Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Last Post: Tim82
Today 09:08 AM
» Replies: 508
» Views: 101031
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2516
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40958
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 331
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55301
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64127
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 88
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52167
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167117
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 236
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317054

[REQUEST] Toshiba Qosmio X505 Q860/Q887 advanced bios mod
Hi !

I upgraded my cpu from i5 430 M to a i7 920 XM and have some issues with overheating . Need advanced options in bios !
find
Hello mpots,

Could you provide a link to your BIOS please?

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(05-31-2014, 06:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello mpots,

Could you provide a link to your BIOS please?

~Steven

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/...33v290.exe
find
Hello mpots,

Sorry for the long response time. I got sidetracked with several end of the year finals and projects. The school year is over now, so I have about 3 months of time over summer break to mod BIOS's. Smile

I will upload your modified BIOS image in a few minutes. I have added the INTEL Menu. Right now I am verifying the image (I cannot view it in PBE as it is too new, so I have to use a hex editor). After I am done with the verification, I will create the BIOS mod documentation and then upload it. Thank you for your patience.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello mpots,

Here is the modified TZ1H_290 BIOS image:

.rar   TZ1H_290.rar (Size: 1.1 MB / Downloads: 222)

The modified BIOS image is named "TZ1H_290_mod.WPH".
The "README.txt" file included in the archive contains important info about this BIOS mod as well as the usual disclaimers/warnings.
I have verified that this image is safe to flash (assuming that the image that you linked to is the exact BIOS version that is currently in your notebook).

Please remember to post your results once you flash.
Archive MD5 Hash (According to DigitalVolcano's Hash Tool v1.1): 5bcd081558557304a90b08ecc7010ffe

~Steven

www find
A Big Thanks to Sml6397, i have same overheating problem with this laptop (Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860).
I flashed and made thermal setting my laptop with this mod, but the fan behavior still same and laptop automatically dead if GPU temp at 90 degrees C, my GPU when idle at 40's and when playing 3D graphics it increase in several seconds until dead (last seen temp is 89).
Max fan speed seen at Toshiba Health Monitor capped 80%-81% even temp getting 80's degrees, wondering there are fan speed settings still hidden at Bios Hex.
find
Hello izoel,

You are welcome for the BIOS mod!

89 Degrees is Very HOT!

Here are some questions that will help in the diagnosis of your issue:
• Did you add a dedicated video card to this notebook or did it come with it? If it did come with it, then there is a chance that there are already BIOS settings for this, but they are hidden. If you added it, it is very unlikely that there are BIOS settings for this.

I have never actually dealt with this issue before (my laptop does not have a dedicated GPU), but I will try to help you to the best of my abilities.

~Steven

Did this issue happen to your CPU as well in the past before the BIOS mod and settings change?

Also, how long has it been since you last cleaned out your notebook's vents? Are you using this computer on the carpet or in some other position where it cannot get proper ventilation?

(07-01-2014, 01:10 PM)izoel Wrote: A Big Thanks to Sml6397, i have same overheating problem with this laptop (Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860).
I flashed and made thermal setting my laptop with this mod, but the fan behavior still same and laptop automatically dead if GPU temp at 90 degrees C, my GPU when idle at 40's and when playing 3D graphics it increase in several seconds until dead (last seen temp is 89).
Max fan speed seen at Toshiba Health Monitor capped 80%-81% even temp getting 80's degrees, wondering there are fan speed settings still hidden at Bios Hex.

www find
Hello Steven,

Video card is 360M it came with the notebook, it consist of 2 fans 1 for Cpu & 1 for Gpu, i did mod the video bios fan speed setting 90% min and 100% max with Nibitor, but both fans still run at same max 80% speed.
I tested cpu and gpu stress test separately, cpu test shown increasing fan speed because cpu get higher temp but gpu stress test doesn't make fan speed increase then under 10 seconds my notebook dead. IMO, the fans control only get temp info from cpu and the 80% fans speed cap somewhere in Bios hex.

This issue happen before the Bios mod and i just clean up my notebook fans kit, ventilation and re-paste the heatsink.
Yes, i'm using cooling pad with good air circulation.
find
Hello izoel,

I am wondering if this could be a power issue. It probably is not, but it is not a bad idea to rule out the possibility.

Try the stress test after doing the following:

1.) Set the screen to the lowest brightness.

2.) Disconnect all external devices.

3.) Make sure that your notebook battery is fully charged and that the AC power adapter is properly connected to the notebook.

4.) Kill all unnecessary processes.

5.) Anything else that you think would increase available power.

I don't think that this is the issue, but I want to rule it out.

There could also be a Windows (or other application's) setting that controls the GPU fan. Check power management for more information.

Also, some of the BIOS settings that are set to show up in your BIOS menu may not actually appear to you. This is due to a function/routine that tells the BIOS to hide the setting. These functions can be removed, but this type of mod is somewhat new to me.

I cannot view this BIOS image in PBE emulator, because it is too new. I am going to use a hex editor to figure out what each of the settings in your graphics menu should be. When I am done, I will upload a text file with a list of settings. I am going to need you to tell me which settings show up and which settings do not. You could also take a picture of the menu and upload it here.

Another question: Are you sure that the GPU fan is actually running? Put your hand over the GPU vent (don't cover it though) and feel how much air is actually coming out of it.

One more test: Try running the stress test with the CPU and GPU simultaneously. Make absolutely certain that the CPU is at maximum stress. If it is actually reading from the CPU temp, the GPU fan should also increase in speed. Another way to test this is to ask the following question: When you perform CPU intensive tasks, do both fans increase in speed?

~Steven

I just found an "OverClocking Performance Sub-Menu" that was hidden (not linked) in your BIOS. I thought that you might be interested in this, so I decided to add it to your INTEL Menu.

Here is a list of all of the sub-menus that should appear under the INTEL Menu:
Quote:Menu Order:

CPU Control Sub-Menu
Clarksfield MRC/QPI.Clarksfield Memory Sub-Menu
MCH Control Sub-Menu
Video (Intel IGD) Control Sub-Menu
PCH Control Sub-Menu
ACPI Control Sub-Menu
Thermal Configuration
PCI HotPlug Resource Changed Sub-Menu

~Steven

www find
Hello izoel,

I also found several voltage settings in your BIOS. One of these settings is titled "Memory Voltage:". This setting is not linked in your BIOS, so I could put it under a custom menu.

I am not currently sure what goes under the Overclocking menu, so I will have to do some more investigating before I can give you a BIOS mod. The menu may not even have a pre-built setup table. I will probably have to build one.

www find