Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 52
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221990
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118889
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6638
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 263
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308922
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61713
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 448
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20093
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168788
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6126
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 659
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5618
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60916
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274801
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24733

[REQUEST] ThinkPad X1 Carbon (20A7 & 20A8, GRETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#1
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj15us.exe
GRET42WW
Version 1.19
Lenovo X1 Carbon 20A7
Main device ID: 8086:08b2
Subsystem ID: 8086:c270

I would like to replace the NGFF Intel 7260AC card with a Broadcom device that is likely not in the whitelist and would very much appreciate a version of the BIOS without the hardware whitelist. If there's anything I can do to assist, please let me know!
find
quote
#2
(12-18-2014, 11:13 PM)sjonet Wrote: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj15us.exe
GRET42WW
Version 1.19
Lenovo X1 Carbon 20A7
Main device ID: 8086:08b2
Subsystem ID: 8086:c270

I would like to replace the NGFF Intel 7260AC card with a Broadcom device that is likely not in the whitelist and would very much appreciate a version of the BIOS without the hardware whitelist. If there's anything I can do to assist, please let me know!

Hi friend,
use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/58219938

use this too and to the same :

http://rghost.net/53128665

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(12-19-2014, 06:54 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(12-18-2014, 11:13 PM)sjonet Wrote: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj15us.exe
GRET42WW
Version 1.19
Lenovo X1 Carbon 20A7
Main device ID: 8086:08b2
Subsystem ID: 8086:c270

I would like to replace the NGFF Intel 7260AC card with a Broadcom device that is likely not in the whitelist and would very much appreciate a version of the BIOS without the hardware whitelist. If there's anything I can do to assist, please let me know!

Hi friend,
use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/58219938

use this too and to the same :

http://rghost.net/53128665

Let me know
Regards


The result for the first tool is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/g8q3zn
The result for the second is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/f4iwv8 (note that the tool couldn't automatically detect the BIOS size, so I just chose 16MB)

Is there anything else I could do for you? Thanks!
find
quote
#4
(12-19-2014, 11:17 AM)sjonet Wrote:
(12-19-2014, 06:54 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(12-18-2014, 11:13 PM)sjonet Wrote: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj15us.exe
GRET42WW
Version 1.19
Lenovo X1 Carbon 20A7
Main device ID: 8086:08b2
Subsystem ID: 8086:c270

I would like to replace the NGFF Intel 7260AC card with a Broadcom device that is likely not in the whitelist and would very much appreciate a version of the BIOS without the hardware whitelist. If there's anything I can do to assist, please let me know!

Hi friend,
use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/58219938

use this too and to the same :

http://rghost.net/53128665

Let me know
Regards


The result for the first tool is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/g8q3zn
The result for the second is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/f4iwv8 (note that the tool couldn't automatically detect the BIOS size, so I just chose 16MB)

Is there anything else I could do for you? Thanks!

Here You go :

http://rghost.net/59812321

Let me know
Regards

P.S. if It will work well and You want Donate to help me . . . look into my Signature Wink 
Merry Xmas

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
Thank you so much for the help! Unfortunately when I try to run flash.bat I receive a message stating "Not found the Phoenix flash SMI communication area!". I saw from another thread that pflash is used with AMD chips; I have an Intel Core i5. Is there some method of using the bios.bin file that you provided with the FPT tool I see mentioned? Thank you again!

For what it's worth, if I try to run FPT.exe -I from the FreeDOS boot media that Rufus created, I'm met with "Error 201: [FPT.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor."

Running PRR before that doesn't seem to help, either.
find
quote
#6
Hey there! Sorry about replying out of the thread before, but I'm actually getting somewhere! I found version 9.5.1.1458 of FPT, which does NOT give me the Error 201 message. When I go to flash the BIOS file you gave me, though, I get a size mismatch:

Warning: The file does not contain enough data to completely fill the target write area! Continuing will truncate the Write Length to the File Length!
File: bios.bin
File Length: 4194304
Write Length: 6815744

Per your signature, I'm not going to flash this file. Would you be willing to create one with the appropriate write length for me to try? Thank you again so much; I sent a little money your way for the trouble!
find
quote
#7
Hi friend,
where is new Backup Bios to mod ?
I will prepare It quickly !!!
let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#8
Which tool should I run to give you the proper dump? I could try using FPT if you want, but I'll need the proper syntax. Thanks!
find
quote
#9
(12-20-2014, 09:00 AM)sjonet Wrote: Which tool should I run to give you the proper dump? I could try using FPT if you want, but I'll need the proper syntax. Thanks!

Ok friend,
FPT (Intel tool is the best one) from CLI run this comand :

fptw.exe -d bios.bin -bios (32 Bits)

fptw64.exe -d bios.bin -bios (32 Bits)

then upload file here !
Regards

P.S. option are meny but -d = Read Region -f = Write Region -bios = Region Bios !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#10
See attached! This is getting exciting!
[attachment=7557]
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)