Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Wise Referral Code [BRISHABHS]: Claim Yo...
Last Post: uma123
Today 05:59 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wise Referral Code [BRISHABHS] USA: Get ...
Last Post: uma123
Today 05:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Wise Referral Code [BRISHABHS]: Get...
Last Post: uma123
Today 05:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
{Verified}"^ Wise Referral Code [BRISHAB...
Last Post: uma123
Today 05:54 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Wise Referral Code [BRISHABHS] USA: Get ...
Last Post: uma123
Today 05:52 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Wise Referral Code [BRISHABHS]: Get Free...
Last Post: uma123
Today 05:50 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
{"Viral"} ➤ Free Wise Referral Code [BRI...
Last Post: uma123
Today 05:49 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6501
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308125
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61520
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19926
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168356
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5950
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5459
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60693
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274645
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630

[Removed, sp55068] Remove Whitelist for hp dv6-6153CA
#1
Hi,
I have had terrible reception with my Intel 1030n wifi card in my new hp dv6-6153CA. I got a new wifi card from the hp store as recommended by hp support. This was a 602993-001 : Realtek 8188BC8 802.11a/b/g/n 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter.

When I installed the card today the BIOS reported that the card was not supported. (error 702).

Sorry to make a short story long; is there a workaround or patch for this?

The BIOS is F.1B. It is the latest download for this laptop from the hp site.

Thanks,
Curtis
find
quote
#2
Yes, and now i waste my time surfing HP page Smile

Don't be lazy, post here the direct link to download the bios, i have better things to do other than surf hp page.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Hi, and sorry for the trouble. This is the copied link to the bios download:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe

It is found on the web page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-100034-1&cc=ca&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5118741&sw_lang=

Thanks for your time,
Curtis
find
quote
#4
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
Camilo,
Thanks for the file.
Once I start the program it seems to go well and the laptop reboots to start the update but then reports a fail in the BIOS update. The laptop then reboots without installing your BIOS.

All the best,
Curtis
find
quote
#6
Did you delete/rename HP_TOOLS partition before flashing the mod? Did you read the sticky threads? Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
Hi,
I deleted the hp tools partition and rebooted. I read the stickies. I ran your bios program and restarted. Restart failed with a blank screen. Tried several restarts with new and old wifi cards. Failure.
Cleared CMOS by pulling battery. Restarted. BIOS startup reported invalid bios check sum and reset setting. Successfull boot to descktop.

Oh well.

Curtis
find
quote
#8
hmmmm, flash original to avoid the blank screens Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
Camilo,
I flashed it back with the latest hp BIOS. Is there anything else to try to get rid of this whitelist so that I can use my dual band wifi card?

Thanks,
Curtis
find
quote
#10
Sure, just gimme a few time Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)