Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6372
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 317
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224646
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309754
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169388
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 835

[REQUEST] Dell Precision T3500 BIOS Unlock
#11
Alright, we will try to figure this out! Smile The attached pictures are great.

Here's the CH341A package I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6W...UTF8&psc=1

The clip works great for some people and not very well for others (I am one of the latter). It is sort of cheaply made. If you have problems with it, you may need to order the Pomona 5250 clip. It gets a really good grip on the BIOS chip. You probably won't need this though. Here is the one I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHH...UTF8&psc=1

If you additionally order the Pomona 5250, you will also need to either solder the cables from the old clip to the new one or you will need to order 8 female-to-female jumper cables. I recommend a wire length of at least 40 cm for good reach.


The Latitude notebook seems to implement Intel BootGuard technology, which - when properly implemented* - makes it impossible to change a single byte where it is implemented in the BIOS image without creating a brick. If my understanding is correct, BootGuard involves the burning of public key hash into a once-programmable region of either the CPU or the chipset. The public key hash is used to verify that the public key stored in the BIOS image is correct. The public key in the BIOS image is used to verify that the BIOS image on the BIOS chip was created by the manufacturer and not modified from creation to flashing. The BIOS Setup Utility part of the BIOS image (the part used to make edits to the menus and settings) is part of the protected area of the image.

Without Dell's private key, we cannot modify a BIOS image that properly implements* BootGuard without creating a brick. This doesn't stop us from modifying the hidden settings via RU.EFI though! I can post more information on this later on. Basically though, I will provide you with a file that contains a list of hidden and visible settings, as well as what they can be set to, and then you can tell me which ones you want to edit. I can then tell you which variables to edit with RU.EFI.

*To test if BootGuard is implemented properly, please see BDMaster's posts (#7 and #9) in this thread: https://www.win-raid.com/t8865f54-Reques...menus.html Please post the meinfo results here.

Starting today, I will be very busy over the course of the next 9 days, so I will have limited time to work on BIOS mods. I will keep you updated throughout the modification process.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#12
Hello Sml6397,

the thread #7 download link isn't working, can you find me an alternative,
btw, i read the whole thread and i found that they post Backup tools ver.20 , it worked for me, you can check it out:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e5msrr
find
quote
#13
Hello this is the first time using this forum so yeah..anyways I hope you can add this uefi and maybe secure boot? The t3500 has tpm 1.2 so it kinda supports windows 11. Hoping to see that it works and maybe when your done upload it to archive.org?
Dell is so dumb..like the last t3500 were made in mid 2012 I think and had warranty for 5 years... Like why Dell why... Oh and the t3500 has diff Mobo as well.

How about try using a t3600 Bois to mod the t3500 Bois as the t3600 has UEFI and maybe secure boot too.
T3600 Bois : https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-pk/...erid=knnmy
find
quote
#14
Hello StarPrince and ITronLegends,

Thank you for your continued patience. I recently got back from vacation. MEInfo is still tripping me up, however. Once I figure out how to get it running on my laptop, I will instruct you on which version to run on yours' and how to do so.

@ITronLegends,
These notebooks potentially make use of Intel BootGuard. If they do, then we cannot perform BIOS mods on them, or else we will get a brick. MEInfo will allow us to see if Intel BootGuard is actually being used. If it is in use, we can still use RU.EFI to edit individual settings.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#15
Hello Sml6397,
Thank you for your continuous follow up, and welcome back from vacation,

I am waiting and trust your work will make a solution for this Smile

btw, the last comment made by ITronLegends provided a bios T3600 that is related to a Workstation PC , the newer brother to this one T3500, it is not a notebook, hope this info makes any addition to you lol.

Attached Intel ME info from my notebook Dell Latitude 3340, if this bios can make any help!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#16
Hello StarPrince,

Thanks for this information and the reminder. I will get back on this again. Vacation was fun!

It looks like BackupTool didn't work. Did you order the CH341A programmer? If so, could you get a full BIOS chip dump using that? In fact, get two of them so that I can compare them and make sure that they are consistent with each other. I'd feel more comfortable experimenting if we have a sure-fire backup to use if anything goes terribly wrong.

For now, I will begin looking at the stock BIOS image again.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#17
i didnt find the one you have available atm

should i order this one

https://www.amazon.com/-/ar/dp/B08KG7YM4...YM45&psc=1
find
quote
#18
Yes, that one works perfectly.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#19
ok , i purchased it but it will take time for shipping, sorry for inconvenience
if there is anything else to do in between let me know
Thank you
find
quote
#20
No worries!

I haven't gotten a chance to begin looking at Dell Phoenix modding yet, but I should by the time your hardware programmer arrives. With the official BIOS update, I should be able to do any learning I need to do. I will replicate any mods I do to it on your BIOS backup.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)