Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424209
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223918
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169171
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61124

[Removed] HP Pavilion dv7t-6100 (dv7t Quad Edition) Wi-fi Whitelist (RSA)
#1
Hello!

I have a fairly new HP Pavilion dv7t-6100 (dv7t Quad Edition) notebook that needs a whitelist mod. I am fairly certain it is an RSA-signed BIOS based off what I read in the sticky. I am willing to take the risk, test, and agree to the terms.

I am looking to throw this in the garbage:
Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN (stock)
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_13158086&REV_00

and I want to use this:
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

Sorry, I don't have any device ID information for this card.

Here is a link to the BIOS I am using:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54024.exe

Please let me know if there is any more information you need.

Thanks you for all your help. You do a great job from what I've read here already!

Jeremy
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Tell me the result Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Thank you! I will try it tonight when I get home from work.
find
quote
#4
I get some error message when trying to flash your BIOS:

1) DLL: Turn off DTS not support!

2) Turn off DTS error

3) InsydeFlash does not support this platform. Please use Insyde IHISI Flash.

I can flash fine using the official HP BIOS; no errors.
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

Thanks!
find
quote
#5
open platform.ini file with text editor.

locate
[ApplicationFlash]
flag=x


and if flag is 1 change to 0 and try again.
Or download it again, i reuploaded fixed.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
Worked like a charm after changing the ApplicationFlash flag value to 0! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

http://screencast.com/t/bhDYmHSdSLiS
find
quote
#7
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
(10-18-2011, 04:34 PM)camiloml Wrote: Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

Also works on my dv7T6100 with the F.1 Bios. I am now happily using an Intel 6300 WLAN card. Thank you so much 'camiloml'.

Getting a 2x2 or 3x3 Intel dual band N card was impossible with HP's horrible parts department. I got fed up with them sending me the wrong cards and not correcting their part identification inventory problem. I hope I will be able to continue using the 6300 if there is a BIOS update in the future, and this wonderful forum updates the white list elimination BIOS mod. I donated to both the forum and 'camiloml'.Smile
find
quote
#9
Thank you very much, evey single donation is highly appreciated Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#10
I also want to enable the use of the 6300 advanced N, but when I tried to install I got a BIOS update failed message after restart...and is the installer supposed to be in spanish..?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)