no issues at all... I thought the 791G was moddable, while the later ones 792, 793 were not. Also the BIOS i have sent is downloaded from ACER website. Would it be perhaps different if i made my own bios dump? If so, how do i dump my BIOS. Sorry for asking too many stupid questions  Confused
find
quote
#55
Hey all, I've got an acer aspire Acer VN7-593G and I'm trying to unlock the advanced bios. I've been looking through this form for a while now and tried to complete the steps that vodek posted, https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...ock?page=3 . I managed to find the i-page unlike the other guy on this thread with the same computer, however when I tried to edit the variable (0x8F) in the EFI Shell, the variable default was not 0x0 it was set at 0x16, there was also an error saying the change would not go through. I tried to get a bios dump but am running into problems with that aswell, any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
find
quote
#56
Hello all,

My notebook is Aspire VN7-592G. The same problem with no option advanced in bios. I went through all procedure to change the settings, but when I   Enter setup_var 0x258 0x1 in command line the result was: can't set variable using efi (error: 0x00000000000000008). So can someone advise how can I change it. Dump and version are attached.
Thank you in advance!


Attached Files
.zip   VN7-592G_BIOS_113.zip (Size: 5.8 MB / Downloads: 3)
.rar   DUMP.rar (Size: 12.77 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#57
Hello! VN7-791G-749E, bios version 1.14, I ask for help to unlock bios, ssd nvme is not detected, thanks


Attached Files
.bin   old.BIN (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#58
Tell me how to activate in bios nvme? not determined .....
find
quote
#59
Hello I would like to know if you could make a mod for these bios, I downloaded them from the acer website with my SNID number, my laptop is an ACER VN7-791G-76R7. If it were possible I would like to have access to the power menu to overclock my nvidea 860m. Thank you very much


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.14_A_A.zip (Size: 5.07 MB / Downloads: 10)
find
quote
#60
Hello,

I just bought an Intel AX200 WIFI6 M.2 chip as a replacement for the build-in Atheros Chip.
After replacing the chip, I found that I can not activate WIFI in Windows 10.
I have contacted Acer about that and they told me that there is no PCI whitelist in the BIOS, but the WIFI PCI ID is registered somewhere in the BIOS and only the WIFI-chip with the correct PCI-ID can be switched on or off.
Is it possible to modify the BIOS and swap the PCI-ID for the WIFI card, so I could use the Intel AX200 chip?

Laptop:
Acer Aspire VN7-791

BIOS:
InsydeH20 (Setup Utility Version 3.7 / BIOS version v1.14)
--> I already attached the image file for BIOS version v1.14 here from the official Acer website

Built-in WIFI card:
Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034

New WIFI card:
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2723

Is there anything in addition, which would be needed?

Thanks in advance!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)