Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424467
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309728
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169326
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[Removed, sp55068] Remove Whitelist for hp dv6-6153CA
#31
Look for the driver using goggle and the pci id

VEN_10EC&DEV_xxxx

Change xxxx with your dev id before query google Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#32
Camilo,
Thanks for the advice, it did flag a driver that way and it installed ok (via hp download). The device is visible and shows working ok in the Device Manager but in the Connections Manager it shows the device as not on. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, resetting the bios befaults, called hp support, chatted with hp support, called hp store, searched google/threads, pushed the now orange WLAN on/off button on the f12 key, switched the two antenna wires.... Still I can't get the card to power on.

I guess this is now out of your area?

Thanks,
Curtis
find
quote
#33
Not that far Smile

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-RE...est?page=3

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#34
Camilo,
I had a look at the link you provided but I cannot follow how I could get my card to power on form the information listed. I still don't know where the problem is. It seems strange for the card to show up ok in the device manager but not be able to turn it on in the network control pannel or by using the f12 wifi on button.

All the best,
Curtis
find
quote
#35
lol.

You need to tap pin 20 of the PCIe slot (in the wifi card, see photo on link i posted) using a little bit of electrical isolation tape before inserting the card in the slot. That will prevent the board to manage radio power from card and will be always on. Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#36
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#37
Camilo,
Thanks for the work. Hopefully in the future I will be able to find a way to control the chip normally without the pin tap.

All the best,
Curtis
find
quote
#38
Hello Camiloml,

you might insert a device id / id sub -sistem in Whitelist,
replacing it with another?

I would have PCI\VEN_168C&002bSUBSYS_10891A3B&REV_01

instead of 14e4: 4727

This, to have to work the wifi atheros AR9285, instead of the Broadcom 4313.

With your modified bios, I can not change the bios setting for video card, otherwise I get CMOS error

I would be happy to try, if this is possible

thanks

______________________
HP DV7-6190SL
Audio : Intel Cougar Point 2805:8086 codec IDT 92HD81B1X5 111d:7605
CPU : Core i7-2630QM 2 Ghz (busratio=20)
Hard disk : 500gb
Memory Ram : 8192MB DDR3-SDRAM(2x4gb)
Video Card : Intel® HD3000 Mobile 0116:8086, Ati HD6770m 2GB Gddr5 6740:1002
DVD-Rom Drive : CDDVDW TS-L633J TOSHIBA MK5061GSYN
Monitor :17 inches- 1600x900
NIC : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Wireless : Atheros Ar9285
find
quote
#39
camiloml, thanx a million , you r the man
now it worked fine the modded bios 4 my dv6 6170 , i really guys i cant thank you enough , i hope u axebt me as ur libyan friend
anyway thank u brelliant heads

LSD+THC=JimmyMX
find
quote
#40
I'm so frustrated right now and don't know what to do....

I used this version of the bios on my dv7-6187cl. It now boots with the new card in, but only shows or allows the bluetooth only, not the wireless. I could care less about the bluetooth, and more about the wireless.

Any thoughts or ideas?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)