Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 60
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 58
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6049
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219817
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98263
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23865
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323448
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 933
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 277
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 121
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 541750
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 227
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656053
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20389
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163359
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
04-13-2024 03:31 PM
» Replies: 470
» Views: 129322

[REQUEST] Asus G731GW BIOS Unlock
Can i ask for bios unlock? Asus G731GW. I'm looking for GPU Temp limit options :/

Here's my dumped bios: https://www104.zippyshare.com/v/7QNe29BC/file.html
find
@denios

Bios can't control external graphic card(Nvidia) ,and i only hear we can modify vbios to change the tdp restriction ,but how to limit temperature??

find
(11-10-2021, 09:31 PM)genius239 Wrote: @denios

Bios can't control external graphic card(Nvidia) ,and i only hear we can modify vbios to change the tdp restriction ,but how to limit temperature??

Well... i though that the bios can control external GPU. I think TDP limit can be set even from system level, so there is no need to interfere with vbios (I think). Can I then ask for a general bios unlock (what is possible/useful)?
find
@denios

I say again , bios can't control external graphic card(Nvidia) ,and there no any options regard of Nvidia graphic card. For example ,on a desktop mainboard ,could you control a rtx3070 in the bios?? You can't ! The fact is you have to control by Nvidia control panel or other software such as MSI afterburner ,ASUS gpu tweak.

Another easy reason ,if bios can directly control Nvidia card ,why it need a vbios? So ,please don't think too much.

find
(11-11-2021, 06:20 AM)genius239 Wrote: @denios

I say again , bios can't control external graphic card(Nvidia) ,and there no any options regard of Nvidia graphic card. For example ,on  a desktop mainboard ,could you control a rtx3070 in the bios?? You can't ! The fact is you have to control by Nvidia control panel or other software such as MSI afterburner ,ASUS gpu tweak.

Another easy reason ,if bios can directly control Nvidia card ,why it need a vbios? So ,please don't think too much.

I think we misunderstood each other.... ok, I understand that the bios can't control the external card and we can end the topic there, that's why I asked later in general about the option to unlock the bios (not for the graphics card itself, but just to activate hidden options - overclocking menu, memory, xmp etc).

You don't have to be so aggressive about it right away... The text about the TDP limit was simply my thought, you were not meant to take it literally as a challenge to your opinion. If you don't want to unblock the bios, ok no problem, I appreciate the forum response itself Smile
find
@denios
You're real a weird man ,can you tell me who's request a options to limit gpu temperature in this thread?
denios Wrote:Can i ask for bios unlock? Asus G731GW. I'm looking for GPU Temp limit options :/

I told you the fact that bios can't control external graphic and have no options exist ,but you still proposed a wrong thought ,so i remind you again ,then you said me is aggressive???
denios Wrote:Well... i though that the bios can control external GPU. I think TDP limit can be set even from system level, so there is no need to interfere with vbios (I think). Can I then ask for a general bios unlock (what is possible/useful)?

Another thing ,your mod was done last night and already uploaded ,but  i'm just not send you a pm yet.  But now i've known what kind of person you are.

find
(11-12-2021, 07:14 AM)genius239 Wrote: @denios
You're real a weird man ,can you tell me who's request a options to limit gpu temperature in this thread?
denios Wrote:Can i ask for bios unlock? Asus G731GW. I'm looking for GPU Temp limit options :/

I told you the fact that bios can't control external graphic and have no options exist ,but you still proposed a wrong thought ,so i remind you again ,then you said me is aggressive???
denios Wrote:Well... i though that the bios can control external GPU. I think TDP limit can be set even from system level, so there is no need to interfere with vbios (I think). Can I then ask for a general bios unlock (what is possible/useful)?

Another thing ,your mod was done last night and already uploaded ,but  i'm just not send you a pm yet.  But now i've known what kind of person you are.

I wonder if you are stupid or pretending. I asked at the beginning about unlocking the bios to control the GPU temperatures and you wrote back that it's not possible, the bios does not control the GPU external temperatures, the card has its own vbios and that's cool, I acknowledged, threw in my thoughts and the topic of GPU temperatures ended. Since unlocking the bios won't do anything for the GPU, I asked for a general unlock of the bios to be able to poke around in the OC options, memory etc, and you stuck to one topic like a fly to the head. You don't want to unlock it, that's cool, but stop with the bullshit.

You created a bios mod, great, you can enjoy it now if you don't want to share, grace not. I'll take a longer time, educate myself on the topic and then I'll unlock the bios myself Smile

My suggestion for the future - stop acting like a little [censored] child who thinks he is a god on the forum.

By the way it is interesting that jcal asked the same thing in theory and you did not make a problem or miraculous explanations Smile
find
@denios

Yes ,i'm so stupid so i seriously reply to your comment. But I thought no one would help you out as your attitude and curse tone. I really don''t know what's your meaning of general unlock(#34) because i only unlock Advance menus. If you directly say xmp or undervolt i will know. Xmp, overclocking menu were you mentioned later at #36 .

And also this is only a trifle , i don't understand why someone can so angry? Wink Most bios request users i met are usually friendly and kind and i'm glad to help them.

=========edit
jcal 's mod was done and work ,please see his comment at the #19.
I've completed many mods and almost edit bios every day,so it's impossible to remember every mod i've did.

find
(11-15-2021, 07:43 AM)genius239 Wrote: @denios

Yes ,i'm so stupid so i seriously reply to your comment. But I thought no one would help you out as your attitude and curse tone. I really don''t know what's your meaning of general unlock(#34) because i only unlock Advance menus. If you directly say xmp or undervolt i will know. Xmp, overclocking menu were you mentioned later at #36 .

And also this is only a trifle , i don't understand why someone can so angry? Wink Most bios request users i met are usually friendly and kind and i'm glad to help them.

=========edit
jcal 's mod was done and work ,please see his comment at the #19.
I've completed many mods  and almost edit bios every day,so it's impossible to remember every mod i've did.

From a logical point of view "general" means what you do at bios, i.e. you unlock advanced options, but oh well.

We also misunderstood with jcal's request (again), but no longer important.

What's fascinating is how quickly you started hovering... already after my first reply Smile Why such an approach? A person ask you something, you responded according to your knowledge, then there was a loose thought thrown in, which you took overly personally to yourself and changed your approach to "no and fck". You have been dealing with such things for a long time, you have the right knowledge, you know what and how, so it was enough not to get into such an aggressive discussion. You could have just said right away that you won't unlock it because of something and that was it, while you were dabbling with the GPU topic Smile

What kind of attitude do you represent yourself, this is the attitude your interlocutors have towards you, difficult to understand? I guess not Smile

BTW - I wasn't "angry" and I'm not, but it was you who actually first set me up negatively by my thought regarding gpu temp Wink
find
In any case ... let's end this pointless discussion, because each of us is an adult and each of us is sitting on the other side of the world, there is no point.

If you don't want to submit a mod then ok, no problem, you have your reasons. If you took something personally negative (I probably did) then I apologize to you, language barrier (English is not my native language) is also a reason for disagreements, because maybe at the very beginning I took something wrong. Thank you for responding to my request. Good luck in your further career/hobby in modding bios etc Smile
find