Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425658
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310608
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
#1
Hi guys!
Sorry, this is my first post...
I just bought an Asus 1025c, with Intel Atom N2600
I want to install a 64bit OS, but it states that the CPU does not support 64bit. So I digged around, and discovered that the CPU supports EMT64, but the vendor disabled it in BIOS.
Original BIOS is here:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/1...S-1001.zip

Does anybody know if there is an unlocked bios images around?
If not, is it possible to mod the bios?
Thank you in advance
Tom
find
quote
#2
I have tried.

I take no responsibility if anything is wrong with this modded bios, flash at your own risk.

Please report any results.


Attached Files
.rom   test.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 139)
find
quote
#3
(06-27-2012, 09:12 AM)moral hazard Wrote: I have tried.

I take no responsibility if anything is wrong with this modded bios, flash at your own risk.

Please report any results.

Thank you very much! I'll try this evening...
If anything goes wrong, how can I go back?
find
quote
#4
Sometimes you can recover from a bad bios with some key combo and the right bios on an external floppy disk or USB flash drive.

But it is not always successful. It's up to you to research recovery procedures. I don't know one that would work for you off the top of my head, sorry.

Good luck.
find
quote
#5
(06-27-2012, 09:30 AM)moral hazard Wrote: Sometimes you can recover from a bad bios with some key combo and the right bios on an external floppy disk or USB flash drive.

But it is not always successful. It's up to you to research recovery procedures. I don't know one that would work for you off the top of my head, sorry.

Good luck.

Im From mexico and try this but dosent work =( ,
find
quote
#6
(07-01-2012, 12:53 AM)sukisux Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 09:30 AM)moral hazard Wrote: Sometimes you can recover from a bad bios with some key combo and the right bios on an external floppy disk or USB flash drive.

But it is not always successful. It's up to you to research recovery procedures. I don't know one that would work for you off the top of my head, sorry.

Good luck.

Im From mexico and try this but dosent work =( ,

I still have to try it, because I am waiting for an official answer from ASUS support...
So the modded bios is not working? or is not enabling EMT64?
find
quote
#7
(07-01-2012, 02:25 AM)dido_75 Wrote:
(07-01-2012, 12:53 AM)sukisux Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 09:30 AM)moral hazard Wrote: Sometimes you can recover from a bad bios with some key combo and the right bios on an external floppy disk or USB flash drive.

But it is not always successful. It's up to you to research recovery procedures. I don't know one that would work for you off the top of my head, sorry.

Good luck.

Im From mexico and try this but dosent work =( ,

I still have to try it, because I am waiting for an official answer from ASUS support...
So the modded bios is not working? or is not enabling EMT64?
(sorry for my bad english) when i flash the modedd rom with ASUSUpdate the app needs to rstart the computer then i press ESC to enter the bios configuration and in the section EMT64 shows "NOT SUPPORTED" =( , i try again to install windows x64 but nothings happen
find
quote
#8
(07-01-2012, 02:45 AM)sukisux Wrote: (sorry for my bad english) when i flash the modedd rom with ASUSUpdate the app needs to rstart the computer then i press ESC to enter the bios configuration and in the section EMT64 shows "NOT SUPPORTED" =( , i try again to install windows x64 but nothings happen

What CPU do you have?
N2600?

Read the last post here:
http://embedded.communities.intel.com/thread/5808

"Unfortunately, 64 bit operating systems have not been validated for N2000 based platforms".
find
quote
#9
(06-27-2012, 09:12 AM)moral hazard Wrote: I have tried.

I take no responsibility if anything is wrong with this modded bios, flash at your own risk.

Please report any results.

Hello, I also have a 1025c, but with a N2800, which is 64-bit supported according to the Intel website.


Can I "safely" use you modded BIOS as is?
find
quote
#10
I got your PM, no don't use this modded bios, it wont enable anything I made a mistake.

There is no setting I can see that would enable 64-bit support.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I just don't have the tools to do it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)