Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3567
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223996
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6749
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309583
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169180
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61132

[Request] Alienware Aurora R4 bios
#1
I've received my Alienware Aurora R4 last week but the guys from AW have decided to put the vcore at 1.4V which is ridiculously high when running at stock speeds.
Most of the offset voltage settings are available in the bios menu but they've hidden the Core Voltage setting so I can't lower it to save power and keep the system cooler.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me get this option back so I can lower the vcore setting.

The bios can be downloaded from Dell: Alienware Aurora R4 bios A03

Thanks in advance
find
quote
#2
Hello. Can anyone help me with extracting the BIOS from this exe? 
I've tried MMTools, PhoenixTools, UniExtract, CBROM, 7zip, /writeromfile, /writehdrfile and I simply cannot get the bios image out of this exe file.
How do I get the image extracted?

Once I've gotten the bios image, I will add updated microcode via UBU.
Is it also possible to get the microcode from another bios and add it to the Aurora R4 A11 bios?
I want the microcode from the Z9PE-D8 WS 5802 bios because the processor I will use works perfectly on that board with that bios (ver 5802).

P.S. The processor I will use is the E5-2687W V2 ES, labelled 'QE2T' 3.2Ghz. L2 stepping.

Aurora R4 A11 bios download: Aurora R4 A11 bios (exe)
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS 5802 bios download: Z9PE-D8 WS 5802 bios (rar)

Any help is appreciated.
find
quote
#3
https://mega.nz/#!74phVTqT!Y98cOvCw80bDS...zpaM6_q0GE


Bios file and microcode file

find
quote
#4
(01-28-2017, 02:18 AM)genius239 Wrote: https://mega.nz/#!74phVTqT!Y98cOvCw80bDS...zpaM6_q0GE
Bios file and microcode file

Wow. I did not expect someone to respond to quickly to my request.
Thank you very, very much! I'll let you know if things work out.

Btw, may I know how you were able to extract the bios image? I'm curious.
find
quote
#5
I analysed this exe and extracted it by an hex editor ,i found there are two gzip files on this exe file.
One is a11.bin ,another is me.bin , i think this utility also update mei area.
Here is mei file.
https://mega.nz/#!D8JjHZDT!QnCmzPBYVScs7...vkn7gRmuho

find
quote
#6
Hello everyone!

I'd like to enable VT-d and IOMMU on an Alienware Aurora R4.  I extracted the firmware from the updater ( https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0187328...R4_A11.exe ) using "binwalk -e".

Code:
sudo apt install binwalk
binwalk -e ./AuroraR4_A11.exe
md5sum ./_AuroraR4_A11.exe.extracted/a11.bin

Results were
Code:
ba75cf54bf7b04a994c2772f92cc2eca  ./_AuroraR4_A11.exe.extracted/a11.bin

I can open a11.bin with UEFITool and MMTool 4.50.0.23.  What can I modify to enable all menus?  Is there a tutorial that can explain this?

Thanks for your help!   Smile
find
quote
#7
All that hassle previously to get the files from this, all you had to do is run the exe and get files from temp folder
Please zip me images of all BIOS main sections (one each of Main, Advanced, etc)

Sorry, not sure about any exact guides, I see magic String in Setup PE32 module, that may work to enable menus all by itself, or it may need AMIBCP edits on top of that. Hard to know without seeing others comments on what they've tried that failed. Surely, there is already an unlocked BIOS for this system, or at least some other thread where people discussed, attempted etc

If you just need Vt-D and IOMMU enabled, you can do that via grub using setup_var

Vt-d is in BIOS twice, but using same VarStoreInfo so I'll only add one instance below truncated to avoid confusion

One Of: Intel® VT-d, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x18D
One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default) {09 0E 04 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 {09 0E 03 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}

Here is general guide on using setup_var, for another purpose, but it will help you see how it works and get things going on your end
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page - https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-needed-Hidden-Advanced-menu-Bios-HP-Z-J-BIN-1.html#msg58324

You will need to use the alternative link there, since the "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device" is hidden from you in BIOS (exit page used instead of Save & exit - I assume) you can try naming to >> shellx64.efi, but I assume you will need to do as I linked above in second link

once at grub prompt, this will enable VT-d for you >> setup_var 0x18D 0x1

Sorry, IOMMU is not in this BIOS.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)