Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 12:10 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 18
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317080
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101053
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2517
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40959
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 335
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55306
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64129
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6566
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 143
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52172
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167151
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 238
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6332
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137

[REQUEST] Bios Unlock MSI PS42 8RB i7
Hi Everyone,

May I have your help to unlock my bios. I have tried myself with AMIBCP but cannot figure out the way to bypass the checksum error. Attached official BIOS for my computer. Thanks!

Attached Files
.zip   E14B1IMS.10C.zip (Size: 5 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
(04-03-2019, 10:29 PM)hkc_rock Wrote: Hi Everyone,

May I have your help to unlock my bios. I have tried myself with AMIBCP but cannot figure out the way to bypass the checksum error. Attached official BIOS for my computer. Thanks!

This's type of aptio v ami bios.
Please try version 5.[censored] amibcp to edit and save.

find
(04-04-2019, 03:43 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 10:29 PM)hkc_rock Wrote: Hi Everyone,

This's type of aptio v ami bios.
Please try version 5.[censored] amibcp to edit and save.

I have successfully edit the bios by AMIBCP supporting APTIO V bios. But I think I have to consider the options below:

1. Flash the Bios overridding the checksum error warning.
2. Further edit the bios by re-calculation the checksum

Can you please advise any tutorial for the above means? Thanks.
find
Did you try flash BIOS from within BIOS using official internal BIOS flashing app, rename mod BIOS to exact stock BIOS name (including extension)

If you still cannot get it, you can dump BIOS region via FPT, modify that, and then reflash BIOS region via FPT

To reflash BIOS region via FPT first you must unlock "BIOS Lock" Setting via grub using setup_var, here's my guide on that, you can start at step #6 since I will provide you with the variable you need to change
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Your BIOS Lock Variable >> 0x929
Rename your .efi file to >> Shell.efi

So at grub prompt you will type >> setup_var 0x929 0x0
Then you can flash back in mod BIOS region via FPT

Be very careful with FPT, only use commands and files I mentioned, or you can brick your system. If you see yellow or red error, stop and do not continue to try and flash, show image of the error.

You have ME 11.8, so go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching V11 ME System Tools Package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell). At the command prompt type the following command and this will output your "BIOS Region" file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Open biosreg.bin in AMIBCP and do your edits again, then save as mod file name so you know which is original dump and mod dump.
Then, after you have disabled BIOS lock per the above, you can reflash your mod BIOS region >> FPTw.exe -bios -f modbiosreg.bin
find
(04-08-2019, 05:12 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Did you try flash BIOS from within BIOS using official internal BIOS flashing app, rename mod BIOS to exact stock BIOS name (including extension)

If you still cannot get it, you can dump BIOS region via FPT, modify that, and then reflash BIOS region via FPT

To reflash BIOS region via FPT first you must unlock "BIOS Lock" Setting via grub using setup_var, here's my guide on that, you can start at step #6 since I will provide you with the variable you need to change
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Your BIOS Lock Variable >> 0x929
Rename your .efi file to >> Shell.efi

So at grub prompt you will type >> setup_var 0x929 0x0
Then you can flash back in mod BIOS region via FPT

Be very careful with FPT, only use commands and files I mentioned, or you can brick your system.  If you see yellow or red error, stop and do not continue to try and flash, show image of the error.

You have ME 11.8, so go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching V11 ME System Tools Package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.  Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  At the command prompt type the following command and this will output your "BIOS Region" file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Open biosreg.bin in AMIBCP and do your edits again, then save as mod file name so you know which is original dump and mod dump.
Then, after you have disabled BIOS lock per the above, you can reflash your mod BIOS region >> FPTw.exe -bios -f modbiosreg.bin
I am stuck at how to boot into the grub. As my bios doesn't have the option to boot from Shell.efi, I tried to boot with F11. The UEFI usb bootable media is recognized but choosing it does nothing but boots into normal windows...
find
Sorry about that, I meant to leave you alternative link to method on booting to grub when BIOS does not have the proper option, I forgot Sad
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page >> https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-n...l#msg58324

You should not have any UEFI Bootable USB, nothing like that is used for this method. Normal USB, formatted FAT32 on MBR partition.
find
(04-10-2019, 09:23 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Sorry about that, I meant to leave you alternative link to method on booting to grub when BIOS does not have the proper option, I forgot Sad
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page >> https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-n...l#msg58324

You should not have any UEFI Bootable USB, nothing like that is used for this method.  Normal USB, formatted FAT32 on MBR partition.
Successfully complete my unlock with your guide! Thank you so much Angel

Appreciated if you don't mind me asking one more question. If I want to undervolt my cpu, is it correct if I set the voltage offset value as below? I set it to -100 at the moment but quite confused how I can check the undervolt is applied.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
You're welcome, glad you were able to finally get it!

You can check CPU voltage in windows with CPU-z, HWINFO64, AIDA64, Speccy (maybe)
In your image I see + sign shown, not negative -

I also think you want to set Voltage Mode to Override mode (all modes< instead of adaptive (only applied at turbo mode)

Set Voltage Offset to whatever you want to subtract from current applied stock voltage, and then set Offset Prefix to negative
find
(04-12-2019, 01:13 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome, glad you were able to finally get it!

You can check CPU voltage in windows with CPU-z, HWINFO64, AIDA64, Speccy (maybe)
In your image I see + sign shown, not negative -

I also think you want to set   Voltage Mode to Override mode (all modes< instead of adaptive (only applied at turbo mode)

Set Voltage Offset to whatever you want to subtract from current applied stock voltage, and then set   Offset Prefix to negative

Yes I set Offset to 100 with a "-" on my bios page.

I am a bit hesitated on the override mode as I tried yesterday with a voltage override from the value I observed on CPU-Z, causing my compute not able to boot up Sad Sad . Luckily unplugging CMOS battery resolved the issue.
find
Maybe less than you used initially with Override mode then, otherwise that voltage you set only applies when turbo mode kicks in (ie under loads)
find