Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Today 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2810
ASROCK A520M-HVS
Last Post: pcbird
Today 11:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 232
Unlock pci-e 4.0 on my mobo
Today 11:06 AM
» Views: 52
insane ideas [q170 -> h110,b250,z370 cro...
Today 11:02 AM
» Views: 351
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
Today 10:10 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 37
[Request] Asus H110M-R Mainboard - Xeon ...
Last Post: Brutoloco
Today 09:32 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1307
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 09:25 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 21990
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:22 AM
» Views: 138
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26116
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 127
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 113
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6214
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220081
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 193
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 178
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98743
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324567
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1049

[REQUEST] Bios Unlock MSI PS42 8RB i7
Hi Everyone,

May I have your help to unlock my bios. I have tried myself with AMIBCP but cannot figure out the way to bypass the checksum error. Attached official BIOS for my computer. Thanks!

Attached Files
.zip   E14B1IMS.10C.zip (Size: 5 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
(04-03-2019, 10:29 PM)hkc_rock Wrote: Hi Everyone,

May I have your help to unlock my bios. I have tried myself with AMIBCP but cannot figure out the way to bypass the checksum error. Attached official BIOS for my computer. Thanks!

This's type of aptio v ami bios.
Please try version 5.[censored] amibcp to edit and save.

find
(04-04-2019, 03:43 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 10:29 PM)hkc_rock Wrote: Hi Everyone,

This's type of aptio v ami bios.
Please try version 5.[censored] amibcp to edit and save.

I have successfully edit the bios by AMIBCP supporting APTIO V bios. But I think I have to consider the options below:

1. Flash the Bios overridding the checksum error warning.
2. Further edit the bios by re-calculation the checksum

Can you please advise any tutorial for the above means? Thanks.
find
Did you try flash BIOS from within BIOS using official internal BIOS flashing app, rename mod BIOS to exact stock BIOS name (including extension)

If you still cannot get it, you can dump BIOS region via FPT, modify that, and then reflash BIOS region via FPT

To reflash BIOS region via FPT first you must unlock "BIOS Lock" Setting via grub using setup_var, here's my guide on that, you can start at step #6 since I will provide you with the variable you need to change
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Your BIOS Lock Variable >> 0x929
Rename your .efi file to >> Shell.efi

So at grub prompt you will type >> setup_var 0x929 0x0
Then you can flash back in mod BIOS region via FPT

Be very careful with FPT, only use commands and files I mentioned, or you can brick your system. If you see yellow or red error, stop and do not continue to try and flash, show image of the error.

You have ME 11.8, so go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching V11 ME System Tools Package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell). At the command prompt type the following command and this will output your "BIOS Region" file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Open biosreg.bin in AMIBCP and do your edits again, then save as mod file name so you know which is original dump and mod dump.
Then, after you have disabled BIOS lock per the above, you can reflash your mod BIOS region >> FPTw.exe -bios -f modbiosreg.bin
find
(04-08-2019, 05:12 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Did you try flash BIOS from within BIOS using official internal BIOS flashing app, rename mod BIOS to exact stock BIOS name (including extension)

If you still cannot get it, you can dump BIOS region via FPT, modify that, and then reflash BIOS region via FPT

To reflash BIOS region via FPT first you must unlock "BIOS Lock" Setting via grub using setup_var, here's my guide on that, you can start at step #6 since I will provide you with the variable you need to change
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Your BIOS Lock Variable >> 0x929
Rename your .efi file to >> Shell.efi

So at grub prompt you will type >> setup_var 0x929 0x0
Then you can flash back in mod BIOS region via FPT

Be very careful with FPT, only use commands and files I mentioned, or you can brick your system.  If you see yellow or red error, stop and do not continue to try and flash, show image of the error.

You have ME 11.8, so go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching V11 ME System Tools Package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.  Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  At the command prompt type the following command and this will output your "BIOS Region" file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Open biosreg.bin in AMIBCP and do your edits again, then save as mod file name so you know which is original dump and mod dump.
Then, after you have disabled BIOS lock per the above, you can reflash your mod BIOS region >> FPTw.exe -bios -f modbiosreg.bin
I am stuck at how to boot into the grub. As my bios doesn't have the option to boot from Shell.efi, I tried to boot with F11. The UEFI usb bootable media is recognized but choosing it does nothing but boots into normal windows...
find
Sorry about that, I meant to leave you alternative link to method on booting to grub when BIOS does not have the proper option, I forgot Sad
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page >> https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-n...l#msg58324

You should not have any UEFI Bootable USB, nothing like that is used for this method. Normal USB, formatted FAT32 on MBR partition.
find
(04-10-2019, 09:23 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Sorry about that, I meant to leave you alternative link to method on booting to grub when BIOS does not have the proper option, I forgot Sad
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page >> https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-n...l#msg58324

You should not have any UEFI Bootable USB, nothing like that is used for this method.  Normal USB, formatted FAT32 on MBR partition.
Successfully complete my unlock with your guide! Thank you so much Angel

Appreciated if you don't mind me asking one more question. If I want to undervolt my cpu, is it correct if I set the voltage offset value as below? I set it to -100 at the moment but quite confused how I can check the undervolt is applied.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
You're welcome, glad you were able to finally get it!

You can check CPU voltage in windows with CPU-z, HWINFO64, AIDA64, Speccy (maybe)
In your image I see + sign shown, not negative -

I also think you want to set Voltage Mode to Override mode (all modes< instead of adaptive (only applied at turbo mode)

Set Voltage Offset to whatever you want to subtract from current applied stock voltage, and then set Offset Prefix to negative
find
(04-12-2019, 01:13 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome, glad you were able to finally get it!

You can check CPU voltage in windows with CPU-z, HWINFO64, AIDA64, Speccy (maybe)
In your image I see + sign shown, not negative -

I also think you want to set   Voltage Mode to Override mode (all modes< instead of adaptive (only applied at turbo mode)

Set Voltage Offset to whatever you want to subtract from current applied stock voltage, and then set   Offset Prefix to negative

Yes I set Offset to 100 with a "-" on my bios page.

I am a bit hesitated on the override mode as I tried yesterday with a voltage override from the value I observed on CPU-Z, causing my compute not able to boot up Sad Sad . Luckily unplugging CMOS battery resolved the issue.
find
Maybe less than you used initially with Override mode then, otherwise that voltage you set only applies when turbo mode kicks in (ie under loads)
find