Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6525
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308244
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61544
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 306
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19943
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168431
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5973
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 518
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5473
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60728
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274671
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 648
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24616
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693681
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174005
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 923
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59537
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43063

[REQUEST] HP Compaq 6730b BIOS Unlock
#1
Hello,
is there a way to unlock hidden Options on HP Compaq 6730b Bios?
There is no way to boot from USB or optical drive. When I push ESC during Boot sequence, there are only three options to boot from HDD, UpgradeBay or Network. I must do a new install of WIN7. It would be glad if someone can help.
THX

Add
Bios vers. F20; OS Win7 Home premium 64bit.
I have all Bootoption Enable in Bios Configuration Utility, but after pushing ESC during the Bootsequence it shows only three option. Boot from HDD,Upgradebay and network.
find
quote
#2
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could modify the bios of my HP 6730B to allow for disabling intel speedstep. By default, the F10 Bios I am using prevents from disabling the speedstep bit, however it seems that in the past others have created custom bioses for this machine to disable this and allow a dual-ida state:
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/t...x0hdx9000/

Unfortunately these custom bioses were made quite a while ago and the files are no longer hosted online, and the wayback machine doesnt bring them back either.

I have dumped my BIOS via the universal BIOS toolkit, and looked through the file structure with UEFITool, but I didn't find anything obviously related to speed step.

Additionally, would anyone know how to disable 'reversable software write protect' on a ddr2 sodimm spd EEPROM? I'm trying to flash higher CAS latencies to allow for better FSB overclocking, but apparently the SMBIOS needs to send a special command to the SPD EEPROM in order to allow flashing. Unfortunately the CH341A doesn't support SPD EEPROM's so I can't access the chip without having the SODIMM in a computer.

I own a CH341A + have moderate experience using it if that helps acheive either of the above. Sorry if this isn't an Insyde Bios, I can't tell from what I've seen in UEFITool.

Any help is greatly appreciated!


Attached Files
.rom   Hewlett-Packard-68PDDVer.F.10.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#3
Hello.

So...
"Reversable software write protect"? To make a such modification is beyond my understanding of BIOS.
(10-30-2021, 08:54 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: it seems that in the past others have created custom bioses
But I can bring you this one. sp51317_HP6530b_HP6730b.zip
find
quote
#4
(10-31-2021, 12:07 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: Hello.

So...
"Reversable software write protect"? To make a such modification is beyond my understanding of BIOS.
(10-30-2021, 08:54 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: it seems that in the past others have created custom bioses
But I can bring you this one. sp51317_HP6530b_HP6730b.zip

Does the BIOS you attached allow disabling speed step? I want to be careful before flashing a new BIOS as apparently once you upgrade to BIOS F.20 or newer you cannot ever flash a BIOS that disables speedstep according the the link attached in my original post. Is the BIOS you linked based on F.20 or newer?
find
quote
#5
(10-31-2021, 11:17 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Does the BIOS you attached allow disabling speed step?
With the guide presented on the techinferno, a dual-IDA state was unlocked.
(10-31-2021, 11:17 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Is the BIOS you linked based on F.20 or newer?
It's F.17. I did not linked version 20 or newer because it has RSA encryption protection and can only be installed using an SPI prog.
find
quote
#6
(10-31-2021, 11:33 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 11:17 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Does the BIOS you attached allow disabling speed step?
With the guide presented on the techinferno, a dual-IDA state was unlocked.
(10-31-2021, 11:17 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Is the BIOS you linked based on F.20 or newer?
It's F.17. I did not linked version 20 or newer because it has RSA encryption protection and can only be installed using an SPI prog.
Nice, thank you. I'll run the flash and report how it goes.
find
quote
#7
I just completed the flash and it appears to have bricked the laptop. All I did was run HPQFlash from the Windows folder of what you linked. Has this bios been tested before?

As soon as the PC restarted after flashing, the fans turned to full speed and I got a black screen with a flashing caps lock light. I just tried using Win+B and Win+V and neither brought up the BIOS restoration utility.
find
quote
#8
(10-31-2021, 11:54 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Has this bios been tested before?
No. It was created recently.
I don't know what in the bios caused the laptop to brick.
find
quote
#9
(10-31-2021, 12:10 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 11:54 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Has this bios been tested before?
No. It was created recently.
I don't know what in the bios caused the laptop to brick.
Did you create this BIOS?
If not, was the creator of the BIOS a known or reputable BIOS modder?
find
quote
#10
(10-31-2021, 01:06 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Did you create this BIOS?
It was me. Also, want to tell that I'm definitely not a reputable modder as dealing with me users often brick their devices.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)