Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227640
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X230(i) (G2ETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
   
(12-18-2014, 01:41 PM)BDMaster Wrote:
(12-17-2014, 07:27 PM)pooky1102 Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 04:44 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
I need your Firmware FULL_DUMP :

dump your Eeproms :

    --- Flash Devices Found ---
    MX25L6405D    ID:0xC22017    Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
    MX25L3205D    ID:0xC22016    Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

and I will rebuild your Firmware, then allocate your Bios_Region and replace
Bios Mod into It and I lately upload your files to re-write into Eeproms.
Regards

Hi BDMaster,

How do I dump my EEproms / "Firmware FULL_DUMP"? Do I need the EEPROM Programmer first (waiting for it to come in..)?

Yes I know,
i adviced to You as before do anything You have to read all Eeproms !
I will upload quickly your Bios Mod here, but It needs to integrate into
your FULL_DUMP Firmware.
Regards

Okay I did a full dump.

   

download link: here

This is good?
find
quote
Full what ? This is the Bios Region Backup !!! like before !
There needs two files read from any Eerom Chip so :

--- Flash Devices Found ---
MX25L6405D ID:0xC22017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
MX25L3205D ID:0xC22016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

1. 8192 KB MX25L6405D
2. 4096 KB MX25L3205D

Then the wor will be possible !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
(05-06-2015, 08:47 AM)BDMaster Wrote: I have to check the X200 Bios Mod ad compare with X240 then I will comunicate the
differences !
Regards

hi,any messages?
find
quote
(05-08-2015, 02:57 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Full what ? This is the Bios Region Backup !!! like before !
There needs two files read from any Eerom Chip so :

--- Flash Devices Found ---
MX25L6405D ID:0xC22017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
MX25L3205D ID:0xC22016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

1. 8192 KB MX25L6405D
2. 4096 KB MX25L3205D

Then the wor will be possible !
Regards


Sorry I understand now. You need the dump from both files. I only upload Bios region (8192 KB MX25L6405D).

How do I dump (4096 KB MX25L3205D)?
find
quote
You wrote " Waiting for the EEPROM Programmer and SOIC8 Test Clip to come in.... "

So I thinked You are using the SPI Programmer to read the chips !
It's possible only using SPI PGM !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
(05-09-2015, 05:27 AM)BDMaster Wrote: You wrote " Waiting for the EEPROM Programmer and SOIC8 Test Clip to come in.... "

So I thinked You are using the SPI Programmer to read the chips !
It's possible only using SPI PGM !
Regards


Yes I have EEPROM Programmer and SOIC8 Test Clip. I tried to read chip but keep getting error:
   
So I desolder the chip and tried to use SOIC8 Test Clip but same error. I think the SOIC8 Test clip is BAD.

I put chip on PCB and reads good.
Here is file MX25L3205D ID:0xC22016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb) file
find
quote
Here you go :

http://rghost.net/7jVWT6BBb

Let me know
Regards

Donate to me . . . look into my Signature Wink

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
(05-13-2015, 03:31 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Here you go :

http://rghost.net/7jVWT6BBb

Let me know
Regards

Donate to me . . . look into my Signature Wink

Thank you BDMaster!

I flashed the chip, soldered it back to systemboard, and crossed my fingers. Everything works! Big Grin

Transfer speed comparison:

Before @ 144mbps:
   

After @ 866.7mbps:
   

Cheers! Big Grin
find
quote
I want to report success using your methods and files - indirectly. I also used a RasperryPi with a $5 SO8 clip and the flashrom tool.

I'm no x86 guru, but fully understood the rest of the procedure. The part I needed to work out was the actual BIOS modification:
  • I used PhoenixTool to compare the changes between JimmyZ's original upload and BDMaster's modified version of 2.63. I found the 7904 byte module that was changed to remove the whitelist.
  • Next, I analysed a software tool dump of my original Lenovo 2.59 bios and found the same 7904 byte module with the same MD5 as JimmyZ's - different filename though. Finally, I updated to Lenovo's standard 2.64 BIOS, dumped the result and found the same 7904 byte module with the same MD5 and same filename as JimmyZ's. Lenovo apparently doesn't change this code too often.
  • Using PhoenixTool, I merged BDMaster's modified module into my 2.64 dump.
The SO8 clip worked very well for in-circuit programming. I left VCC/3.3V disconnected, using just MISO, MOSI, CLK, CE and GND. These data lines have resistors between the flash chip and the Intel chipset, meaning you will have no problem driving the flash chip directly in-circuit.

The X230 will power up the LAN/flash 3.3V domain with the computer turned off if Wake-On-LAN is active and an AC source is plugged in. You need to activate WoL in the BIOS and (in my experience) plug in a live Ethernet cable. If the X230's RJ45 lights are on then the flash chip will be supplied with a safe 3.3V in the way that Lenovo intended.

PhoenixTool method: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...0#pid62410
RaspberryPi flashrom: https://github.com/bibanon/Coreboot-Thin...spberry-Pi

The standard 8-pin SOP package from the MX datasheet quoted on the Coreboot page applies to the X230.
I tried flashrom SPI speeds of 512KHz and 2048KHz. Both worked 100% reliably.
find
quote
Nice work Wink
Many thanks for your report my friend !!!
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)