Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425677
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310644
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#91
(01-02-2014, 09:18 PM)sovem Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 11:01 AM)mhk Wrote: Thanks.
I get the following error:
PDR Region does not exist.
GBE Region does not exist.

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.

I've tried twice with FreeDOS and MS-DOS and I get the same error. How do I fix this problem? Lenovo distributes BIOS updates for installation via Windows, maybe I will have to install it from Windows? What do I do?

Thanks again for your time.
-mhk

Flash from PURE DOS and Post scrennshot please.

Thanks for your reply.

I pressed Enter to flash after the Error and it worked perfectly, I'm now using my new Wi-Fi card.

Thanks a lot for helping me, sovem Big Grin
-mhk
find
quote
#92
Lenovo G500 59403743 whitelist removal (Model w/ i3110m 2.4ghz & ATI HD8570m)

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: G500 (with discrete graphics)
BIOS Version: 78CN24WW (V2.02)
Bios Type : InsydeH20 EFI

BIOS Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6133....02%29.rom

old card: Atheros AR9485WB-EG
new card: Atheros AR9285

I've tried to use different modded bios from here, but I found some issues (like no videocard management)

Thanks in advance for your great work!

I really like this place.
find
quote
#93
(01-06-2014, 05:03 AM)iceace Wrote: Lenovo G500 59403743 whitelist removal (Model w/ i3110m 2.4ghz & ATI HD8570m)

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: G500 (with discrete graphics)
BIOS Version: 78CN24WW (V2.02)
Bios Type : InsydeH20 EFI

BIOS Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6133....02%29.rom

old card: Atheros AR9485WB-EG
new card: Atheros AR9285

I've tried to use different modded bios from here, but I found some issues (like no videocard management)

Thanks in advance for your great work!

I really like this place.

WL removed: Lenovo_G500_78CN24WW_BACKUP_NWL_iceace
http://rghost.net/51438906
Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#94
(01-03-2014, 12:43 AM)phanguin Wrote: looking to replace my wifi chip.

the original bios from lenovo:
http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobi...cn23ww.exe

my backup:
http://rghost.net/51367522

thank you

WL removed: Lenovo_G500_78CN23WW_BACKUP_NWL_phanguin
http://rghost.net/51441007
Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#95
Sad 
Hello need to put my intel centrino wifi card 6230 n advanced , please can anyone help to do white list and enable wi-di in the bios as well , by the way i downloaded the file Lenovo_G500_78CN23WW_BACKUP_NWL_phanguin and flash it and i´ve lost my radeon card from bios at all even in win 8.1 there is only intel hd 4000 recognized.
the link for my original backup of bios is here:
[b]http://uloz.to/xqTardtg/biosbakk-64-rar[/b]

please help fellows thanks a lot
find
quote
#96
need a same ...... the link is dead
find
quote
#97
I have a Lenovo G500 (NOT the 's') and have just ordered an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 to replace the OEM Broadcom 802.11n card.

From my short time of trying to learn about the whitelist, it appears as though there are 2 options:

1) Hack the bios to change the Hardware ID for the current approved card to that of the new card. The downside is that I'll be in the same boat if I ever have to replace that card again.

2) Hack the bios to remove the whitelist check (skip the "halt on unauthorized hardware" message)?

Seems like option #2 really is the best. I attempted to learn how to do the hack myself but can't seem to find the specifics that match the currently released bios (which is 4 mb)

So it sounds like simply pointing to the original BIOS update from Lenovo is all that is needed? If that is the case then the link is:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/download...D=DS036474

...which is version 2.01 (78cn23ww.exe)


According to the BIOS, the brand is Lenovo and I believe the model number is CB23281096


Unless there is more I'm supposed to do?
find
quote
#98
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 Wifi Whitelist Removal:Hi,I have Lenovo G500 model s/n CB26132569, BIOS 78CN23WW ( V2.01 ),EC Version 78EC23WW ( 2.01 ).I bought 512AN-HMW Intel WiFi Link 5100 .In Dell working good but in Lenovo G500 show unautorized.Please help me remove whitelist,because original Broadcom in Lenovo don’t connect over 72mbps .Thank you for any help.
find
quote
#99
Exactly...Only Connects At 72...But I Think You Are Supposed To Post Your Own Request Thread.
find
quote
:Hi,I have Lenovo G500 model s/n CB26132569, BIOS 78CN23WW ( V2.01 ),EC Version 78EC23WW ( 2.01 ).I bought 512AN-HMW Intel WiFi Link 5100 .In Dell working good but in Lenovo G500 show unauthorized.Please help me remove white list,because original Broadcom in Lenovo don’t connect over 72mbps .Thank you for any help.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)