Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424260
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224021
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309587
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61917
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 579
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20232
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169183
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6284
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61134

[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
#21
(04-29-2014, 05:22 PM)xenon Wrote: Stack balancing is serious matter, and you need to get it right. Trace into the function to find that the function does not cleanup the stack. In fact, this is named as cdecl calling convention. If you were to NOP out the pushes, you need to NOP out "add esp,0x14" as well.

(FYI, the other calling convention that you know about is named as stdcall).

Thank you for the quick reply and illustrating the cdecl convention. I might go for a try after returning back home from my travel.

My guess is you already tried that patch on a system and can confirm it actually works?
find
quote
#22
Yes, it is confirmed that it works (just nop out the call).
find
quote
#23
Wink 
(04-30-2014, 03:43 AM)xenon Wrote: Yes, it is confirmed that it works (just nop out the call).

thx men, you are the best...!!!!
I've been trying to unlock the EMT64 instruction from the day I bought the netbook. It works perfectly for my Asus Eee 1025C and Intel Atom N2800 processor. Right now I'm installing Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

Thank you.

[Image: dcin.jpg]
find
quote
#24
Sad 
New problem... No drivers for GMA3600 64bits.

On the internet there is a GFX_Vista_Win7_64_8.15.8.1050_Beta5.exe driver but does not work for our asus 1025C. After running the driverinstaller and a reboot, I got a BSOD. Another reboot -> BSOD. Safe-mode -> delete GPU driver -> no more BSOD, but crappy graphics performance due to the standard Windows driver being used again.

Intel no longer continue to develop support for GMA3600.
find
quote
#25
That GFX_Vista_Win7_64_8.15.8.1050_Beta5.exe works for my Asus 1025C in Windows 7 x64 though.
find
quote
#26
The nopping worked!!!!
Thanks a bundle!
Thought 64bit would be now trouble for linux, but at least with a Gentoo based systemrescuecd (www.sysresccd.org) the X11 driver does not work (it does in 32bit mode though).
find
quote
#27
(05-01-2014, 05:23 PM)xenon Wrote: That GFX_Vista_Win7_64_8.15.8.1050_Beta5.exe works for my Asus 1025C in Windows 7 x64 though.

I also have the Asus 1025C. Installed the BIOS & microcode files that Xenon posted. The files enabled EMT64 allowing me to install Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The system & BIOS both recognize the 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM installed and performs flawlessly. However I am limited to the native display resolution, which is pretty crappy. I installed the GFX_Vist_Win7_64_ 8.15.8.1050_beta5.exe driver and upon reboot get the dreaded BSOD!!!! Once the driver is removed the machine will boot with no problems, however back to the native Microsoft default driver/resolution. What is causing this Issue?????HuhHuhHuhHuh[/align]

Thanks!!!
Phrendchip
find
quote
#28
(04-19-2014, 01:14 AM)debian2 Wrote: BIOS with new microcode works great. 1025c N2800. Anybody, please, activate hardware virtualization and EMT64 in 1301 BIOS. Ideally, BIOS 1301 with new microcode, EMT64 and VMX from previous reply. Good article: http://habrahabr.ru/post/152056
I have taken a closer look into this VT-x issue and there is no solution yet. A few notes I have:
1) My Asus 1025C is Atom N2600, yours is N2800, the SecurAble screenshot in habrahabr.ru shows N570.
2) The MSR 0x3A is the official documented way of enabling/disabling and locking the VT-x usage. Based on experiments on Core i7 processor, after disabling and locking using MSR 0x3A, CPUID(1).ecx.bit5 will still reports VT-x is present in CPU, therefore SecurAble will show "Locked OFF". The case is different on my N2600: CPUID(1).ecx.bit5 is 0 and MSR 0x3A cannot be used to enable VT-x and SecurAble shows "No".
So check if SecurAble reports "Locked OFF" or "No" for your N2800. Unless you can find an N2600/N2800 showing "Locked OFF" (or equivalently CPUID(1).ecx.bit5=1), I can't do anything further.


(05-16-2014, 03:58 PM)Phrendchip Wrote: I installed the GFX_Vist_Win7_64_ 8.15.8.1050_beta5.exe driver and upon reboot get the dreaded BSOD!!!!
I just confirmed the findings that GFX_Vista_Win7_64_8.15.8.1050_Beta5.exe has a bug that will BSOD when 4GiB RAM is installed. It was working fine when I had 2GiB RAM. However, I don't have free time to reverse engineer the driver.
find
quote
#29
Xenon, Thanks for the info. Glad that you were able to confirm the bug issue. I thought I was going nuts!!!
"I just confirmed the findings that GFX_Vista_Win7_64_8.15.8.1050_Beta5.exe has a bug that will BSOD when 4GiB RAM is installed".
For now I'll just have to run the machine with the Microsoft default driver installed. Hopefully someday someone will fix the bug issue.


Phrendchip
find
quote
#30
I hope someone will do this soon, I'd love to run windows 64 bit with the 4gb I have installed. SSD upgrade and we've got a powerhouse!:-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)