Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 58
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222035
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118895
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6640
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 264
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308929
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61716
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 450
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20094
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168798
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6127
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5619
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60927
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274804
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24733

[REQUEST] Bios Unlock MSI PS42 8RB i7
#1
Hi Everyone,

May I have your help to unlock my bios. I have tried myself with AMIBCP but cannot figure out the way to bypass the checksum error. Attached official BIOS for my computer. Thanks!


Attached Files
.zip   E14B1IMS.10C.zip (Size: 5 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
(04-03-2019, 10:29 PM)hkc_rock Wrote: Hi Everyone,

May I have your help to unlock my bios. I have tried myself with AMIBCP but cannot figure out the way to bypass the checksum error. Attached official BIOS for my computer. Thanks!

This's type of aptio v ami bios.
Please try version 5.[censored] amibcp to edit and save.

find
quote
#3
(04-04-2019, 03:43 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 10:29 PM)hkc_rock Wrote: Hi Everyone,

May I have your help to unlock my bios. I have tried myself with AMIBCP but cannot figure out the way to bypass the checksum error. Attached official BIOS for my computer. Thanks!

This's type of aptio v ami bios.
Please try version 5.[censored] amibcp to edit and save.

I have successfully edit the bios by AMIBCP supporting APTIO V bios. But I think I have to consider the options below:

1. Flash the Bios overridding the checksum error warning.
2. Further edit the bios by re-calculation the checksum

Can you please advise any tutorial for the above means? Thanks.
find
quote
#4
Did you try flash BIOS from within BIOS using official internal BIOS flashing app, rename mod BIOS to exact stock BIOS name (including extension)

If you still cannot get it, you can dump BIOS region via FPT, modify that, and then reflash BIOS region via FPT

To reflash BIOS region via FPT first you must unlock "BIOS Lock" Setting via grub using setup_var, here's my guide on that, you can start at step #6 since I will provide you with the variable you need to change
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Your BIOS Lock Variable >> 0x929
Rename your .efi file to >> Shell.efi

So at grub prompt you will type >> setup_var 0x929 0x0
Then you can flash back in mod BIOS region via FPT

Be very careful with FPT, only use commands and files I mentioned, or you can brick your system. If you see yellow or red error, stop and do not continue to try and flash, show image of the error.

You have ME 11.8, so go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching V11 ME System Tools Package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell). At the command prompt type the following command and this will output your "BIOS Region" file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Open biosreg.bin in AMIBCP and do your edits again, then save as mod file name so you know which is original dump and mod dump.
Then, after you have disabled BIOS lock per the above, you can reflash your mod BIOS region >> FPTw.exe -bios -f modbiosreg.bin
find
quote
#5
(04-08-2019, 05:12 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Did you try flash BIOS from within BIOS using official internal BIOS flashing app, rename mod BIOS to exact stock BIOS name (including extension)

If you still cannot get it, you can dump BIOS region via FPT, modify that, and then reflash BIOS region via FPT

To reflash BIOS region via FPT first you must unlock "BIOS Lock" Setting via grub using setup_var, here's my guide on that, you can start at step #6 since I will provide you with the variable you need to change
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Your BIOS Lock Variable >> 0x929
Rename your .efi file to >> Shell.efi

So at grub prompt you will type >> setup_var 0x929 0x0
Then you can flash back in mod BIOS region via FPT

Be very careful with FPT, only use commands and files I mentioned, or you can brick your system.  If you see yellow or red error, stop and do not continue to try and flash, show image of the error.

You have ME 11.8, so go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching V11 ME System Tools Package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.  Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  At the command prompt type the following command and this will output your "BIOS Region" file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Open biosreg.bin in AMIBCP and do your edits again, then save as mod file name so you know which is original dump and mod dump.
Then, after you have disabled BIOS lock per the above, you can reflash your mod BIOS region >> FPTw.exe -bios -f modbiosreg.bin
I am stuck at how to boot into the grub. As my bios doesn't have the option to boot from Shell.efi, I tried to boot with F11. The UEFI usb bootable media is recognized but choosing it does nothing but boots into normal windows...
find
quote
#6
Sorry about that, I meant to leave you alternative link to method on booting to grub when BIOS does not have the proper option, I forgot Sad
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page >> https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-n...l#msg58324

You should not have any UEFI Bootable USB, nothing like that is used for this method. Normal USB, formatted FAT32 on MBR partition.
find
quote
#7
(04-10-2019, 09:23 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Sorry about that, I meant to leave you alternative link to method on booting to grub when BIOS does not have the proper option, I forgot Sad
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page >> https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-n...l#msg58324

You should not have any UEFI Bootable USB, nothing like that is used for this method.  Normal USB, formatted FAT32 on MBR partition.
Successfully complete my unlock with your guide! Thank you so much Angel

Appreciated if you don't mind me asking one more question. If I want to undervolt my cpu, is it correct if I set the voltage offset value as below? I set it to -100 at the moment but quite confused how I can check the undervolt is applied.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#8
You're welcome, glad you were able to finally get it!

You can check CPU voltage in windows with CPU-z, HWINFO64, AIDA64, Speccy (maybe)
In your image I see + sign shown, not negative -

I also think you want to set Voltage Mode to Override mode (all modes< instead of adaptive (only applied at turbo mode)

Set Voltage Offset to whatever you want to subtract from current applied stock voltage, and then set Offset Prefix to negative
find
quote
#9
(04-12-2019, 01:13 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome, glad you were able to finally get it!

You can check CPU voltage in windows with CPU-z, HWINFO64, AIDA64, Speccy (maybe)
In your image I see + sign shown, not negative -

I also think you want to set   Voltage Mode to Override mode (all modes< instead of adaptive (only applied at turbo mode)

Set Voltage Offset to whatever you want to subtract from current applied stock voltage, and then set   Offset Prefix to negative

Yes I set Offset to 100 with a "-" on my bios page.

I am a bit hesitated on the override mode as I tried yesterday with a voltage override from the value I observed on CPU-Z, causing my compute not able to boot up Sad Sad . Luckily unplugging CMOS battery resolved the issue.
find
quote
#10
Maybe less than you used initially with Override mode then, otherwise that voltage you set only applies when turbo mode kicks in (ie under loads)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)