Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424232
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223941
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119112
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

[REQUEST] Maingear Vector Pro 17 AMD BIOS unlock
#11
@genius239,

I gave up on trying to modify the signature, it was too complicated, hopefully someone figures this out in the future.

I opened up my laptop and discovered it has a Winbond 25Q80DVNIG chip which looks like it's compatible with flashrom and my CH341A. It appears to be in a SOIC8 package, so we should be good to go. I'd like to proceed with the mod if possible.
find
quote
#12
@razercortex
This 25Q80DVNIG is a 1mb(8Mbits = 1Mbyte) chip ,so it's impossible a bios chip. It may EC or Vbios(<< I think it is).

find
quote
#13
@genius239

I may have found it this time. There was another Winbond Chip underneath the heatsink, model is Winbond 25Q16JWNIQ.
find
quote
#14
@razercortex

This 25Q16JWNIQ should is EC chip instead of bios chip ,as its size is too small. Search number 256xx or 128xx or such as W74M12xxx or W74M25XXX on chip. It may the real bios chip.

find
quote
#15
Sorry, I'm being dumb and didn't realize my file is in megabytes and not megabits ?

I've found the chip that corresponds to what you suggested, you can take a look at the pic. I'm confused as to why AFUWIN says the BIOS Chip is a W25Q/W25X model though.

https://imgur.com/a/OWNXJCW

Here's my own dump from AFUWIN

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wlgpohv8z...n.rom/file
find
quote
#16
@razercortex

1. Ok~you found it ,but the best difficult is how to read/write it. I think your ch341a can't. I only know some more new and more expensive programmer can do it. So ,this is why i can't do any mod for AMD 5xxx series laptops so far.

2. This afuwin dump can't be re-flash via afuwin again ,so it's useless.

find
quote
#17
Hi,

I was able to confirm that my T48 programmer and likely my CH341A programmer will work with my Maingear since Tongfang didn't program an OTP with the W74M12 chip on my system, therefore it acts like a normal W25Q128JW. If someone is able to create a modded BIOS, I'm willing to pay for it.

Here's the link to the dump: https://www.mediafire.com/file/95a2sddwx...3.ROM/file
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)