Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424131
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309501
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

Recovering From A Bad Award Bios Flash
#21
(04-04-2010, 11:35 AM)banana19 Wrote: you flashed a mini-itx board... not good. I feel for you, but it may be time for a new board.

Nick

the worste thing is that, before flashing the mod bios, I tried to flash the orignal bios, and all works ok; the system reboot normally when I press F1 key.....
find
quote
#22
(04-04-2010, 11:48 AM)Eddie666 Wrote:
(04-04-2010, 11:35 AM)banana19 Wrote: you flashed a mini-itx board... not good. I feel for you, but it may be time for a new board.

Nick

the worste thing is that, before flashing the mod bios, I tried to flash the orignal bios, and all works ok; the system reboot normally when I press F1 key.....

the best you can do now is call the manufacturer to see if they have any way you can recover the bios. (tell them it failed when you flashed thier bios, not the modded one) otherwise unfortunatly its spare parts.

Nick
find
quote
#23
(04-04-2010, 12:00 PM)banana19 Wrote: the best you can do now is call the manufacturer to see if they have any way you can recover the bios. (tell them it failed when you flashed thier bios, not the modded one) otherwise unfortunatly its spare parts.

Nick

yes: I did it and I'm waiting for the reply. thanks Wink

Andrea
find
quote
#24
I'm looking for the bios chip which is mounted on my motherboard: I found this sticker on it

[Image: 20100414103937_Foto1036.jpg]

this coul be the bios chip?

thanks

[Image: 20100414103952_Foto1038.jpg]
find
quote
#25
(04-14-2010, 04:02 AM)Eddie666 Wrote: I'm looking for the bios chip which is mounted on my motherboard: I found this sticker on it

[Image: 20100414103937_Foto1036.jpg]

this coul be the bios chip?

thanks

[Image: 20100414103952_Foto1038.jpg]

looks right. your is not socketed thou.
find
quote
#26
Thanks to commell tech support I've found the bios chip:

[Image: dscn1178u.jpg]

could you reprogram it, if I soldered out?

thanks
find
quote
#27
Finding someone to replace a soldered chip is nearly impossible.
I would take a good look at this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500044&cm_re=mini_itx-_-13-500-044-_-Product

it doesnt boot at all right?

Nick
find
quote
#28
hi all ...
ive just brick'd my gigabyte ga-ep43-ds3 with a original bios modded with modbin6.
the misstake was making nearly all options for the ram dividers available... *lol*
the board is trapped in on-reset-on-reset (not off!) while trying to set the corrupt ram setting thats not supported by the memory or memory controller ...

i short circuit the main bios, but no chance ... the short circuit causes an (in this case wanted) checksum error on the main bios and the board switchs to the backup - usually ... but not in my case ..

ive ordered already an another board and will fetch it this afternoon, but maybe somebody from here have an idea how to unbrick the old board, so i can sell it and the costs for the new one are not so high...

and yes ... really nice noob-work ... Big Grin
but i rather laugh then cry, even when the new board costs 90 bucks i havent atm ...

best regards!
degage


Edit:
i will try to solder out the main bios and replace it with the backup ...
imho its the only chance dont to spend to much money (need tools ... ) and time ...
find
quote
#29
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/misc.php?...hipprogram
this link is dead and goes to a white page
find
quote
#30
I updated the link on the first page. Easiest way to get there is the link on the website header.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)