Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108053
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425652
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227620
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310605
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

[REQUEST] Sony VAIO "S" late 2012 unlocked BIOS
#1
Question 
Hello,

I've been playing around by following this blog's tutorials about modding an Insyde BIOS, but it seems that I lack the skills to make it through. Donovan6000's blog

I would like to have a modded UEFI-BIOS for my laptop. I am looking to remove the whitelist restriction on Wi-Fi & WWAN cards.

This way I could use a newer Wi-Fi card like the Intel 7260AC and maybe be able to use an mSATA SSD in the mPCIE slot of the WWAN.

I would also enjoy having the advanced options into the Advanced menu if possible. I'd also like to see more information on the Main menu, if there are any available.

The advanced features that I'm missing are:

-Numlock state on boot
-SATA ports mode (AHCI/RAID) (this might be in the Main menu)
-USB3.0 ports mode (Smart Auto/force xHCI)
-USB charging while system is shutdown
-Fingerprint reader (Enable/Disable)
-Intel Smart Connect Technology
-Intel Rapid Start Technology
-Power supply warning/health check (if there are any)
-Function key behavior
-Wake on LAN (this might be in the Main menu)
-Integrated GPU memory size

The Main menu informations are:

-CPU model
-CPU serial number (if this can even be read, I have no clue)
-CPU frequency
-HDD model
-HDD serial number
-DVD model
-VBIOS version

Make: Sony
Model: SVS13A290S (Canadian version of the USA's SVS13A290X, only the keyboard layout is different)
BIOS version: R1021C8 link to ROM

Here is the result.rar file after executing FPTs.

Here are the current screenshots of my UEFI-BIOS:

Main menu
Advanced menu
Security menu
Boot menu
Exit menu

Thanks in advance,
Guizmo
find
quote
#2
Hi friend,
I will give a look to It !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Thank you,
Guizmo
find
quote
#4
Hello BDMaster,

Just wondering if you have had the time to take a look at it?

Thanks,
Guizmo
find
quote
#5
(06-22-2015, 11:55 AM)GuizmoPhil Wrote: Hello BDMaster,

Just wondering if you have had the time to take a look at it?

Thanks,
Guizmo

Hi Guizmo,

I am really interesting this BIOS system. I have one SSD in new s13 which is DIY by myself. However the SATA3 is locked by SONY. So if you could remind me at yockyhsiang@gmail.com when you get the unlocked BIOS. That will be really help.

Thanks a lot,
Yocky
find
quote
#6
You have to use this tool run It as Admin and upload the result file here :

http://rghost.net/7xBfRPCvp

http://rghost.net/53128665

Let me kknow
regards

P.S. Upload the Screenshots on Rghost or Sendspace Servers !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
(06-25-2015, 05:33 AM)BDMaster Wrote: You have to use this tool run It as Admin and upload the result file here :

http://rghost.net/7xBfRPCvp

http://rghost.net/53128665

Let me kknow
regards

P.S. Upload the Screenshots on Rghost or Sendspace Servers !

Thanks for the reply BDMaster.

I've been quite busy with work, so I just had the time to come by and just saw your message.

Here's the results.rar file from the Backup Tools v1.2.
http://rghost.net/6bpsYXTGh

I saw some yellow and red text while it was running.


As for the other one, it cannot identify the BIOS, I cannot do anything with it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Phil
find
quote
#8
Ok We can try this mods :

Form Sets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offset: Title:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x28FA4 Power (0x261)
0x2B474 Advanced (0x27)
0x39FB4 AUTO: Auto detect the Azalia codec. DISABLED: Disable the Azalia controller can be selectable. (0x64)
0x3AC84 Int-LVDS (0x46)
0x3B134 352 MB (0x1B)
0x3B3C4 FIS-Port Multiplier (0x92)

07C3 : 75 19 to 75 00 jnz short loc_1800007DE to jnz $+2
07D3 : 75 09 to 75 00 jnz short loc_1800007DE to jnz $+2
07DC : EB C0 to EB 00 jmp short loc_18000079E to jmp $+2

To reflash the Bios Mod We need to use FPT as your Bios is Capsulated and RSA signed !
So You can use this one flashing from DOS Pure by USB Stick (prepared by Rurfus tool) !

http://rghost.net/7FlVwBpyN

I will upload the Setuputility EFI IFR txt file so You will look for your Variables to un-hide !
If You will wait I will check about the WL issue so let me know which error is displayed
when try to Boot with new WiFi Card !

Let me know
Regards

Asl to Oleh What has He done so far Wink ?

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#9
(08-14-2015, 09:14 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok We can try this mods :

Form Sets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offset: Title:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x28FA4 Power (0x261)
0x2B474 Advanced (0x27)
0x39FB4 AUTO: Auto detect the Azalia codec. DISABLED: Disable the Azalia controller can be selectable. (0x64)
0x3AC84 Int-LVDS (0x46)
0x3B134 352 MB (0x1B)
0x3B3C4 FIS-Port Multiplier (0x92)

07C3 : 75 19 to 75 00 jnz short loc_1800007DE to jnz $+2
07D3 : 75 09 to 75 00 jnz short loc_1800007DE to jnz $+2
07DC : EB C0 to EB 00 jmp short loc_18000079E to jmp $+2

To reflash the Bios Mod We need to use FPT as your Bios is Capsulated and RSA signed !
So You can use this one flashing from DOS Pure by USB Stick (prepared by Rurfus tool) !

http://rghost.net/7FlVwBpyN

I will upload the Setuputility EFI IFR txt file so You will look for your Variables to un-hide !
If You will wait I will check about the WL issue so let me know which error is displayed
when try to Boot with new WiFi Card !

Let me know
Regards

Asl to Oleh What has He done so far Wink ?

I'm a newbie here. I'm trying to mod my sony bios as you suggest.
These are the steps I've followed:

1) I've used Rurfus tool for the USB Stick.
2) I've done a backup of the original bios using these commands: FPT.exe -d biosbackup.bin -bios

and now? What I've to do? I suppose to modify the offsets, but how I can do it?
Thanks a lot
--
Sonyac
find
quote
#10
Use this tool PMT263 to extract Bios :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

Or CodeRush UEFITool 0.2.5 :

https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/rel...tag/0.20.8

Then find the Module Setuputility and modify values at offsets !

FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_765.ROM

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)