Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 798
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108063
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3542
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425656
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227624
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310606
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

[REQUEST] Lenovo G450 & G550 (18CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#91
I have a lenovo g550 , i have bought it an intel 9260 wifi card and converter to plug in pci-e , the bios needs white list though , also i ordered a higher cpu and it is on its way but i heared that cpus need white listing too , so is combining both modifications possible ?
if not then at least we start with the Wifi i am not greedy :d
find
quote
#92
Hello. I'm resuming this post because I have a Lenovo G550 and want to flash a clean bios, version is x32 18CN44WW (V2.53).
Since I'm going to upgrade the Wi-Fi card I have to use a modded one.

So I'm kindly asking you if is it possible to have this bios image modded by removing the Whitelist.
Another modded image was uploaded in this same post some months ago, but it was another version and I'd prefer to have mine since I know it'll surely work.
I have x86 Windows 10. I'm going to install 4965AGN Intel Wireless card.
Original file is here:
https://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Dr...V2.53).exe

I think the bios image is BIOS.wph but I'm not sure.

Then I have a question: since it's an .exe file, can I replace the BIOS.wph file with the modded one, and then run the .exe as if it was untouched?
Thank you a lot!
find
quote
#93
Hello,
I have this ancient laptop and the performance of the WiFi card is dreadful, so I'd like to update to something newer...but Lenovo block it from BIOS if I use any other PCIe WiFi card. Is there a way to get rid of this whitelist?.

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies - 05/05/2010 - 18CN45WW(V2.54)
BIOS Size: 2048 KBytes


Thank you.
find
quote
#94
Hi, i'm asking for help to remove the whitelist from my Lenovo G550 bios (v2.53), because i want to change the wifi card and upgrade it. Hope you can help me. Thanks.
find
quote
#95
(06-19-2021, 08:15 PM)Dr_Peter107 Wrote: i want to change the wifi card and upgrade it.
At the very bottom of post 88, all this time the mod has already been ready to download.
find
quote
#96
They could do step by step how to install it I'm confused, Use rufus to create a bootable USB in freeDOS Then I put the files from the MODIFIED WLIST X64 folders All copy to usb with freeDOS
find
quote
#97
Hello!

I need help to obtain a modified BIOS for LENOVO G550, removing the white list and being able to use a Wi-Fi card with dual-band technology.

Thank you for your kind support.

Type: Phoenix BIOS /ACPI 2.0
Vendor LENOVO
Version: 18CN47WW (V2.56)
Size 2048K
Date 04/18/2011

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/tOP6...wLNJw2IkFQ
find
quote
#98
(09-16-2023, 04:24 PM)mikecroxoft Wrote: Hello!

I need help to obtain a modified BIOS for LENOVO G550, removing the white list and being able to use a Wi-Fi card with dual-band technology.

Thank you for your kind support.

Type: Phoenix BIOS /ACPI 2.0
Vendor LENOVO
Version: 18CN47WW (V2.56)
Size 2048K
Date 04/18/2011

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/tOP6...wLNJw2IkFQ

how to update to BIOS Version 18CN47WW(V2.56) ???

Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)