Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 29
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317087
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101055
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2520
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40961
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 335
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55307
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6566
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 144
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52174
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167157
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 238
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 140
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6332
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[REQUEST] MCP61PM-AM BIOS Unlock (Acer, Gateway, Emachines)
Hi, i cant verry much English language, but i have motherboard MCP61PM-AM in Acer Aspire E380 with AMD 3800+ X2 64 Athlon :-), i have now bios M61MOD2 or MOD_XT i dont know, but i tested all. I cant change voltage settings more then 1,25 V. I Overclock it on 2,379 with good temperatures - 48 in load and i can use second fan. Please do you know about bios, that can change voltages more then 1,25V? Thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english language. Verry thx
find
I've been searching around for a bios update/unlock for a while now and haven't found anything. I have a gateway GT5654. When I boot to look for the bios at the top of the post screen, it says Phoenix first, but also says Award. I'm not sure which one it is.

I've research the mobo and it's a MCP61PM-AM with this bios update Bios - Intel - ECS-MCP61PM-AM Motherboard - VER.61G114GS From 2010.

I've tried to flash the bios a few times, going through making a bootable flash drive and running the bios update utility, but it's still showing 2007 for the bios on bootup. Along with that, I can't get any more menu options. I've tried looking for modbin as well, but I can't find any links to that anywhere. I found a forum where "King-dubs" was talking about having worked with that mobo and bios, but the two links he had posted in that forum for the modded bios don't work. I was hoping for some help here as I have just gotten back into building comps, and this is my first attempt at overclocking ever. It's not gone well so far.
find
Hello Hellcat1988,

I checked your BIOS and it appears to be an Award BIOS.

I am going to move this thread to the Award Unlocking Requests forum so that it can get more attention from Award BIOS modders.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(07-19-2014, 12:19 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Hellcat1988,

I checked your BIOS and it appears to be an Award BIOS.

I am going to move this thread to the Award Unlocking Requests forum so that it can get more attention from Award BIOS modders.

Thank you. Any help would be appreciated as I recently found my Brisbane version processor is known to have issues with the internal temp sensors. I found this out while trying to find an answer as to why I couldn't get any cpu monitoring software to display temp sensor readings. I found that a program called CPUID HWmonitor is the only program IN windows vista that will show temps for me.

I also found out that a computer fan spinning at full speed CAN take skin off and cut into your fingers if you're not careful when positioning them to try and increase cooling temporarily, no matter how small. Just an F.Y.I for those who might try it in the future.
find
I REALLY wish I knew about the cntl-F1 trick before! I came across it while reading posts about overclocking on here when it was mentioned by "the wiz" in one of his posts. I used the bios that I linked to in my request and it let me into the advanced options. I upped my cpu to 3058.22 mghz by adjusting a few things. I increased something (can't remember what the settings are called off the top of my head) all the way to 250 before it had any problems. Also doubled my mem from 400 to 800.

Once I started getting the beep errors and windows stopped seeing the overclock, I started backing it down. It had a s#% fit and fell in it a couple times, locking on the windows load screen and refusing to load the bios a few times. I cleared the cmos, but that didn't do a dam thing for it.

I eventually restarted it enough times that it got over itself (after jumper clearing the cmos and pulling the batt for about a minute and still not getting a good result) and got it clocked at 240. Stock is 200 btw. I reduced one of the other settings to 4x (did that with my first adjustment to the cpu as I had seen it mentioned in another post) and decided to leave my pcie at 100 when it didn't want to properly load a game I used to test my graphics. I have a VERY old nvidia card that is just barely better than the onboard, but it has it's own memory so I'm not complaining TOO much.

One thing I wasn't expecting to get though, was fan control. When I first started with the board, I couldn't adjust anything with the fans so it wouldn't keep itself cool unless I disabled the smart fan auto control, but then it went to hair dryer noise mode.

I even went so far as to unsolder a few fan headers from old motherboards and make a pwm splitter to use the ONE fan header on the mobo besides the cpu that wasn't stuck at full power, and trying different fan combos/positions in the case. I think I even managed to kill the temp sensor on my graphics card while I was at it because it won't show in HWmonitor anymore.

With the new bios and the cntl trick, I gained access to my fan controls, allowing me to set the min speed the fan would power down to, the max temp before it ramped up, and the scale at which it would increase compared to the temperature increase. The only other header is still stuck at full power for some reason though.

I also gained the option to set a warning temp and shut down temp for the cpu, as well as set a temp offset for a buffer. Remembering back to a post where someone mentioned the Brisbane chips having a temp sensor issue, I set it to +7C and it's working great. I know I need to redo the slightly better than stock copper/alum/4 heat pipe heat-sink and thermal paste that I messed with trying to keep this thing cool, as my 0 core is always hotter than my 1 core, sometimes with a delta of up to 20C.

I'd still like a completely unlocked bios for this board, but right now I'm running vista with 4 sticks of 512meg 400 memory. I have some 1gig sticks coming in the mail in a few days, so for right now I can't take full advantage of the overclock I have, but it's nice to be learning and succeeding in my first overclock thanks to you guys on the forum.
find
I had been up for almost 2 days working on this comp when I made my last post, so please forgive me. It was the CPU Frequency that I upped. and it's only at 235 before it starts having a fit. With the other setting at 4x, my memory is only reading at 382mghz, up from 333. I think some more voltage might allow me to get higher frequency speeds because anything over 235 and the computer doesn't want to load into windows. At 240 and above, I get the 5 beeps with a restart/reset to safe bios settings to boot into windows. I have "cool and quiet" turned off as well, relying on the basic thermal fan control the mobo has.
find
I have more memory and water cooling now, and my computer is raring to go farther. Can someone PLEASE help me with unlocking my bios so I can increase my core voltage and get more out of this computer?
find
I too am wondering about this board. I have the board in a custom case. In Belarc the board is listed as a Gateway gt5656 and the board shows up as Elitegroup MCP61PM-AM 1.0A I wonder what the best CPU is that can be installed. With a BIOS mod how new a CPU can be installed? What progress was made in this? I see TheWiz was helping out in this. What were you able to pull off for this board?
find
ok any unlock would be a step up but what i'm realy want is support for 2GB DDR2 ram.

"http://tinyurl.com/acerbiosE380" this is the bios; the E380 and T180 use the same board.

OK for anyone who may think that such support is imposible listen to this :

the board uses an AM2 socket, those boards (if my memory is correct) don't have a memory controler since it is built in to the CPU. So ram should be handled by cpu not board. the chipset is the same as the MCP61PM-HM that can take the 2GB DDR2 ram. so i'm guessing that the computer won't boot with thoses chips because it ain't programmed to reconise them...

So if my little knowledge of the inner workings of MB's are correct some sort of bios mod should do the trick.
find
Your PC does support up to 4GB of RAM. I have unlocked some settings in this BIOS, try at your own risk http://www.mediafire.com/download/7lhea9...R01-C0.zip
find