Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 (5ECNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
Yesterday I ran into the whitelist, can it be removed from the BIOS-version I currently have?

Lenovo G780
Model: 2182
BIOS version: 5ECN33WW (v2.03)
Backup made with NEW_BACKUP_FPTs.exe: http://www.ravenslair.nl/files/result.rar
find
quote
Anyone?
find
quote
Can you please remove the whitelist only from my BIOS.
Here's a link to my backup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxrqg0x67xd0fo..._v9.01.ROM

Thanks.
find
quote
Computer info:
Bios:
Insyde
ID: QIWG5
Version: 5ECN96WW(V9.01)
Model:
Lenovo G780 (2182)

Bios backup using "Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0": http://www.mediafire.com/download/6e0y6q....01%29.rom
(also attached, just in-case.)

Need that pesky whitelist removed please!
Any help would be appreciated.

More info: I'm running Windos 8.1 64-bit, if that is important at all.

Since this is new (and honestly a bit scary) to me, how can I restore the original BIOS if anything goes wrong? I've put the ROM onto a formatted USB drive, following the confusing instructions here: http://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/i...-recovery/ , but don't think that's all I need to do.

USB specs:
Capacity: 7.21GB
File System: FAT32
Allocation Unit Size: 4096 bytes
(Not a MS-DOS startup disk. Unable to check box when formatting.)

Thanks for the help!


Attached Files
.zip   LENOVO-5ECN96WW(V9.01).zip (Size: 2.07 MB / Downloads: 19)
find
quote
Ok friend,
Lenovo don't gives good result using Recovery Procedure, so if something goes wrong We can try only by Recovery Mode !
Your Bios Mod NWL + Menu Tabs Unlocked here, follow instructions to flash It from USB Dos Formatted Bootable Stick, copy files into and run Flash.bat :

http://rghost.net/56475689

Let me know
regards

P.S. This Mod is been realized by CodRush's UEFIPatch Tool !!!

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
(06-19-2014, 05:07 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
Lenovo don't gives good result using Recovery Procedure, so if something goes wrong We can try only by Recovery Mode !
Your Bios Mod NWL + Menu Tabs Unlocked here, follow instructions to flash It from USB Dos Formatted Bootable Stick, copy files into and run Flash.bat :

http://rghost.net/56475689

Let me know
regards

P.S. This Mod is been realized by CodRush's UEFIPatch Tool !!!

Hello BDMaster,

I have followed the instructions with the readme and created the bootable drive as instructed. (Image here, settings on the right panel were used to format the drive. http://i.imgur.com/ORplwU3.png )

My problems are as follows...

1. How would I restore the old bios if it does not work? This computer is very important to me, and I want to minimize the risk of turning it into an expensive paperweight.
You mentioned recovery mode, how would I do that? Back up my computer by using a system image? Clone my HDD? Whatever you recommend would be much appreciated. Just want to be prepared if the worst does happen. (Not that I doubt your work, I just doubt myself.)

2. Is anything broken that I should know about? Do I have to keep my current settings in the BIOS or am I free to change them without worry?

I apologize sincerely if I'm rather incompetent when it comes to this, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Obviously the BIOS is not something I am used to, well... working with.

Thank you so much for your help!
find
quote
Ok friend,
this is your Recovery Bios Files for 5ECN96WW Bios, You'll find Original and Extracted Bios
(It's a version Decapsulated working for Recovery Procedure http://rghost.net/52544682 )
It's renamed for Recovery Mode :

http://rghost.net/56480959

Prepare an USB Stick Dos Fat32 Formatted and copy QIWG5.bin file into then use this Procedure :

- Performing the emergency flash:

- Shutdown the netbook (notebook)
- Remove all peripheral devices
- Remove battery, Remove AC power cord
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (battery and AC power still out), then release
- Put the USB Memory Stick in the USB port
- Hold "Fn" + "Esc" and plug the AC power cord in
- Now press the power button (whilst still holding Fn + Esc).
Wait until the fan will run, then release "Fn" + "Esc" keys
- The fan will run for about 2-10 minutes and the USB drive activity LED will blink
- I think the netbook rebooted automatically. If it doesn't, unplug the AC power cord once the fan has turned off

The bios should be updated with the modified BIOS, and boot as per normal.

This is the only way to Recover Bios in case of trouble, if It don't works You have to buy an SPI Programmer with Pomona Soic Clip !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
Is this forum still active? Or do I have to ask elsewhereHuh
(Or am I to impatient?)
find
quote
(06-20-2014, 11:26 AM)bartgrefte Wrote: Is this forum still active? Or do I have to ask elsewhereHuh
(Or am I to impatient?)

Hi friend,
follow instructions to flash your Bios Mod from an USB Stick, run flash.bat :

http://rghost.net/56489263

let me know
Regrds

P.S. Bios Modded based on CodeRush UEFIPatch Tool !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
Thanks Smile , unfortunately I'm getting errors after running flash.bat from the DOS-environment created with Rufus:

PDR Region does not exist
GBE Region does not exist

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.

It says I can continue, but I doubt I should do that with those errors.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)