Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424210
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223925
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309550
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61124

[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (20150) CPU support
#1
Hi,
I have Lenovo g580 notebook with intel b820 1.7Ghz and I wanted to ugrade the cpu becose I've seen models with i3-3110m/i3-3120m/i5-3210m processor, all of them with intel hd4000 graphics. So they exist, I bought i3-3110m cpu (most afordable) but it didnt work, I updated BIOS - same thing.

It won't boot to BIOS, its just blank screen (not black), fan goes on, camera and power led's are on;
-its i3-3110m SR0T4
official bios 5ecn96ww.exe from lenovo site which I have, (extract it and choose the file you need, I'm not sure which one is it)
[Image: G580.png]

Please if it's possible to add it to bios so I can use it in my laptop.

EDIT: Its InsydeH2O bios, if it helps
I never say "sorry for bad englesh, 'cose I think my english is awesome" Big Grin


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
Ok, so I added microcodes to my bios rom but I cant flash it, it says something like "Firmware image" is wrong, failed. It comes up in dos classifed as Insyde secure problem. USB ms-dos via flashit didnt wor either, maybe I've done something wrong. Can you please help me or at least point me to where I can find out how to do this?

EDIT: So I followed tutorial which pointed that I should change (/force flash) CPU_MICROCODE=0 to =1 and that was the problem. Changed it back to 0 and flashed it so now Im going to try and change cpu, hope it will work and added appropriate microcode. Smile

reEDIT: Ok, so that didn't work. Help?
find
quote
#3
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (20150) whitelist removal
-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : Lenovo G580 (20150) (Intel Panther Point HM76)
-Bios Revision : BIOS 5ECN96WW(V9.01)
-Bios Type : Insyde Software
-Bios SLIC : not needed
-Bios Link : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobi...cn96ww.exe

BIOS FPT BACKUP - http://rghost.ru/48191475

I'd like to change my CPU on my Lenovo G580 to an Intel Core i7-3610QM (SR0MN) so I need to have the CPU microcode added first Tongue

CPUID: 0306A9h

Thank You!!
find
quote
#4
Hello there,

I don't exactly know how complex is the process of upgrading cpu,
but I understand that it is a good thing to get modded bios before or after.

I have Lenovo G580 20150 with I3 2348m and I want to replace it with I7 3632qm.
It is on the way.

My bios is 5ecn96ww 9.01
from Insyde H20
here should be my backup - backup rghost
original is online somewhere - original rghost
I think advanced tab will be enough for my use,
wifi and other things are just ok.

I would be delighted, if you would help me with this.
In any case thank you for your time.

Mxky
find
quote
#5
sixth series chipsets officially no support third-generation processors.....may have undocumented Support QM67....
but it is a very long work ......likely it will only experimentSmile

User is not welcome on these forums after repeated abuse to site infrastructure and user base.  If you receive any unsolicited messages from a user account claiming to be "Oleh" or acting on behalf of Oleh, please disregard.
find
quote
#6
I am not sure, but I saw this configuration online and local spare parts dealer have good deal for this cpu.
At worst I will return it. So bios is not possible to mod for this case?
find
quote
#7
where you have seen on the Internet?
I understand that for the second and third generation of server processors is a common chipset...but it's server platform .....
You can experiment with laptop....but you must be patient, have HW-programmer and skills) microcode replacement cost is not)))

User is not welcome on these forums after repeated abuse to site infrastructure and user base.  If you receive any unsolicited messages from a user account claiming to be "Oleh" or acting on behalf of Oleh, please disregard.
find
quote
#8
(09-02-2015, 04:56 PM)Oleh Wrote: where you have seen on the Internet?
I understand that for the second and third generation of server processors is a common chipset...but it's server platform .....
You can experiment with laptop....but you must be patient, have HW-programmer and skills) microcode replacement cost is not)))

Here for example - http://www.lenovoshop.cz/lenovo-ideapad-...57573.html

Cpu-z on mine ntb is showing HM67, all cpu sites is telling me it is compatible and I saw on different forum one person
who actually uses it.

I am just wondering, if the bios mod is necessary for this.
find
quote
#9
I'll disappoint .... there are two different G580 Smile

User is not welcome on these forums after repeated abuse to site infrastructure and user base.  If you receive any unsolicited messages from a user account claiming to be "Oleh" or acting on behalf of Oleh, please disregard.
find
quote
#10
I you do the following
- whitelist removal
- Unblocked AES
- Unblocked advanced menu
- Unblocked AES_MSR_0xE2
- new vbios Intel

User is not welcome on these forums after repeated abuse to site infrastructure and user base.  If you receive any unsolicited messages from a user account claiming to be "Oleh" or acting on behalf of Oleh, please disregard.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)